• 877 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2961 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My (Less-than-perfect) Mineplex Journey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 0joe, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Dear Reader,

My name is Joe. I'm 15 years old, and I have been on Mineplex since mid 2015. This is my story...

I was drawn to the server by my older brother who had been playing on it for a while before I joined. I always watched him play different minigames and saw how much fun he was having, getting a sly smile on his face while slaughtering unsuspecting players in Survival Games or successfully assassinating King Chiss in Castle Siege. I got my Minecraft account for my birthday in 2015, and immediately joined Mineplex. I finally got my turn at experiencing what my brother's volatile facial expressions had been teasing me about for months. During my first year or so on Mineplex, I played for hours and hours most afternoons with either my brother or a good friend from school. My friend had a rank on the server, so I persuaded my parents to purchase the Hero rank for me. Then I got them to upgrade me to Legend. Then to Titan. I even started a Mineplex YouTube channel with my friend; we uploaded 4 videos and never did anything with it after that, although we still played with each other. We played Survival Games, Bridges, Mixed Arcade, Champions TDM, and many other games together. All was good for about a year.

Over the year I had been playing, I had created an Engin account for the Mineplex website and I familiarized myself with it. I never really was that active on the forums, but I browsed them from time to time if I had an issue. Although I was well underage, I applied to be a Trainee several times; all of them were denied because of my age. At the time I thought my applications were amazing and could not be refused, but obviously I was still very naive and my writing skills were all but amazing.

In that same time period, I did not respect Mineplex's rules whatsoever. I had amassed six severity 1 warnings and one severity 1 mute. If I received a warning, I didn't think much of it. Sometimes I didn't even know I got one. I was warned for many different things: caps, spamming chat, ghosting in Survival Games, hackusating, being rude in general, and cross teaming. Yes, I was a bit of a troublemaker back then. I had no idea about punishment history either, and I thought punishments didn't stick around on any record. I didn't bother to go through all the rules of Mineplex and, frankly, I didn't even care.

Then came that...day. That day that I am so embarrassed about and ashamed of and that I wish never happened. On September 29, 2016, I decided to do some investigating on how this "hacking" thing worked. I watched some YouTube videos, and before you knew it, I downloaded a hacked client. I figured out how to install it into my game, and there I went. I created a new singleplayer world to test things out.

KillAura? That sounds interesting.

AutoAim? I gotta try this out.

Speed? Awesome!

I then proceeded to load into my beloved Mineplex. I went straight into Survival Games, and I bet you can guess what happened next.

"You've been banned for: Permanent. Reason: Flying around and using speed in SG."

Oh boy, was I bawling my eyes out. I was thrown off my axis for weeks! How could I have been so stupid? I knew I couldn't just appeal for it...I had been caught and there was nothing I could do about it. I could no longer get into the place I loved so much and spent so much time in. I even had a rank that my parents paid for! What would they say? So many questions were being thrown around in my head over the weeks that came after the incident. All I could do was shut my dad's laptop and forget anything ever happened, forget about Mineplex...forget about it all. Maybe I would feel better if I never touched Minecraft again. The funny thing is that it worked. I stopped playing and acted like it never happened. I did this because I didn't want to deal with my overwhelming guilt and shame.

I went on about a year and a half hiatus from Minecraft as a whole. In mid 2018, I decided to check back in on my old safe haven. Immediately, I was confused. There was no ban screen anymore. I was...back in, apparently. I didn't really react how you think I would have. I wasn't overly excited and didn't really show much emotion at all other than a "Hey, that's pretty neat" type expression on my face. Because I had been gone from Mineplex for so long, I had grown so accustomed to not being around it that I didn't really feel the need to have anything to do with it anymore. I was still hung up on my past idiocy as well. I ended up waiting almost another year before finally coming back to Mineplex.

This brings me into my resurgence. I started playing Minecraft sparingly, starting in early May. I mostly just played Bed Wars with a few discord buddies on -snip-, but it then drifted to them wanting to play on Mineplex. I was a bit wary, but I decided it was time to stop dwelling on the past. I quickly got reattached to the Mineplex community and was so glad I came back. I've been playing minigames and hanging out in Lobby 1 most days since then, and it has been a great experience. I did receive another punishment though, for a comment about the furry community taken out of context. Even though I was punished without knowledge of my conversation's context, it was a dumb thing to do and I understand that I need to be more careful in what I say, no matter if it's a satirical comment or a mutual joke.

I've decided that I really want to become part of the Mineplex Staff Team as well. I know it may seem like it wouldn't be possible with my punishment history, but I've talked with many Staff members and they have reassured me that it is possible. I have applied twice already, one being denied for not being on the forums long enough with my new Engin account and the other being denied for applying too shortly after my recent punishment. I plan to do my time, and apply again right after the wait is over. I am determined to keep on applying until I become a Staff member.

There you have it. That is my Mineplex story in its entirety. I don't know why I felt the urge to write about it, but I did. I hope those that have had similar experiences will learn from this and not do some of the stupid stuff that I did. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Stay awesome,

Joe

Posted Nov 4, 2019
  2. Yo!
    Firstly, welcome back to the Mineplex community! I would like to say that no one is perfect, I myself have a few punishments on my belt but what really matters is self growth. If you want to be apart of the staff team, that comes with you needing to be mature, respectful of Mineplex, and being a good image for not only our community but for the staff team in-general. I suggest reading over these two threads about the Trainee process
    Anyways, it's good to know that you are done with your old-ways and that you want to make an impact to the community. If you have any questions feel free to message me or another staff member at www.mineplex.com/staff!

Thread Moved > Introductions

Posted Nov 4, 2019
  3. Hey Joe, we’ve talked a bit on discord.
    I finally get to learn more about your several punishments that you mentioned while we chatted.
    Neat! Frankly, applying for staff puts a bit of stress on people’s minds. Heck! I’d be surprised if it didn’t.
    Anyways, glad to see you on the forums, if you ever want to get carried in cakewars HMU (haha...)
    Anyways, text ya later.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
  4. yeah man I also have 31 mutes and a couple of them being severity 2-3 but im sure one day ill be able to join the staff team!!!!!!!! mineplex is really cool and the staff are so awesome omg I just cant wait to be one. Cheating is a big no no tho

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  5. Hello!

It is great that you want to be apart of the amazing Mineplex staff team. I am sure that some current staff members have received punishments from the past. Theses staff members would have to had support these punishments, and explain how they learned from it. However, it is still very possible to still become a member of the staff team. Even with your punishment history. You just have to want the position enough, and to be able to explain what you have learned from the punishments, and why they will never happen again. While it looks like you really want a position on the prestigious team. It will definitely take some time. Some staff members applied for a position as a Trainee many times. While it is frustrating to be denied. You will be accepted one day as long as you. First, put your heart into the application, and really want the position to do good and not bad. Second, put your punishment history behind you, and explain why you decided to put it behind you! I know, one day, if you truly want to join the staff team, and really dedicate time to it. I will assure you, you will be perfectly fine! I hope you found this helpful!

Posted Nov 12, 2019