• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9404 Players Online
  • 6514 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My old Trainee apps

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Donatello5, Apr 18, 2020.

1. “degree in archaeology” classic haha

Posted Apr 21, 2020
    Daye, Kindnessaj and Donatello5 like this.
  2. same lol, I don't even want to take a glance at my old application due to how horribly I probably wrote it lmao ;w;

Posted Apr 22, 2020
    RavenPaw9 and Donatello5 like this.
  3. I submitted my first Trainee application when I was nine years old! I have probably sent a total of 10+ applications from ages 9-12, and when I looked back on them not long ago, I realized how terrible they are. When I submitted that first application as a 9-year-old, all of my responses were only a sentence long, grammar was awful, and I did not even have a mic! I tried to ask to use ENJIN CHAT! Since then, I have lost the account details for my original enjin account that had the applications on them, but maybe it is for the best! They are terrible!

Posted Apr 22, 2020
    Donatello5 likes this.
  4. I can relate to you not only on mineplex though. Looking at old applications is always a good way to remind myself how I was back then and how I'm now.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
    Donatello5 and ErikDaJuan like this.
  5. Hey!

I submitted my first application when I was 11 years old, and this is very relatable for me. I have gone back to look at my Trainee applications from back then and they aren't good at all. It's very surprising to me that I thought I had a chance at all, but that's probably how all of us were when we were younger. I think it's nice to see how much we have all improved by just looking at our old staff applications.

Posted Apr 24, 2020
  6. Hey there!

I can definitely relate to this haha. I remember I submitted my first application at the age of 11 or 12, I thought I was 100% going to get Trainee as I spent a crazy, 30 minutes writing it... Honestly, it was for sure a good thing I got denied as I was so immature and I could not handle stressful situations. After I got accepted in 2018 and I experienced being a Trainee and Moderator I looked back at my old applications and it was amazing seeing how much I improved over just 2 years. It's honestly funny that I was salty about it when my application was truly rubbish and it shows how great the recruiters truly are at there job.

Posted Apr 24, 2020
  7. I think I submitted my first application when I was around 11 - 12, it was denied of course and it was probably for the better. I don't think I was ready until a year later when I re-applied and was accepted. It was a stupid reason also on my part for my denial back in 2017.

Posted Apr 24, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  8. I remember writing an application when I was 10. I wrote a sentence for each question. It honestly feels weird to look back and realize how immature and stupid I was. I attempted to write a few more applications after that. All of them were denied for lack of detail. Those denied applications gave me the motivation to continue writing and to never give up.

Posted Apr 24, 2020
    Donatello5 likes this.
  9. I remember my first application and even my application from a year or so ago, it’s crazy to see how I’ve matured and you can tell how much a persons changed based of the way they wrote back then and now. It’s kind of crazy now that I’m reading my old app to think that I actually thought and waited hoping to get accepted with 3 sentences or 2 sentences per question!

Posted May 4, 2020
    Donatello5 likes this.
  10. Heyo! I submitted my first application after we migrated to XenForo, basically, it was a cluster of 1 sentence answers to the question. I can see why the staff denied me o/

Posted May 4, 2020
    Donatello5 likes this.
  11. Oh man, I get a kick out of all the old applications I submitted through Enjin. I started applying for Trainee around 2015-ish (I was still underage, so a lot of my apps were denied for being underage) and I can't believe I actually thought what I wrote would be sufficient enough for the staff team. A lot of my answers were a few sentences with improper grammar, and I find it appealing to go back and look at how much I've changed since then. The apps system was a lot different back then as well. I can definitely see why I was rejected so many times, haha.

Posted May 4, 2020
    Donatello5 likes this.
  12. I submitted three applications over the course of 5th grade and was accepted on the third try right after school got out. I remember pouring my heart and soul into those apps for weeks on a google doc. Just goes to show that anything is achievable if you put your mind to it! I think I was the youngest staff member for some time.

Posted May 4, 2020
    Donatello5 likes this.
  13. I'm honestly impressed, I sent 15+ apps when I was in 6th-7th dates and all of them got rejected for either underage or lack of detail. Getting accepted when you were only in fifth grade must've been huge

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 4, 2020
    zlxr (Suspici0us) likes this.
  14. Did you ever get invited to an interview or are you still trying?

Posted May 4, 2020
    Donatello5 likes this.
  15. Oh man! I remember I made my first two Helper applications around March and April in 2015. This was when Helper tag existed before it got renamed to Trainee. I submitted my Helper/Trainee application 8 times before I got accepted onto the staff team. I remember that I got denied on my first application for "not having enough detail," and I worked hard on putting a lot of answers onto my application. I also got denied for "poor interview" on my second application. My third application would've been successful if I was helping so many players on Mineplex. I was sadly denied for "not being helpful in-game." The most denial I got was a "poor interview." I got denied on my fourth and fifth application for the same reason, "poor interview." My sixth application was cancelled by me due to personal reasons. My seventh application was falsely denied, and I was told to re-submit the application again. I didn't gave up on Trainee at that time. I had a lot of perseverance that kept me going for Trainee.

It's nice to see that all Trainee applicant who's still trying to get staff. I want to wish everyone the best luck on their application! ^-^

Posted May 4, 2020
  16. Hey there!

I have submitted 6 applications, and all of them have been denied unfortunately, but for good reason. The first one I submitted was last year of August. It was my first application ever, and at the time, I was honestly a bit immature, and a bit full of myself. The first two applications I submitted, I realized I had put in my age as 14, when I really wasn't. I contacted a Recruiter and let them know about my situation. But every single application was denied for either lack of detail, or because I do not reach the underage requirements. Of course when I heard this, I was fairly disappointed in myself, and felt like a complete loser (i had a lot of emotional issues last year). To this day, I am still planning on applying, however this time, I will be going very slowly while writing my application. If you do plan to apply, I wish you the best of luck!

Have a great day!

Posted May 12, 2020
    Truthhs and MostForgotten like this.
  17. My first App was when I was 13 years old, I was 1 year under the age requirement, however after about 3-5 tries I accomplished my goal at the time. It’s crazy to think back to when we were all younger and just process the way we were thinking back then, I just remember being so excited when I got accepted, it made me extremely happy. Sometimes it’s good to look back on things like this and just think about the good times you’ve had over the years.

Posted May 28, 2020
    zlxr (Suspici0us) likes this.
  18. Hey,

I'm late to this thread, but I actually laughed reading my old applications when I was able to on Enjin. I started applying in 2015 when I was 13/14 years old. I would always get denied for being underage initially, but eventually, I started to get flooded with the "Not Enough Detail" and "Not Ready". As I got older and got more and more mature, my applications started to get a bit better, and I believe I got rejected once for Poor Interview / Not Helpful In-Game. I think it took me 14 applications to finally get accepted the first time. And about 16 until I got accepted as a trainee. One thing Mineplex has helped me drastically with is my writing. I've become a much better writer over the years because of my activity on the forums, and dedication to being accepted. It may have taken me a long time to be accepted, but one thing I was always proud of, despite how awful the applications were... was that I began to learn something and take something from every rejection, and learn about what I needed to do to succeed in the future. In the later future, I also learned to mention the recruiters to ask about what I could improve on, and asking them to be more specific about why I was denied so that I could improve more and more.

Posted May 28, 2020
  19. I applied for Trainee once. Now the reason why I got motivated to apply was because I had a few friends who were on the staff team that are awesome and genuinely helpful people. I wanted to be something like that so I really aimed towards that and the end result was great!

Posted May 28, 2020
  20. Awesome stories haha! Yeah, Trainee really does seem like an interesting experience in the Mineplex community!

Posted May 29, 2020