• 2379 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 15757 Players Online
  • 13378 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My opinion on Lunar Client

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by d9_, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Do you use lunar and you wish for it to stay

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

14.4%
  3. I don't use lunar Client

23.1%
  1. It’s all good! I hope that you reinstate soon.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 22, 2020
    unsorrowful likes this.
  2. I was introduced to the Lunar client by my friend, ever since then I have used it to play Minecraft. It has great features and good FPS boosts. I cannot think of any reason to blacklist it from the network, especially when a majority of the games are PVP oriented. As others have stated this client is perfectly fine, it has been around for a good while and the creators know what they're doing. I do feel that a big number of people will leave due to this decision. Think about it, why go through the hassle of closing lunar client to join the server when you could join all the other competitors without hassle? I feel this could deter new players from joining when they realize they have to not use their Lunar client which helps them play Minecraft with greater quality. As for GWEN, I do not see how it conflicts in any way when it does not do any of the sorts that hacked clients do. I do not know any of the statistics GWEN gives, this is just my observation.

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  3. There’s a explanation in the mineplex discord explaining it:

Sorta big rules announcement for you all today.

**- The Lunar Client is no longer an approved mod.** (which means it is an unapproved mod and you are not allowed to use it)

For more information on why this is the case, here is an explanation from **Rosmeme **who is our **Quality Assurance Manager**:

We did not take this decision to disallow Lunar Client lightly in the slightest. We understand that there are lots of people who enjoy using this client and the features that it does bring. However, **after several months of testing and researching Lunar's behavior on the server, we have found many irregularities when compared to Vanilla from 1.8 through 1.16.** These inconsistencies had large effects on our anti-cheat as well as other, smaller, issues present on other parts of the Network. Recently, Lunar-client decided to remove their client-side anti-cheat. Once this removal was announced and our research and our many testings of the client came to a finish, we no longer felt comfortable promoting this client on our server by having it as an approved modification.

EDIT: To clarify for those who are confused, the decision to remove Lunar as an approved mod was not decided solely over their removal of their client side anticheat. As said above, the main reasoning behind its removal is due to the irregularities and effects it has on GWEN. We are also now working with Lunar to try and reach a solution to the overall problem.

We hope that you have a happy and safe upcoming holiday. ❤️

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  4. The people I have talked to have pretty much all just kept using the mod, even though it is suppose to be banned now. But I don't really think that is too much of a problem if they remove the client side of it, since most players use the free version. In terms of Gwen guessing it is a hacked client, I would say why not just fix Gwen so this doesn't happen lol?

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  5. There’s little point recoding the entire anticheat for 1 specific client as I imagine gwen is several Java packages which call other apis etc, it’s nkt easy to Jody recode or “fix” Gwen, it’s fine as it is and by adapting it to one client it may allow more clients to bypass

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    230V likes this.
  6. All the accusations were proven to be false. Stop believing everything you read

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  7. dont care at all lMFAOO
    its a bad client

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  8. This is quite the thread. I won't comment my opinions but if Lunar can come to an agreeable alternative, just as badlion has, then I see not further issue in its ban. On that note, simply use a different client - forge, laby, and BLC all have really good accessibility and customization options - if one isn't allowed simply move to the next.

Posted Dec 1, 2020
    230V likes this.
  9. Personally, I find that using Lunar Client gives me the best fps out of all the available clients.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  10. Sodium+Lithium+Phosphor is the best alternative if you want to have high fps.

Posted Dec 7, 2020
    frp likes this.
  11. Ah yeah, that might be because it's using an alternative graphics optimization algorithm - something of that sort. There's some sort of code that optimizes the game for you; if you find its name you can add it to forge labymod or select it as an option for badlion. Keep in mind there are other advanced settings that you can use to optimize your game manually. It's not the best deal to have your favorite client banned, but for now there's a lot you can do to make due :D

Posted Dec 7, 2020
  12. I use labymod :DD

Posted Dec 7, 2020