• 1109 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1109 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My response to my other thread.

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by MeFrankenstein, Oct 28, 2020.

1. First of all, the kits I suggested those were ideas, not exactly the things I want to be added. "Well, what do you want to be added," you ask? Well, I dunno I want to leave that to the mods/admins. I was not playing skywars when there were kits so if they were removed "WHY." I would love if you added kits to the bedrock version. It would be a new experience and it would just liven up the game in general. Thats it. (Also please tell me why they removed kits.)

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    iOrangey likes this.
  2. People were not using them that often

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  3. Not only that but most of the kits wouldn’t work. Meaning they were broken, so many bugs.

I’d want new kits but the one’s you suggested seem to op. New kits make the game for fun instead of repeating the same thing every game. Bridging then getting loot, killing people for xp and for wins, getting better loot at middle, just running around the map killing people for wins. Very boring with just a kit that gives you a stone sword at the beginning.

You should also start a document for a game. Think of a cool idea for a game then write it on google doc or something. When you have a lot of creative ideas that will make the game fair, the community will agree with you. But you can’t expect it to be added immediately. For instance I want potions for skywars. Speed, poison, slowness, regeneration, you name it. But you have to plan out how your going to tell the community. Make it fair for everyone that plays the game.

Posted Oct 28, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 28, 2020
  4. The kits were removed as a result of the recent skywars updates. The air, earth and blaze kits all contained some form of bugs and the ice kit was pretty much the only kit used in the game. Since we now have ender pearls, as well as some maps being a bit shorter some being a bit longer, bringing back the ice bridge would be unnecessary. Basically to conclude, you only get to stay above the void once.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    Young_Inventor and StyxKiller03 like this.
  5. I definitely see what you mean, and while they were removed in skywars update a while ago. I feel that if there is a way to bring them back that doesn't give one kit an overwhelming advantage, I would be down for that. With how it was before, it honestly felt like the ice kit was the only kit that you really needed, while the other kits were useless in my opinion.
    I don't think it should be ability based again (e.g. spawning ice bridges, fire aspect blaze rod, throwing dirt) because Skywars isn't really a game where you can respawn over and over. Unlike other games like Turf Wars or Cake Wars. It should have an emphasis on player skill. Off of the top of my head, I would say maybe having a kit start with a bow and some arrows? I'm not exactly sure how that would play out, but those are honestly the types of kits I would like to see in Skywars if they made a comeback.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  6. Maybe another idea for kits would be not to add special abilities, but to speed up certain strats. Such as starting with blocks, tools, a bow, or healing. The ability based kits were way too unbalanced and made games longer and more annoying, especially ice bridge where you could save yourself while falling into the void multiple times.

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  7. well my friend, it was removed because some of them were way too op ya know?

Posted Oct 28, 2020
  8. yea

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2020