• 334 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5059 Players Online
  • 4725 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My Ideas for blockhunt

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by HFFAR, Dec 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. In my opinion, as a hider main, the hunters always seem a light for options when it comes to kits and i propose 2 changes to make hunting more viable in the future. After the addition of hunter wins being counted it makes hunting more popular but other than the release of the Tazer there have been little buffs to hunters since.

Rework the tazer hunter so that its 'taze effect' is a 2.5 block aura displayed by a ring of yellow particles. Any hider that travels inside the aura then they receive slowness and blindness for 5 seconds. This means that it could more viable in combat situations as the tazer hunter cannot be attacked with melee without the hider receiving the blindness effect. The tazer aura should not deal damage as this would be OP for finding block hiders. Even if a hider comes into contact with the aura it does not get damaged and therefore does not reveal the hider. I feel that this change would make the tazer hunter a more viable kit to use in combat situations and give it a higher play rate.

Add a new hunter kit called 'Tank Hunter'
    Costs 5000 gems - armed with diamond armour and a wooden sword. Has the ability when the sword is right clicked 'Tankiness' become immune to knockback for 4 seconds (cooldown 10 seconds)
    To make sure that the Tank hunters survivability is more utilized the bow would take twice as long to fire, this would mean that hunters that choose this option are focusing on taking out hunters close range rather than sniping them from afar.

Another possible change would be to increase the rate that TNT spawns for the TNT hunter.

These ideas are all my own and no offence was intended to any people who may take some.
    if you have any ideas please reply to this post

Thanks!
    HFFAR

Posted Dec 23, 2021
  2. Also make sure the hiders are visible and chickens are nerfed.

Posted Dec 23, 2021
  3. Hi, these are really unique suggestions and there was a few things I wanted to say for both.

For the Taser Hunter, this seems really interesting. The kit is not used often (that I know of), and I can understand why. The other kits just simply do a better job than the Taser kit, and it makes it sort of outclassed. Adding something along these lines would make it more viable in my eyes, and well I don't know enough about competitive blockhunt to know how smart this change would be, it does seem super interesting to me!

As for the Tank Hunter, I love the concept but I'm not too sure how well it would work. I feel like making a balance work would be super hard, as I feel the no-KB would be decently broken at the moment and would need to be nerfed. The question is, how much? Because if you nerf the kit too much, it becomes inadequate, but if you don't nerf it enough it stays pretty overpowered. We could possible meet in the middle with a reduced KB type of ability for a few seconds, so that it isn't too overpowered. As for the armour that seems like a lot as well, you really wouldn't be able to take this kit down in Pvp, and some people may say that's a good thing since it's Blockhunt, but that would really change the gameplay style from what it currently is on Mineplex, and I'm not too sure how I feel about it. It would be really interesting to see how more people feel about this armour choice.

However, again, I really commend you for thinking outside the box with these ideas, they're very unique and some of the better suggestions I've read for new Blockhunt kits to make Hunter a bit more fun. Like I mentioned, just take what I say with a grain of salt as I don't play Blockhunt as much as I used to, and may be wrong when I mention the balancing and such.

Have a great day!

Posted Dec 24, 2021
    HFFAR likes this.