• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9742 Players Online
  • 6852 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My old Trainee apps

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Donatello5, Apr 18, 2020.

1. So I went out and got a degree in Archaeology, did some digging, and managed to find my very first Trainee app, you can read -unapproved link- if you want, and honestly if you're as bored as I am you might get a kick out of it. I sent in the first one when I was 12, and was always shocked when they came back denied. But Hindsight being 20/20 It's crazy I ever expected them to be accepted at all

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  2. Hi there!

It's always nice to get back to old memories. I remember my first trainee application in 2016. It's honestly hard to believe why I thought in the way I thought back then. However, I believe this is just a sign of growing up and getting more mature, which is certainly not a bad thing at all!

As for your linked trainee application, please note that players cannot view trainee applications besides their own. This is unfortunate in this situation as I would've wanted to share the joy with you. :( However, if you're ever going to apply for trainee again, good luck. Have a fantastic day!

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  3. How do you find your old application, since the forums migrated? I sent in 3 when I was 9 years old back in 2015 and they were so bad.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  4. Hey!

It is pretty cool looking at your past Trainee applications and seeing how they improved, and even I sometimes look at my past applications from time to time. And as Kisme said, If you think your past applications don't look that good now, that just means you have improved and know more what a good application looks like.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    xydy likes this.
  5. Hi again!

@_NoHaxJustCats_, you can view your old trainee applications since the forum change by visiting Enjin and clicking on the Applications tab.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  6. Hello!
    I've never made an application on the old forums, though for those of you looking to get on the Enjin site, you can use the link here. I submitted my first application as an 11 year old in late 2018... Honestly, it's embarrassing to look back on them... xd

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  7. Kinda a huge throwback but not gonna lie, when I wrote my first trainee application, I really did not know what I was doing to be honest. Basically, I rambled on and on about random stuff and added unnecessary things that I thought looked good in the application. Also, I had no idea what a quota was so that was also a big issue. Not only that, but I decided to apply to become a part of the Map Testing Team. I said things like "Nice map! Can't wait to see more from you soon!" That is self explanatory why that's a big yikes. Anyway, luckily there is always room for improvement and I was able to get onto the wonderful team today which I cherish every single moment working with them. Good luck with your future endeavors \o/

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Kindnessaj, ScarletBlood37 and Kisme like this.
  8. Every time I try and go to the enjin website, I get redirected to the new website. Any help?

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  9. The old Enjin website is discontinued so you will be redirected to the new one.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  10. How did the people above read their applications then?

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  11. Hi there!

@StayOnline, you can see your applications by going to the official Enjin site or any other Enjin forum.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Parkzr likes this.
  12. Reading what others have said, I believe Enjin stores applications that you send separately and that is how they managed to find their old application(s). I could be wrong though.

Try logging into Enjin and do some digging around your profile/posts. Perhaps you will find it.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  13. Hello!

I recently just went back and decided to read my old applications on Enjin from about four years ago. I use to be terrible at writing, but I think it's amazing to see how much I've improved over the past 4 years.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Kindnessaj and Donatello5 like this.
  14. I figured it out :) Thanks!

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Kisme and anon192 like this.
  15. I read over my 2018 Enjin Application not too long ago, and it seems like I put a little too much effort in. The good thing about reading over your old applications is that you can learn from mistakes you made, and you can plan out how to improve your future applications.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    French_Kangaroo and Donatello5 like this.
  16. As Stat said, I think reading through applications is a good way to improve. You can learn mistakes and build on them for your future applications. I think it's also nice to read through past applications to remember those times when you applied, maybe not in the right state of mind, but nonetheless hoping to help out the network as a staff member. Whether you got that position or not, it's nice to look back.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  17. Hey there!
    Honestly, I feel like anyone who was/is interested in staff has that one application they wrote when they were eleven or twelve and were unavoidably shocked when it got denied. I was incredibly confident in my first application which I submitted when I was in fifth grade after having just barely gotten the required in-game time. I remember really thinking it was the application that was going to get me onto the staff team. Of course it wasn't, but it was still a nice try and got me a little closer to understanding what the recruiters were actually looking for in an application. After that, I still applied with the same confidence only to be rejected three more times until I finally figured out how to write a proper application. Despite how disappointing it could be at times, I honestly feel like writing all those applciation for Mineplex really made me a better writer. I want to be a professional writer someday, so honestly I can't thank Mineplex enough for helping me out with that. It's always a fun and nostalgic experience to reread old applications, but I'm really glad I kept at it. If you ever appy for trainee again, best of luck to you! I hope you're doing well!

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  18. I also found some of my old apps (not on mineplex) and they were honestly laughable at. It's one of those moments where you look at your old self and you realise how much you have improved and just matured. It's nice but also embarassing to look at stuff like that xD.

Posted Apr 19, 2020
    Donatello5 likes this.
  19. If you go to the -unapproved link- and log in with your old information you should be able to find them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2020
  20. I know I'm a bit late on this thread, but I just looked back on my first application - let's just say that I'm glad I wasn't accepted. I think with every player's first application, you have to learn and try again. Especially because I was only 11 when I submitted my first application, I was immature and had poor writing skills, therefore each answer being only 1-3 sentences long. Now, quality is definitely over quantity in Trainee applications, but my answers were kurt to the point where I barely even answered the question. Though it's embarassing to look back on, I think it was a good experience, and I remembered how proud I was when I first submitted it, starting that fire to keep submitting applications after that. I still think it's a good idea to look back on your first application to see how much you've improved and how far you've come since then.

Posted Apr 21, 2020