• 1942 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10380 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My introduction (:

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MemeWarriorIsBae, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Hey, I'm not exactly a new player to Mineplex, but my forum presence hasn't been a major thing for me. I've had an on and off relationship with Mineplex for the past 5 years, and now, with the rise of popularity in Minecraft, I can enjoy moments of nostalgia with the server and the player base. I can now take time to play on Mineplex and communicate with people on the forums, and get to know the community a little bit better. I'm 18, a pretty cool guy, and I'm a first-year undergrad student. I also enlisted in the New Jersey National Guard for six years :), and my ship date is late January, and my expected return date is early July :O(From bootcamp and job training for my MOS). Before then, I hope to get to know some of you guys well, make some new friends before I go, and continue to hang with you guys once I get back.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Yato and dallarth like this.
  2. Welcome to the community :>

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    dallarth likes this.
  3. Welcome back! It's been on and off here for the past four years too lol, I'm glad to hear you're doing well in life. I'm not American so I don't know much about your national guard but I'm interested to learn more about what you're going to do there. Six months certainly sounds like a lot.

Until then, there are a lot of things you can do on Mineplex, so hope you enjoy your stay!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    dallarth likes this.
  4. Hey, each state has a national guard, sort of the states own protectors, who are typically deployed around the country to assist when disaster strikes, like a hurricane or flooding. It is however, both a state and federal agency, which means we can be called by both the US president and the NJ governor. You could think of the National Guard as a secondary reserve, as there is already an Army reserve. Additionally, there is typically not much commitment that comes with enlistment, as the typical service days are one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer. The six months, is a bit exaggerated, the actual time is 21 weeks and 5 days. The first 9 weeks and four days is basic training, where I will be prepared physically and mentally for what's to come. The remaining 12 weeks and one day is my MOS training(military occupational speciality), where I will learn to become a Land combat electronic missle systems repair person(that's a mouthful). I enlisted for a service contract of six years, after which time I can choose to continue my service or to exit the military and become a civilian(which I intend to do). If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! (:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Thenorn likes this.
  5. Hey MemeWarrior,
    Welcome back to the Mineplex forums. I guess I could say the same thing for myself, I've been on Mineplex and off it these past years also and I'm just coming back now and trying my best to become active again. Good luck on your National Guard 'experience' you could say.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  6. Welcome back to the community! :)

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  7. Hello and welcome back! That's really cool that you are the national guard and I wish you best of luck with your duties! Never really got into any for that kind of stuff so it's kinda cool to meet someone who has that sort of interest c: I hope to get to know you a little more in the future and once again, good luck with your training :)
    Cheers!
    ~BasicT

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  8. Welcome back and good luck in the New Jersey National Guard!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  9. Hey!

Welcome back to Mineplex, it is great to see many of the original players making a return to the server! I have also returned in the past month, and have been very active on the forums as well. You mentioned how you are pretty new to the forums, well no need to worry, the forums are full of so many amazing community members that will assist you if need be! The Mineplex forums are an amazing way to chat with friends, suggest ideas/modifications to game-modes, ask for help, make new friends, and so much more! I would recommend looking through all of the different sub-sections where the topics range from the Help Section to New Game Discussions.

I wish you the best of luck with being a New Jersey National Guard, I am sure you will really enjoy your time on the team, and hopefully, it's something you can look back on years later and be proud of. Well, if you would ever like to chat or have any questions, be sure to send me a PM and I'll get back to you! I really hope I do get to see you around on the forums, and maybe even in-game!

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  10. Welcome back to the community. I've played mineplex for around 3 years now. I also only recently made a forum account. I hope you feel welcome into the community. It is amazing that you are going into the National Guard. I hope I can get to know you. Feel free to friend me in-game. I don't play on the server much, but I am active on the forums. If you have some questions feel free to DM me.

Have a good evening,
    ~yato

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  11. Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome :). You guys are all great, if you want to keep in touch, message me here or if you see me online feel free to add me as a friend.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 28, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  12. Hey there!

Welcome back to the Mineplex Community! Also, welcome to the Mineplex Forums! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a magnificent experience! I, as many others have said or interpreted, hope you feel welcomed to the Server and the Forums.

I recently returned to Mineplex a few months ago, and I'm glad I did. I met a ton of new people, made some friends, completed many achievements in-game, drastically increased my in-game time, and joined the Staff Team! As I returned, I felt very welcomed, so I hope you do too!

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

:mineplex:

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  13. Hiya! Firstly welcome back to the Network and welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy as much time as possible on the network as it is very fun to meet new people and interesting facts about them! If you need anything feel free to privately message me and I'll be happy to help you out with your inquiries!

Posted Aug 29, 2019