• 386 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4388 Players Online
  • 4002 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My opinion on Solo Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by IWantACookiieee, Dec 18, 2020.

?

Should Solo Cake Wars be added permanently as a third game mode?

1. Yes

89.8%
  2. No

10.2%
  1. I enjoyed playing it and would like to see it be added as a third permanent game mode. There are also other things that is added with the game too, which are:

- Separate stats and leaderboards from Cake Wars Regular and Duos
    - Remade action bar so you can see all team colors

The best part about the game is that, as a solo player, you don't have to worry about:
    - Team mate(s) hogging resources (since there are none)
    - You only have to deal with one player per team

So if you happen to die, you can easily get resources and get back to battle. Also, if you're a grinder, you can finish games quickly. Games last around 5 mins in my experience.

I can easily see this game mode being permanent very soon and as a third game mode on bedrock because Cake Wars has over 3-4k players average per day.

If you haven't played it yet, try it. The game is currently live today, and if you missed the chance, you'll need to wait 5 more days since the game is time limited for Winter event.

When the Cake Wars update comes out, the game is going to be even more fun with the new content and especially new maps.

What are your opinions on Solo Cake Wars? Do you enjoy the game mode? And do you want to see it added permanently on the server?

Posted Dec 18, 2020
  2. honestly, I have been really enjoying solo cakewars as it's sort of a break from having to sweat against a whole squad and I definitely hope it stays as a permanent game

Posted Dec 18, 2020
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  3. Just so you know in case you missed it on Discord, one of our Bedrock developers said this about the temporary event games:

"It's not a competition for which ones will get to stay, but there will likely be some form of feedback collection after the event to see player's thoughts on the game / if they are interested in adding them"
    https://prnt.sc/w5rau2

So definitely don't take that as fact, but this means the Development team is recognizing that people are interested in keeping some or all of these games, and that there is a possibility this will happen in the future.

Posted Dec 18, 2020
    Drizzerd and IWantACookiieee like this.
  4. Hello there!

I just tried out the amazing solo game mode myself with a friend and I'd say it's a brilliant idea to let the game stay as a permanent game mode inside Cake Wars. If this were to happen to be added as a permanent game mode, I'm probably sure that players who main Cake Wars will scream in joy.

What you said is absolutely true, the game mode only exists with one player only each team so you don't have to worry about getting laid back since you are the only one who's going to be playing against other players, I'll also think that it would be wonderful if new maps were to be added since we've been playing the game with the same maps over and over again.

But yes I support your decision on Solo Mode to be added <3

Posted Dec 18, 2020
    IWantACookiieee and MC_Minium like this.
  5. Oh it’s staying, that’s all Im going to say. The question is when will he get it officially as its own game. The numbers don’t lie, there’s a reason that Java Edition wouldn’t be able to support Solo Cakewars. Their playercount is lower. However bedrock has proven that it can support another cakewars gamemode. I saw 4k players playing regular and duos cakewars. And I saw 1k players playing solo cakewars today. Plus factor in that games only need 8 players to fill up a lobby it’s more then enough for it to be its own gamemode. So no worries about it drastically splitting it up the playerbase on bedrock. Thats why Im so excited to see what happens in the future.

Posted Dec 18, 2020
  6. I hope it stays. This as well as some of the other games which have been apart of the event, as I have really enjoyed them all so far. Solo Cake Wars has been great for a player like me as I don’t play with anyone else and I love PvP games. It’s been good to be able to play Cake Wars without having to manage a teammate. For that reason, I hope it stays as I’m sure the majority of the community would agree, it’s been great fun playing it!

Posted Dec 19, 2020
  7. I thought I was imagining things because I saw solo cake wars for the first time last night but now its gone when I logged in today. Please bring back!

Posted Jan 14, 2021
  8. I've seen so many people in the past suggest to add this, when I heard it was added in the winter event, I immediately hoped on mineplex and checked it out. as others have suggested above I hope this stays as a permanent game mode and I'm looking forward to see what mineplex does with it in the near future.

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  9. Heyo!

Personally, I think that most people would be intrieved if this were to be implemented in Cake wars. As what @Aquaris stated about individuals who main cake wars, would be screaming in joy.

I also think that this would be a great game mode added to Mineplex because I'm quite certain that lots of people were frustrated with how they kept dying, despite all the complaints in terms of cake wars standards and duos. Nonetheless, I'm totally agreeing with you and hope to see this implemented :).

-Justin/Ghost

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    Ryan9116, yvuggu and IWantACookiieee like this.
  10. Just add this omg

Posted Jan 15, 2021
    yvuggu, Aquaris and IWantACookiieee like this.
  11. add to bedrock already, its been like 3 years mineplex

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  12. 100% exactly what Dul said. The only thing I'd add is that in terms of GI, I know the team thinks it would be a great idea and we're most likely going to suggest it for the Cake Wars update, for whatever that's worth! If you'd like to see what our full Cake Wars update proposal looks like, check out @landay's thread here https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gi-bedrock-cakewars-update-proposal.161897/

Posted Jan 15, 2021
  13. xbg

xbg

Solo Cake Wars would be amazing!

Posted Jan 21, 2021
  14. I agree! The good news is its now included in the update document, which means there's a chance it might be released with the Cake Wars update. There was an official poll on Mineplex Discord about Solo Cake Wars for bedrock recently and over 200 people agreed for it to return. You can look at the update document here: GI - Cakewars Update Proposals - Google Docs [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  15. "Having trash teammates, is like having no teammate" - Me, 2021

Posted Jan 21, 2021
  16. "Having trash teamates is worse than having no teamates" bc they steal your generator and hog all your resources just to slip and fall in the void

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Grant138 likes this.
  17. I agree. Bad team mates make it harder for you to win games

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  18. Hiyaa!
    From my time of being on the forums, I have constantly seen the idea of "Solo Cake Wars" being brought up and have seen a numerous amount of opinions on.
    Here are a few threads on this topic:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    Thread 5
    For my opinion, it hasn't changed and I have wrote a response on all the threads listed but here's an updated one:

I absolutely love the idea of having a Solo Cake Wars mode for a number of reasons. I think this would be a great option for players who just wanna play alone while they are waiting for their friends to get online, for new players to see how the game works, or just to try it out and have fun.

I use to be kind of against this idea for one reason which was, in order for this mode to be implemented, Mineplex was thinking about taking away the duos mode. As many players know, I'm a huge Cake Wars duos fan and prefer it over the standard mode any day and I've learned that a lot of other players agree with me on this point. I can understand the viewpoint of Mineplex though, because they just wanna make sure there will be enough players for the game mode but I think it would be possible. I feel like all players are loyal to their favorite game mode and would still play standard and duos with their friends but solos would be a good option for players for reasons I mentioned above.
    As @Dulciloquy has mentioned above, recently the development team has now said their is a possibly of keeping both standard and duos, while adding on another game mode.

I personally have tried out solos mode in MPS servers with my friends and it was insanely fun, I absolutely loved versing my close friends but I did come across some issues while doing this on the standard mode map. If this idea is to be implemented, there would be a lot of thought that goes into it due to the maps, and how many solos there would be in a game. I definitely think some kind of map format like duos could work for this game mode but definitely not the standard mode map. I also would wonder if the items in the shop would cost more since it would only be one player using the generator the whole game if that makes sense.

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  19. I also prefer duos over standard for both Bedrock and Java, its so much fun!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  20. Hi there!

I too would love for Cake Wars solo added. I had a lot of fun playing it during the winter period and I know many people as we can see above feel the same way! I completely agree with other people above with regards to teammates sometimes being a bit frustrating to say the least. Honestly I don't have a bad thing to say about Cake Wars solo. I believe it was the most played game out of those added during the winter period (correct me if I'm wrong) and I think we saw that we have the player count to sustain all three modes.

I'm very much in favour of CakeWars solo becoming permanent!

-MC Minium

Posted Jan 28, 2021