• 331 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2910 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

(MY)Opinion about Mineplex

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Cardyceps, Dec 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

Will I get banned for this?

1. Yes, I am in a big trouble!

34.5%
  2. No, do not worry, everything is fine.

65.5%
  1. After my "PC" died I got old HP laptop that used to get around 20-40 FPS but it would overheat and turn off every 15 minutes lol

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  2. It reminds of my old laptop, it was REALLY noisy and it broke on the very first day of my Robotics club

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2019
  3. Oof

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  4. I also have a TV that is 20 years old

OP OP
  5. I still have a monitor that I had when I started playing games
    --- Post updated ---
    I still use it as a secondary display

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  6. Did you have anything called PSP or any Game boy

OP OP
  7. I didn't have it but my friend still has a PSP

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  8. I remember I had a Chinese version, but it was actually good. I couldn't add or remove any games, but there were many of them

OP OP
  9. Nice

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  10. I never was able to play each game, but my favorite were bionicle game, nickelodeon game and scooby doo game
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh and a game about Star wars episode 3

OP OP
  11. This has turned from Bedrock being bad post to something completely different lol

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  12. Yes, I am sorry, but I need to go, make sure to check my threat about pets called pets2.0,bye

OP OP
  13. So, let me break down this thread. I'm going to be ignoring the 30+ off-topic messages here.

1) The Bedrock server is understaffed, so there are more hackers and such, so your experience can be ruined.

Why?

Very few of the Bedrock players are eligible for staff.

Why?

They are underage and probably won't show the maturity required for moderation.

This means that there are fewer Bedrock staff members, so there are more hackers and rule-breakers. This problem is amplified further by there being many more regularly players on Bedrock than Java.

2) Bedrock has many more bugs and complaints than Java.

Why?

There aren't many developers. Mojang has released some very buggy updates.

Mojang's Bedrock skin editor was very buggy, so Mineplex was forced to set all skins to white. The developers are trying to fix this, but there aren't that many of them. Furthermore, the Survival Mode was reset because many hackers had glitched items, which ruined gameplay. Why were there soo many hackers? See (1) and (2)

The problems are cyclical.

There are a few things you can do to help. You can: report rule-breakers in-game or on the forums; apply for Bedrock staff here; apply to become a Developer here.

I hope I've explained some of the problems that this thread has revolved around. And for God's sake, stop talking about your Gameboys you had as a child:

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    °3° and lightningbtw_ like this.

14. yes i agree talk about that in the general discussion, but a simple fix for developers would be post ads to hire more people? would that not be a solution? the devs team is very slow thats understandable, but instead of loosing players would you not want to fix the problem? it feels like this has been dragged out for ages and ages but its all down to a lack of fixing the server? devs are rushed and feel like the deadlines aren't possible? it feels badly managed, and you can clearly see that through the server :/

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  15. Post ads where?

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  16. on websites that allow you to publish job applications?

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  17. For free? I don't think those websites exist. Do ya mean post links to the job applications on Mineplex itself?

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  18. MY Opinion on Mineplex? Mineplex is a joke. Mineplex's only good gamemode is Cakewars. Mineplex's only good gamemode lacks updates. Mineplex's staff are - let me not get banned too soon. Basically I like the one gamemode I mentioned above but hate the other characteristics that make up the network. Few people I'd actually call friends that play on the server and none of them are on the forums from my knowledge.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    Cardyceps and NothinButNetYT like this.
  19. Nailed it with this one, its frustrating all right but I always complain and nothing happens, they tell you to report bugs but when you do they tell you they are already known next thing you know the bug after almost a year still isn’t fixed ): We just got to be patient we don’t know whats going on the dev side they obviously are very busy and smaller then other servers so all we can do is wait. I never played much survival but I know that a lot of people cheated to get their items in survival and it was in need of a refresh. I understand why that would be frustrating though to have all your work wiped. Sorry about that

I also heard there is only one official bedrock Developer or two but we don’t know man.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  20. I am back and this time I won't speak about Game boys. Let me tell you something about Survival Mode.
    For me it wasn't some kind of over filled with hackers wasteland of claims, no. The hackers and SOME glitches were part of the game for me. For me Survival was a simulator of trading and helping each other.
    I lived on survival 7 in a city, but it still had place for people to live in. The secret is to use the land carefully . The hacked blocks were giving a lot of fun. In fact some USUAL items could be received from hacker only, beetroot is the example. God items just showed that the owner is rich. There even were bands like "dragons", that is how I called them, they all wore dragon heads and bullied people. The claims weren't so critical. I was always able to find some land for starters and there always were others who helped me finding place to settle. Yes, hackers are bad guys, but it was REALLY hard to kill someone. Hackers couldn't kill pros with swords and bows and all mobs were easy to kill, even wither bosses. I do not expect you to understand me, but here is the last bit of information. Survival Mode was a type of community were everyone was equal and good helped others and bad were totally annihilated by community. This community wasn't for everyone, but there were loyal people like me. Mineplex considered this community unethical and that it shouldn't exist, -snip-
    --- Post updated ---
    Lol, I am back. They removed the part where I describe Mineplex as a bad mother, but there weren't any swearing or bad words, well at least I am not banned.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 14, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Dec 13, 2019