• 1722 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13813 Players Online
  • 12091 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

my chat will not show, was i muted?

Discussion in 'Help' started by MichaelIsme, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have tried to talk in chat to other people and my friends and turns out i see my text was sent in chat but no one sees it, what happened?

Posted Jan 13, 2021
  2. note this is on my main account MichaelWasNo, not wave6073 my old account

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2021
  3. Thread Moved to Help
    More than likely you are ghost muted. I recommend following the steps here to see if you can resolve the issue https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ghost-mute-guide-2-0-explanation-and-resolution.72445/

Another possibility is your chat might be set to private or friends only in your Microsoft settings. You’ll need to change that setting to public. Although based on the situation you described I’m pretty sure it’s a ghost mute so I’d try and use the thread above to find a solution first.

I’ll leave the thread open for now, let me know if you fix the issue!

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    rmotheram and Fusafez like this.
  4. Hey!

Adding on to what @510bike said, here's how you can resolve your privacy settings (if you aren't ghost muted):
    • Sign in to the account you use to play Minecraft at https://www.xbox.com/ by clicking the 'Sign In' button on the top right
    • Go to the 'Privacy' tab
    • Set "You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text" to "Allow" and
      "Others can communicate with voice, text or invites" to "Everyone"
    • If it still isn't fixed, try restarting your game so the changes can apply
    • If your account is controlled by a parent or guardian, they'll have to do this. If they intentionally turned off this setting, there is no way around it, sadly.
    Hope this helps!

Posted Jan 14, 2021 at 11:33 AM
    rmotheram, 510bike and Krxo like this.
  5. Heya. I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread since it's been open for a little while now. The above solutions should solve the issue you're having. However, if it still isn''t working, feel free to private message me and I can help you get it sorted out.

Since the OP's concern has been addressed, I will now lock this thread. Feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

Posted Jan 18, 2021 at 1:01 PM
    Fusafez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.