• 3184 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9076 Players Online
  • 5892 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Murder Mystery

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by QuickCombo, Dec 21, 2019.

?

Should it be implemented ?

1. yes

70.0%
  2. no

30.0%
  1. Personally i always liked that mini game on many games other then minecraft and i think that it will be a very good suit for Mineplex aswell
    In MM all of you will be anonymous to each other once the game starts but you will get a little message pop up of who you are, either a citizen, a detective or a murderer, the detective must track down and shoot the murderer, but if the murderer gets the detective someone from the citizens must take the gun and kill the murderer before he kills everyone.
    I think thats a great minigame and it should be implemented into Mineplex !

Posted Dec 21, 2019
  2. Heyo!
    this has been suggested before and I'll have to disagree with this idea. Mineplex doesn't need this game and it would be a waste of resources because why wouldn't players just play this on another server? Also it wouldn't be that unique because we'd technically be copying other servers and murder mystery isn't that unique anymore since its on other servers.
    Overall murder mystery isn't that unique so I'll be giving this idea a -1.

Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 21, 2019
  3. Hello!

Just like stated above me, this game has been requested many times to actually be implemented onto Mineplex. However, due to it being on other servers. If Mineplex where to make this on the server. Mineplex would be accused of copying a game from a different server.

However, this does not mean a game like this could not be implemented. But your idea was almost exact to a game on another server. This defeats the purpose of Mineplex creating unique and different games that are different from other servers, and bring players to the server itself. Unless, you create an idea that could be like a Murder Mystery game, that is completely different from other servers versions. Then this game idea, would most likely, never get approved. To make this game different from other versions. it would have to be modified greatly, and you would also have to create new and different concepts that make this game extremely unique. This could be changing up the game style of the game or even the roles along with a lot of other mechanics to the game. Also stated above me, Poky stated that it would be useless to transfer the same game on another server to this one. I agree that there would be no point seeing that players would just go to the other server to play the game. Saying this, the game needs to be even more unique from the Murder Mystery on other servers. Once again, there needs to be things that make this game very different. That would bring players here to Mineplex. Instead of the players just simply playing a game on another server that is the exact same from Mineplex.

Saying all this, this idea could be improved greatly, and needs a lot more thinking to make this idea extremely different than other servers versions. Overall, I will be giving this idea a -1 as of right now.

Posted Dec 21, 2019
    WowCaleb likes this.
  4. I don't like the idea of just straight up copying a whole concept and implementing it as is. I know the big server didn't create the idea, of course, but it's still been done to death. If you could integrate it with a unique concept or maybe change things up a little without altering the core idea, then sure I'd be for it.

Posted Dec 21, 2019
  5. Hello there!
    I made a similar thread to this a while back. I have to agree to Murder Mystery being added to Mineplex, but as a few people have already stated, it would be copying other servers. Mineplex can create a Murder Mystery without copying other servers. They can simply create another version of Murder Mystery that is unique and differs from that of other servers. So, I have a few suggestions for you! Mineplex could make the innocents able to fight back against the murderer, and not be completely defenseless. The detective could have to retrieve their bow from somewhere, and only the murderer knows the location. The murder can leave the bow unguarded or they can guard it, but if they guard it for more than twenty seconds the bow will be revealed to the detective for fifteen seconds. There will be a cool down once the murderer leaves the bow unguarded, they cannot guard it again for a minute. Guarding it is if the murderer is standing within a five block radius. If an innocent finds the bow unguarded they cannot pick it up or reveal it to the detective. The innocents will have a stick that they can hit the murderer with to slow them down, the stick will be on cool down for twenty seconds. The murderer cannot hit the player for fifteen seconds. Once the detective dies, the bow will be revealed to all players, as well as the murderer, however the murderer is unable to obtain the bow. The game will last for five minutes. There will be fifteen innocents, one detective, and one murderer. The game ends when all innocents die, the murderer dies, or time runs out. Halfway in between each minute, the innocents will be revealed for fifteen seconds. If you have anything to add, let me know, and leave a like if you enjoyed this.
    Overall, I can see Murder Mystery being added to Mineplex as it will bring lots of people to Mineplex and encourage people to stay. I think if you change the game a little as I have suggested, then it will not be copying other servers. I hope this changed your opinion on Murder Mystery being added to Mineplex and I hope to see this implemented one day! <3

Posted Dec 23, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 24, 2019
    FoxCatcher likes this.
  6. I might make a full blown idea on this sometime, but I had a thought about turning Murder Mystery into a new game that is a mix between Sneaky Assassins, Murder Mystery, Block Hunt, and Cops & Robbers, but acts more like a detective game. It'd look something like this. Two teams. Detectives and Criminals. Criminals go around robbing banks and what not around a small town. Everyone is disguised as villagers with unique randomly generated names as well as a bunch of AI controlled villagers. It'd be up to detectives to go to crime scenes and use clues that criminals leave behind to figure out the identity of the perpetrators and try to bust them. Both teams would have their own unique playstyle with tools to either help them look for clues or break into a jewelry store. Detectives would have to go to back and forth to the local Police Dept. in order to turn in any clues they find and analyse them so they can acquire more evidence and get identities which would leave lots of time for Criminals to commit as many crimes as they can without/before being busted.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  7. I really like this idea
    +1

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  8. Heyo!
    Many people above me have stated valid points in order to disagree with this idea. I'll be disagreeing with this idea, since this game can be played on a vary of different servers (as @pokyvessel52506 stated). I've seen many similar threads before, on this topic, and I'll keep giving the same reasons. Mineplex has been unique, in many ways, and I think this'd just spoil the uniqueness. One of my main reasons in disagreeing with this is simply because you can play this on a list of different servers. Maybe add some unique thoughts to it, like @ClassN suggested. If you start working and elaborating on the idea a bit more, I think we could get somewehere.
    Overall, a -1
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 30, 2020
    nadav1112 likes this.
  9. Hello there!

My personal opinion about this idea is actually a pretty good idea. I have always liked the way this game is made, and I would definitely make it into a permanent game on the mineplex network. I think this should be added to the server because we have not seen a permanent game since the release of Nano games. I really like this idea, and I think this should be added! Great idea for the server!

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  10. Hey!

I'm going to have to disagree with this idea if you're unable to put forward any suggestions of how to make this game more unique. There are smaller servers that feature this as a central aspect and they can get away with this due to the size of their playerbase. Unfortunately Mineplex is one of the most well-known networks in Minecraft and they would not be able to replicate such a popular gamemode without receiving a lot of backlash from the community. Developers are aware of this and for this reason would not integrate such a game.

I'd be all for it given that you're willing to provide some ways of how to make this idea more original, to the extent that it is associated with Mineplex alone and cannot be attributed to copying any other servers. This would be a first, as this same concept has been suggested time and time again to no avail as no one has offered anything that differs from the standard game that can be played almost anywhere. In everyone's best interest I would tell you to take your time and brainstorm some further ideas before proposing it again.

Best of luck with getting this idea implemented, and remember to always keep originality in mind!

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  11. why not maybe this game will turn out good, you will never know until you try.

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  12. While it's a nice idea for the game and it is a good game that I actually enjoy playing elsewhere from time-to-time - we need a much more impressive and diverse game type.

The server would be heavily criticized for almost directly copying games from multiple other servers and this really brings unwanted publicity when the game can be played the same elsewhere. I would advise that you make an idea for this elsewhere with a new concept in order for it to be passed as a possible game for Mineplex! Maybe a NANO game? I'm not sure...

Posted Jan 30, 2020
  13. I think the game should be implemented, but it should have its own unique aspect so it is not a complete replica of the game variants on other servers. It would need a diverse twist and concept that would make players play it over a version of Murder Mystery on another server. Moreover, changing up a few things and/ or the overall objective of the game would most likely prevent Mineplex from being accused of copying other servers.

I would like to see more games added, especially to Bedrock. I feel that if this was modified a little bit, it would be an impeccable game that would draw in more players to both the Bedrock and Java platforms.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    xGetRektedx and LT Tombstone 77 like this.