• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6838 Players Online
  • 3948 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My issues with this update (+feedback)

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Ultra64, Jun 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I am not a very active forums member but still wanted to share my issues with this update with everyone.

'Amplified' not showing up in lobby.
    I used to play whatever game was amplified when I could not decide among the selection but now that it does not show up in lobby, its hard to pick a game to play.

Kits/Starting Sword Removed from Skywars
    I like that the Zombie Guardians were removed, but removal of starting Wooden Sword is a change I would dislike, there are games I lost just because I could not get a sword from the early chests. The removal of kits is while something I would support just because how bad/useless they were mostly, I recently did purchase the Air kit so now my gems are gone sadly.

Removed Games: Skyfall, Mixed Arcade, Survival Games and Death Tag.
    It is really odd that active games like Death Tag and Survival games were removed, even though there is a Classics section now, would like it if they were back, I play all of these except skyfall.

New Childish Lobby Design
    While the new lobby is not bad by any means, I do think its a bit childish and I also did like the old design and theme of Mineplex that just does not feel like it anymore. Do apperaicate the lag reduction in lobby however.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    Chaos, Cardyceps, Melsieee and 3 others like this.
  2. As far as we know some games will be returned.

True, this creates inconvenience for those who play exactly these games. I also want to come back because some of them are really interesting and fun.

I also believe that this update was very fast. There are a lot of problems and it's really uncomfortable to play. It is true that some problems have been fixed, but others have immediately appeared to replace them... (._.)

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  3. @QotoZz Agreed. I also forgot to mention how buggy crafting recipe book is. Items can be easily be deleted or sometimes cloned.

This basically made be never use the Crafting part of Skywars. While I managed to overall work with it in Survival because most things are easily renewable, I just lost all my wood in skyblock and have to grow more trees.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  4. Yea so, I don’t really have a problem with your other points, but these 2 caught my attention. You’re right.

'Amplified' not showing up in lobby.
    I also wish games that were amplified would show in the lobby, but now you have to click games and go to their waiting lobbies to see if they’re amped or not, which can get extremely annoying after a while.

Kits/Starting Sword Removed from Skywars
    I also agree with both points here, not having a sword is game changing, I hate how some people don’t even get swords on their islands while others start with full iron armour and weapons. I would also like ice bridge back, it was life saving for me in certain situations.

These two are good points!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    Johnny Welamton, Chaos and nerfguns3 like this.
  5. Hey!

This is a great point here. the removal of the starting wooden swords screwed up my muscle memory because the tracking compass is in slot 1. i have lost a ton of games cause of the sword removal.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    godaroura likes this.
  6. True. Not having a sword is really annoying at times and forces more rng in skywars. I would like Wooden Sword in slot 1 and the tracking compass on slot 2. This could be made the default kit and more kits could be added in future with starting armor/pickaxe etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2020
  7. I like new lobby. It clear and less lag.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    jis likes this.
  8. Since this is titled “my issues with this update” ... I agree ... it was rushed to put out... in all actuality I did not expect this update till after the Minecraft’s Nether update came out.

Just by the conversations there was asking bedrock players what they would like to see changed, etc with this update, I would never have expected it this soon. Besides that, this update has nothing to do with the list of changes or requests we all made, is sad. Never was a skyscraper modern city theme ever discussed. I am quite sure the majority would have said “NO”! I know I would have never considering it because it doesn’t correlate with the theme we “had” at Mineplex. It is greatly disappointing to see that theme gone which “ALL” of our rank and rank bonus’ reflected... like the royalty clothes... what is the point of them now, or some of our pets like the castle guard... there is no castle.

Child like or childish themed lobby ... I completely agree! This doesn’t speak of the fact that not everyone on bedrock isn’t 8 or younger. The NPC’s are huge and immature, as well as the new Carl... that isn’t what I see Carl should look like ... big and buff... why?

They took away our theme so any theme related items we own are gone or will be gone... how can you have royalty theme items when we are not royalty of any sorts any more, nor can you have a castle guard pet... these came with our rank and were themed... what are they going to be replaced with as well as rank name... what... Mr and Mrs.. ugh! What rank can you possible have that relates to a modern city... we were never gender neutral rank and we were royalty ranked ... We didn’t have titles such as having VIP, or GOAT, etc that other servers use. But now we make no sense.

Then they removed all Halloween related cosmetics.. why? So I was holding 23 crates related to Halloween and now they won’t open, they are exactly like my Imperial crates... worthless but they keep it in my inventory ... why? I don’t need to be reminded you removed them or made them unusable. So those shards are gone, let alone what I previously lost to plex on my Imperial crates till they decided not to fix the crate and made it not opening as an intended feature ... haha funny! intended... my butt! The glitch couldn’t be fixed so you changed it because you couldn’t fix to being called an intended feature and tell us we got “all” of the items for the Imperial crate when my list claims there are some item not received... so a locked crate is an intended feature to be lock but when you have received all... well my “all” of the items should “all” be unlocked. They aren’t! smh!

They remove the feather ... and so any particles you own for that is worthless... and who didn’t like using the feather... I did... would liked to fly but had to get bat morph, etc that flew to get to do... disappointing!

This update to me Is just negative ... so many of us lost shards we used that we earned to get those crates, or gems for kits and then there is the marketplace... I purchased pets... own many Halloween pets and when I have recently taken them out they are just a Steve skin, not a skeleton or werewolf or even christmas ones ... they are all a Steve skin.. now that is scary. This is such a great disappointment and you wasted my money I spent on them... so buy something with my real dollars and you make them unusable means you ripped us off just to get our extra dollars... never again! This has been a financial (real money), as well as gems and shard rip off by Mineplex Bedrock to their player base... for what? a lag free lobby... too funny... but I am not amused, I am greatly disappointed.

I was expected a WOW lobby of one of our older lobby’s or our 1st lobby revamped to give it more space and add the lobby pvp... well that is what was discussed... well this doesn’t reflect that.
    The games are so messed up, I don’t know of one that isn’t a disappointment to everyone... let alone you let it be over run by hackers, and especially over-run by the afk/Floaters...so very sad and greatly disappointing... when installing the afk timer with all of the games would have solved that but wasn’t implemented with the hurried kick out of this sad update. ‘So what is there to enjoy... a lag free lobby I don’t like besides I never had much lobby lag... it had to be extreme lag for me to actually first see In Lobby... I mostly felt its effects in game.

‘So using “Great” and “Awesome” as names to describe this update is really a false claim used to describe this update. My opinion, as asked.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  9. @Mystic 0440
    Indeed, I agree with everything you said. Removing lobby lag did not require them to change the theme of the server. Overall, this update introduced nothing on importance and to me sounds like a huge failure.

For Skyblock, I lost all my wood due to crafting glitches so I cant play it. Cakewars default kits still do not work. Not having Sword in Skywars has made me lost so many matches, not to mention all the gems I wasted on Skywars kits, just gone. And they removed Death Tag, the other game I used to play.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 9, 2020
  10. I still don't get the removal of Survival Games lol.

Posted Jun 9, 2020
  11. The game was outdated and needed for a revamp. As the Lead Bedrock Developer said, "It does not mean that these games will not potentially return in the future, if there is a demand for it, we will certainly consider re-working certain games & bringing them back."

Posted Jun 9, 2020