• 175 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 175 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My POV on Sweats/Tryhards

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by primitlve, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Hey everyone! My first forum post after almost a month lmao :D. So recently I've been seeing forum posts about sweats and tryhards. I just wanted to give my opinion/definition on them. In my honest opinion, I don't think it really matters whether you try very hard or play annoying. As long as you have fun that's really all that matters. And as I have come back to the CW2 Community recently there seems to be a lot more of tryhards and sweats. My definition on them is that usually they closet cheat, admit it and don't get banned, cross team in order to win, usually have high ranks, play on alts, and usually as people are saying "make the game unplayable." But I don't really believe the last part that much because their just another player. In the end of the day they can't do crap. I've won a lot of games against so called sweats (my wl has been destroyed trying.) But there's also the tryhards that, you know- actually try... Most people that are being called sweats and tryhards are cheaters and people using unfair advantages. I don't think its Mineplex's job to fix this "tryhard problem." Imo it isn't much of a problem. And Mineplex can't ban a player for being good or ban closeters (which is the now definition of a try hard) because they usually only use autoclickers which for some reason is super hard for Mineplex to detect unless their using 60 cps or something LOL. Have a nice day! -evan

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    Name Tag and FadingShadowzz_ like this.
  2. I totally agree with you. I’ve also been seeing lots of threads about how the game is “unplayable” or they want the staff to do something about the tryhards/sweats. Although, I can see why some players get frustrated when they keep losing to good players, but those players typically have a lot of game and pvp experience. Another thing is that it isn’t the staffs responsibility to separate the new players from the experienced ones. In my opinion, when it comes to things like games, you will always find someone better than you and that’s just how things are. Aside from that, it’s nice to hear you’re back on the forums!

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    Gil-galad, primitlve and NoNo_ like this.
  3. Thank you! Ya maybe game balancing might be cool but there aren't any perks or kits in the game so everyone really has a pretty much fair playing field. (i know experience, skill, game sense, teamwork) all matter but I usually play solo for a challenge and have just as much fun ngl.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 9, 2021
  4. hey incapablex?!

Posted Mar 9, 2021
  5. Hey!
    Firstly, I would like to address the problem you brought up of closet cheaters. Unfortunately, this is a lot harder to detect as it is not as blatant and therefore harder to punish. Most closet cheats like Reach and Modified KB can also only be punished by QA members, so even if a Staff Member suspects it then it needs to be brought to them for further inspection. If you yourself have evidence of potential closet cheats or any other kind of cheats and wish to report it, then I encourage you to do so here.
    As for 'Sweats' and 'Tryhards', there is nothing to be done about this. They are just good players that team up to get wins. I agree it does make the game quite hard to play if you are a solo or you are unexperienced with the game but there is not much you can do about it. They are playing the game fairly and breaking no rules by just teaming up. My advice would be to find a good team to play with in order to increase your chances of success or just play the game more often to gain more experience.

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    rilau and siee like this.
  6. I mean theres always going to be someone better than you no matter what game you play, for me I just take it as motivation to improve.

Posted Mar 12, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  7. I don’t really mind them, they’re just having fun playing and that’s what I am here too. To have fun. But what really erks me up is when they’re all friendly with each other so they leave the lobby so that they don’t pose as competition to their friends in the same lobby. Mostly referred to lobby hopping. Which something could be done about this...

Posted Mar 13, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  8. Hiiiya

We have somewhat similar views on sweats. A lot of people hate them, whereas me and my CW buddy @Exclipse have grown to be quite fond of them. It is funny when some of them like to show off their closet cheating skills by going full bhop or Anti-KB on us (and the high levels do that more than you might think), but when they aren't closeting it's quite fun. I have never understood the people who die and then call out the sweats for being tryhards because it is entirely pointless and oftentimes fuels egos. When we play CW on alts we also get called out for being tryhards and even sometimes hackers lmao. Even though my K:D ratio on my main is less than 1 and on my alt it's just over 1 :(

I've never been too good at the game but I don't have the sweats. I just avoid them wherever possible because I don't want my stats to go down the drain extremely fast.

Posted Mar 13, 2021
    primitlve and Exclipse like this.
  9. Omg HI NEO

Posted Mar 13, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  10. I like replying to posts like this and I dont even play cakewars lol.

We all have different views on tryhards, but I wouldn't call a hacker a tryhard- they're not even "trying" if they use something as skilless as hacks. For me, a tryhard is someone who I think spends too much time playing and someone who only plays to win. I know why people are so annoyed by it, but if they don't like it they can lobby dodge or just not play at all. Sweats are normal players and if they're not breaking a rule, they can't be punished. However, I think a ranking system would be good if Mineplex manages to get new players. I've seen that idea being thrown around a bit.

One thing that didn't make sense to me is this:

So maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but you're making a post acting like tryhards are regular players, but then you also say that most of them are actually cheaters? This doesn't make sense. If someone is cheating, they are not a normal player and they should not be allowed to continue. And I'm also confused on why you said it isn't mineplex's job to fix the "problem." To me, it sounds like the problem you mentioned is the cheaters that you were talking about in the sentence before, so it sounds like you're saying that Mineplex shouldn't enforce their rules because it's not their job to do anything about the problem. I disagree with this. I know it's hard for them to catch every cheater, especially if they're closeting or abusing a glitch, but both of those are against the rules and it's Mineplex's duty to enforce their rules to the best of their ability. They are actually working on GWEN v2, which should hopefully make closeters easier to detect.

But other than that, good post.

Posted Mar 18, 2021
  11. Agreed. Not really a problem on mineplex. Most of the sweats can be beaten if you're decent and have a decent teammate. You just have to try, which is what most people don't want to do. Most people want an easy win so they just leave the game before it starts if they see a good team

Posted Mar 18, 2021
  12. No I'm saying what PEOPLE think sweats are now are the mfs who just closet on mp LOL. thank you for your opinion!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 19, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  13. Replies are in Bold.

Posted Mar 19, 2021
  14. I think it's pretty important to separate the term "tryhards" from "closet cheaters". I typically consider myself a tryhard, as I play to the best of my ability and use all the tools the game gives to me, but I don't cheat. A lot of people say that tryhards ruin the game, and if they're talking about closet cheaters, I'd totally agree - but people who are just playing the game and trying their hardest (as indicated by the name) cause no real issue to Mineplex in my opinion. In moderation, tryhards make the game healthy as it gives players a challenge. Tryhards only ruin the game when there is an overabundance of them, leaving the casual player base no chance to win when things such as lobby dodging are involved.

Posted Mar 20, 2021
    Amg, Paladise, PlebAU and 1 other person like this.
  15. For your first sentence I was refering to what normal players/new players think what tryhards are.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 20, 2021
  16. They make it so unplayable, you get instantly rushed which makes the game not fun to play

Posted Mar 22, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  17. They really need to implement a leveling system like I've suggested before, though this idea has been declined multiple times but I'm going to bring it up anyways. You can't do anything about good players, but you should match them against other players like them, maybe those who aren't so competent go against players like them too. I can't really say much about closet cheaters, Mineplex's Anti-Cheat is awful anyways so I would just depend on staffs, they can moderate matches.

Posted Mar 22, 2021
  18. I suggest learning how to play, or playing build battle :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 22, 2021
    90k likes this.
  19. I play bedwars on a different server and I have no problem with that at all. It’s simply because of how large the skill gap is that I won’t play CW.

Posted Mar 23, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  20. I am split to be honest, as like yeah, staff can't do anything about sweats and they shouldn't be banned, but they do make some games quite unplayable sometimes, in CW you get 3 bricks and there's already a team of immortals eating your cake and killing you (which happened to me A LOT when I got back to mineplex after a break), or in Turf Wars sometimes you can't even get out of your spawn (and sometimes they are in your spawn) killing you the second you go out (or spawn), which makes some games really frustrating to play to the point where a lot of people that use to play it, just avoid it.
    And I've also seen messages along the lines of "they should be motivated to improve", but again, it's sounds logical and good in theory, but that's not how a big majority of humans work, they get frustrated and leave or something very similar.
    As well as some people (like myself) just prefer to play casually for fun, instead of working to get good or something like that.

And of course, there's also many different perspectives for this problem and it's far from being black and white as of course, the higher level and skill players won't be bothered as much, as sweats don't pose the same amount of challenge to them as they do to lower level and skill players.
    At the end, they will annoy some people hella lot (and will make them not want to play anymore), some will be fairly annoyed, but will continue playing, and others won't be bothered at all.

Posted Mar 23, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 23, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.