• 1076 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3655 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Muted?

Discussion in 'Help' started by imonkey47, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello I seem to have problems with talking in game. I type something in chat, and It doesn't show up for other players and everytime I try to rename a pet or make a house, it would say the name has bad words in it. I have talked to people in the discord server, and they said that I could be muted by mineplex, microsoft, or my parental controls. It is not my parental controls because I have no restrictions, and it is not microsoft because I can still communicate through messages and parties in xbox. So I belive that my mineplex account is muted? And if it is how can I fix it?

xbox gamertag: imonkey47
    minecraft username: imonkey47
    Platform: Bedrock

Posted Dec 7, 2018
  2. The title answers your concern. When you type in chat, you get an answer like "shhhh you're muted because (reason) for (time span)" and it takes away your privileges of naming pets too. I'm not sure how it says the name has bad words in it however, a screenshot provided here would be better. To answer your question, yes you're muted on Mineplex in-game. That means you broke a chat offence rule, review them here if you need to remind yourself. If you believe that punishment was incorrect or you'd like forgiveness, appeal here. If it's 30>, you have to wait it out unfortunately.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Dec 7, 2018
  3. Hey imonkey,

What you're referring to is actually something known as a ghost mute, or a Microsoft mute. This doesn't have anything to do on our end, this is a Microsoft issue where if you type in chat then no one will be able to see your messages. Also, the renaming and housing naming you refer to are a part of the ghost mute as well.

I'll list the methods below that you can use in order to try to get the ghost mute removed but it's sadly not very likely to happen.
    (Credit to @Luigiiz for the original document of these methods)

Method 1:
    Step 1:
    Through the Minecraft application, sign out of your Xbox Live account.
    Step 2: After doing that, sign back into your Xbox Live account through the application.

Method 2:
    Step 1:
    Head over to your Xbox Live account settings page, which can be accessed with the following link: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/settings
    (Note: you must be signed in through your family’s parent account to access this page)
    Step 2: Select the profile image / gamertag of the glitched account.
    Step 3: Make sure that all of the appropriate chat settings are marked as Everyone or Allow.
    Step 4: Then, regardless of if you changed any of the settings or not, hit Submit at the bottom of the Privacy and Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety categories.
    Step 5: Wait approximately one hour.
    (Note: The waiting time seems to fluctuate between players. One hour appears to be a first safe bet)
    Step 6: Sign out of your Xbox Live account through the Minecraft application.
    Step 7: Sign back into your Xbox Live account through the Minecraft application.

If you’re still having issues after reading through this, the next reasonable step to take is to contact Xbox Live through their support ticket system over at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us. They may be able to help you there.

Posted Dec 8, 2018
    bedrockbestrock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.