• 1221 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6578 Players Online
  • 5357 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

My First Digital Portrait

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Naiikon, May 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone!

As some of you read in my ‘Introduction time’ post, I’m a keen artist and I love to explore new skills/techniques. Now, I’m not really one to post my work, however, some of you suggested that I post my art on the forums. I’ve seen so many amazing artists in this community already and I think this is a great way to keep motivated when it comes to producing pieces.

This piece is the first portrait where I really took the time completing something to a standard I am proud of when it comes to drawing digitally. (I usually only draw/paint on paper so this type of work is something that really took me out of my comfort zone!)

Portrait - https://imgur.com/gallery/dNYpmBe

I hope this post inspires you to try something new or something you’ve been hesitant on, just like I was with this portrait. Remember, you can do anything you put your mind to!

For now, I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stay safe in these times :)

Posted May 16, 2020
  2. That's so good :D, keep it up

Posted May 16, 2020
    Naiikon likes this.
  3. Thank you! I’ll be sure to post more in the future when I have time to sit down and try another :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2020
    Zenve likes this.
  4. Heyo!

That looks great. I can't wait to see more of your work. :)

Posted May 16, 2020
    Zenve and Naiikon like this.
  5. Thank you! :D I’ll post more as soon as I can

OP OP
    Zenve likes this.
  6. As someone who does a lot of digital painting, this is amazing for your first digital portrait. I love the eyes and the different colors in the hair. I could go on for a while about it, but its great man! Its always good to step out of your comfort zone if were talking about art!

Posted May 16, 2020
    Zenve, dqzzling and Naiikon like this.
  7. Ah! Thank you so much - it’s great to get some feedback from someone who has experience in this kind of thing. I definitely have a way to go with practice but I’m motivated to keep improving :D

OP OP
    Zenve likes this.
  8. Nice Digital Drawing!

I don't really know how to do much digital painting but I am hoping to learn that in the future.

Posted May 16, 2020
    Zenve, emojigamez and Naiikon like this.
  9. Thank you :) I encourage you to give it a go! Although it was a little hard for me to get used using my software at first, I found it really fun. I hope you have fun on your digital journey too, good luck :D

OP OP
    Zenve likes this.
  10. Hey!
    Your portrait is absolutely beautiful!! I'm really not an artist, but I needed to pop on to let you know how amazing your work is. I can't believe this is your first go at digital portraits, it definitely doesn't show. How long did it take you to complete? I wish I was good at art, but every time I try I feel like I don't have the skills for it. You have a real talent here, I can't wait to see your future work!
    I hope you're doing well, and staying safe!

Posted May 16, 2020
    Zenve and Naiikon like this.
  11. Thank you so much for your kind words - they really encourage me! The portrait took around three or four afternoons/evenings (this included trying to get used to the software). I was very slow pace at first but I got into the swing of things eventually!

I’ve always believed that art can be an escape for anyone and personally think that as long as you’re having fun, it doesn’t matter the level of ‘skills’ you have. I definitely encourage you to keep trying if you’re interested in the subject (practice makes perfect after all)

I also hope you’re staying safe in these times and that you are doing well. Have a great weekend :D

OP OP
  12. It is legitimately scary how close that looks to me. Nice work!

(I have the Duchess tag, because I'm great at pressing wrong buttons at 3 am)

Posted May 16, 2020
    Naiikon likes this.
  13. Hey!
    Amazing art! Can't wait to see more, keep up the good work (:

Posted May 16, 2020
  14. Woah this is amazing! I'm definitely looking to try more realistic art in general, but my art style both traditionally and digitally are both very stylized haha. So glad you shared with us! ^-^

Posted May 16, 2020
    Naiikon likes this.
  15. Hola,

Firstly, I’d like to say the talent you have is amazing! I absolutely love this Digital Portrait and for your first time it turned out amazing. Keep up the great art!

~Jhazu

Posted May 16, 2020
    Viberent likes this.
  16. No way! That’s so creepy, lol! Thank you for taking the time to look at my work :D Have a great day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2020
  17. Thank you so much, I’ll try my best to give Elton guys new work soon!

OP OP
  18. I have a HUGE respect for digital artists, I actually do a lot of traditional art and digital art is a whole different level of hard.
    I am super impressed that this is your first digital piece of art, you have a lot of potential! I can't want to see more.

Posted May 17, 2020
    Naiikon likes this.
  19. I’d love to try more stylised work but I’ve never seem to find my style with it. I don’t think I have a good enough imagination something like that! I personally love how everyone’s art is different and I’ve seen so many unique (and very talented) artist on the forum that I was inspired to also share my work and involve myself in the community. I’m so glad you liked it :D Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

OP OP
    V3riity likes this.
  20. All my life I’ve painted traditionally and I’ve become so comfortable with it. Digital art was something I picked up as a way to challenge myself and I can totally agree with you - I now carry massive respect for those who create pieces digitally.

It makes me so happy to hear you think I have potential in this sort of thing and it encourages me to practice more in order to improve! Thank you so much :D

OP OP
    Emiliee likes this.