• 471 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6238 Players Online
  • 5767 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My side server idea/censorship

Discussion in 'Survival' started by qxtz, Apr 12, 2021.

?

Do you want an side server where we can have alll our so called "illegals" back

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have never played the old survival mode

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, recently i posted my idea about making an survival side server without the new plugins running, just like the old survival mode used to be.
    To which i got following response:
    Hey!
    I would have to disagree this wouldn't be worth the dev time. One survival server for anarchy feel just wont work and tbh isn't what we need. This would also just really cause more harm than good.

Then the thread got locked and marked as not planned.
    First of all, a single Mod just did the decission?
    Ok so he says it wouldn't be worth the developers time. Oh so the communities wishes are a waste of time for the developer? What server am i playing on?
    Then he says one survival server wont work and isn't what we need, its what i and a lot of my friends really want, and how do you know it wouldn't work, it worked for over 2 years with 16 servers.
    To me this looks like censorship, the post was moved from survival which i still understand, then marked as unplanned and locked so no one could reply.
    At least give us the chance to argue.

Once again, i have been playing survival mode for 2 years now, i spent a whole lotta time there and i was a part of the real community, now my ideas to help making mineplex better for everyone get denied and censored.
    I regret buying the Lord rank 2 years ago,
    if only i knew what this server was gonna turn into.
    Thank you mineplex staff team, you took away the fun.

Posted Apr 12, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 12, 2021
    MaybeMulti likes this.
  2. Hey there @qxtz!

Truthfully I have little to no knowledge about Bedrock Survival, as I just recently started playing the Bedrock Platform a little more than a month ago. However, I wanted to personally take my time to answer your questions and address your concerns that you’ve provided within this thread.

No, this was not the result of one Mods opinion - The decision in your idea being marked as “Not Planned” was made by CCO (Community Council), GI (Game insights), and CoM (Community Management). These decisions are collective and are further discussed in Discord with multiple people being involved in active discussion. I do understand why you may have thought it was just one Moderator making the decision on your idea however. - While the idea is discussed collectively between each respective team, it’s only necessary for one member to reply, mark the thread as “processed or not planned,” and then lock it.

All ideas are respected and looked into. With the rebranding of the Ideas Team & Feedback Collectors, Community Council (CCO), is responsible for sifting through idea suggestions made on different platforms such as the Forums, Discord, etc. As stated in the CCO Information Thread made by EmmaLie (CoM Admin), this includes sifting through the Ideas Hub, general forums area, and across the network. (Documents, forum-walls, in-game) - With that being said, that’s where idea suggestions and feedback starts. All members of the team work towards the general goal of making sure every idea is heard and provided with feedback. Communities “wishes,” aren’t ignored, nor are they a “waste of time for developers.” - In the response you’ve quoted from your previous thread, based of the context, I believe the feedback that was provided suggest that there are other priorities that the Developers have at this time. Not that it was necessarily a “waste of developers time.”

I again, understand why you may think this. Community Council Members who sift through variety of Ideas provided throughout the Network are responsible for providing feedback and collecting ideas. In providing feedback, they are also responsible for marking a thread as processed/not planned after the idea has been reviewed by other members. (GI - Game Insights & CoM - Community Management) I don’t think I’d classify the action censorship, as your idea has been actively reviewed by several other members of each respective team and processed as “Not planned.” I do agree that every idea has room for discussion of course, but for ideas that are marked as “Not planned,” are locked as early as they are because a final decision is made by several people and likely will not be changed.

To conclude, I would like to provide my own personal opinion on your idea. - I personally don’t think side servers should be added to allow “illegal items.” As of right now spawning in items in which you cannot obtain legitimately is against the rules and adding anarchy servers would just be disregarding the rules put in place currently. For that reason, I respectfully disagree with the idea.

I hope this helps shed some lights to things, however if you have any further questions and/or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me!

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    rilau likes this.
  3. I do agree with your frustration here. Action has been taken on the original thread so that there is a more clear answer as to why your idea was denied. Amg above explained that this was not a decision made by one staff member, the result of the decision was just communicated by one staff member.

See the updated reason for denial on the original thread: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/side-server.196233/#post-682023

Your post on this thread does not include anything new about your first idea. It more seems like a thread made out of understandable frustration. The thing you were frustrated about has been updated to hopefully be more reasonable. Because this thread is only complaining about something that has since been resolved, it will be locked.

If you would like further discussion about the original idea (changing permissions in Survival for a different gamemode), you are allowed to create a new thread if you address the original reason for denial, and change your idea accordingly. I would also encourage you to more clearly outline your idea so everyone understands exactly what the suggestion is.

Thread Locked, Concern Resolved

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    rilau, GuardianInASuit and Amg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.