• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11312 Players Online
  • 8422 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Murder mystery

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Locatedjewel4, Aug 5, 2020.

1. You should add this game too the hive and a couple other servers have these and they are really fun

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  2. Hello <o/

When suggesting a new gamemode:

With that being said, there has been another thread that also proposed Murder Mystery and went a bit more in-depth with the gameplay logistics.

One murderer 11-15 innocents (12-16 max people [not 24 like most other MM where there are more than 1 murderer])
    One of the innocents is a Cop/Officer/Sheriff etc.
    Murderer's goal:Eliminate all the innocents
    Cop etc.'s goal:Eliminate the murderer
    Regular bystander's goal:stay alive and obtain a weapon.

Mechanics:
    Every player is equipped w/ a secret ID.
    These secret ID.s are names and skins of Eternal players (giving another Perk to the rank) (Names of the ID'd players is given at the end of the game)
    There are books laying on the ground and once you obtain 6 of these books you are able to do some role specific abilities (get into that later)

Roles:

Murderer:
    One throw-able knife (also able to melee w/ it) (All knifes given or bought will come back after 15 seconds if not picked back up)
    Book allow to be able to buy another knife

Cop; one level 2 gun one shot at a time and reload is 3 seconds
    Books allow the gun's reload time to be diminished by 1/5 every time 6 books are obtained

Bystander:
    Standard kit has nothing
    Books allow them to get a level 1 gun (recoil is 5 seconds) (which can be upgraded like a cop's gun) or a cop tracker for 4-5 books instead of the 6 required for other items.

Kits:

Murderer kits are standard and ID switcher (allows Mur. to switch ID's w/ any dead player). Note: All nametags of ID'd players will be shown whether dead or alive.

Bystander:Standard Description is the only option

Cop: Standard and Detective (which allows you to check for recent footprints [I was thinking footprints from last 30 seconds in an area]) (works like footprint particles [ability works for 15 seconds] {recharge is every 45 seconds})

Note: All standard kits apply to the normal Role descriptions
    Note: game take 5-6 minutes
    Note: ID Switcher (murderer kit) is the achievement kit
    Note: Detective costs 4000-6000 gems
    Note:All three roles may have a kit selected at all times while Role selection may be random. (possibly based on how many times you've played as each role) I was thinking 10% chance as murderer or cop while 80% chance as bystander.

While I see where you are coming from, as this gamemode seems to be popular on other Minecraft servers, I don't believe it's best for Mineplex to copy a gamemode almost outright. Perhaps it would be better to come up with a brand-new gamemode to attract more attention, and to ensure Mineplex does not receive any sort of backlash. Overall, I give this idea a -1.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  3. To be honest, I wouldn’t really implement this idea. Just because another server has this game-mode and is doing pretty decent doesn’t mean Mineplex should follow. Murder Mystery can only be played on The Hive (As of featured servers.) If Mineplex were to have a Murder Mystery game-mode, it would be like playing on a worse version of Hive. Not saying worse as in a bad quality game, but you get my point. I will use Hypixel bed-wars as an example. There are many servers that have almost the same type of bed-wars as Hypixel. Obviously, you would want to play the best version or more known version, which is Hypixel. This ties in with this. Players would want to play the better or more known version of Murder Mystery, which is on Hive.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    CookieBilly likes this.
  4. Hey there!

Personally I would think this is an awesome idea! No matter what other people say, I always believe whatever Mineplex implements, they always add their own into the game, even if the idea might have been inspired from elsewhere. I'm sure Mineplex would come up with really creative ways to implement the game and add their own originality into it. Of course, when suggesting a game though, I'd try to be as detailed as possible. Like Bobtroopo said, when suggesting a new game, I'd be prepared with a detailed explanation, kit selection, suggestions for possible achievements, and even a map of your own you had in mind for the game. I love where you're coming from with this idea though and I definitely feel like it'd be awesome to look into. In conclusion, I give this idea a +1! Awesome idea!

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    Idut and okRen like this.
  5. Hey!

This information above by @Bobtroopo is mostly correct and should be considered when suggested new game ideas in the future. Mineplex is constantly looking at which updates and games to prioritize/allocate time to and having a solid foundation in what they want to do and how to do it is crucial.

Now as for Murder Mystery as a game, I would not be completely opposed to the addition, however, like others mentioned, some might be more comfortable continuing to play it on another server and as a server we should strive to innovate. Now off of the topic of innovation, Mineplex has successfully innovated other games in the past by adding a unique, recognizable twist, which I feel like the idea is possible on Mineplex. Additions such as kits and custom Mineplex mechanics are implementable into many games and could be used to have interesting innovations throughout the server. Again, this is not exactly but to me or any other one staff member, but, I believe it is important for leadership to consider a wide variety of games to introduce even if they are not original. Originality is not always the key to a successful game (as seen in removed games in the past, such as Heroes of GWEN and Gem Hunters).

Overall, thanks for the idea, but it has been brought up in the past and needs more specific detail to continue the argument as to why it should be implemented over other games.

Posted Aug 9, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  6. Yeah, murder mystery is fun and all, but Mineplex has a lot of other similar games. For instance, look at Block Hunt. Its a fairly similar concept that has a small player-base. Therefore, you introduce a game that requires hunting/hiding and Block Hunt's player-base will be split. I'm not saying thats such a bad thing. In fact, maybe its time for Block Hunt to go! Let me know what you think!

-Purpleblock:mineplex:
    -Follow my page for updates & I will follow u back! <3

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  7. Heyyo~

I really would love for Murder Mystery to be implemented into Mineplex; it's the one game I enjoy playing on every server. Personally, I don't think the game needs some sort of originality, as said above by Parkzr, other games involving 'originality' didn't work out on the past. The game is usually pretty popular on every server it is implemented well on.

I would also like to bring up the fact there are two separate Mineplex platforms with there own games and player base. If others are conflicted about whether it should be implemented or not, there is a fully functioning Mineplex server with a strong enough player base to support a new game; which could even help the java platform see if the implementation would go well. If anything, I think the platforms should be looked at completely separate from java since they're pretty different as of recent.

Anyway, thank you for the idea!

Posted Aug 9, 2020