• 2088 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10526 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Murder in Mineplex

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by DayOfTheDead, Apr 14, 2019.

?

Do you like this game Idea?

1. Yes, I think it's great.

2. It's good, but needs improvements.

3. It's ok, needs a lot of improvements.

4. Bad, shouldn't be added.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey!
    I'm here to suggest a possible game idea for Mineplex that I'd like you all to give feedback on and critique so it can become better, or maybe it isn't good enough to be added, I suppose you'll decide.
    I'm sure Murder Mystery has been suggested before and this idea is similar, but not the same, as such a game and has its own alterations. Murder Mystery is a popular game on most servers, and I think this variation of it would be an interesting addition. Let's get into it...
    Main Idea
    There are 4 teams inside of the game: Murderers, Civilians, Detectives, Undercover
    Civilians, Undercovers and Murderers wear green leather armour, whilst Detectives wear blue. Murderers will see other murderers names in red, everyone can see the detectives' names in blue. Once the game starts, everyone will be assigned one of the roles. 1/8 of all players will be a murderer, 1/8 detective, 1/8 undercover and the rest civilian. The murderers' goal is to kill everyone else, whilst the detectives and undercover will be working to discover who the murderers are and kill them. The undercovers are detectives disguised as civilians who have the same job, but no one knows who they are. If anyone that isn't a murderer kills someone that is not a murderer, they will die too. Deaths are not announced. It will simply say 'Someone has died'. Team chat is disabled in this mode. Now that I've got the Main Idea covered, let's get into the details of each role...
    Each Team in Detail

Each civilian has a basic job - survive, and help the detectives figure out who the murderer(s) are. Civilians have 3 kits, Tracker, Seer and Mini-Detective.

Tracker - Default. Has a compass to the nearest detective(not undercover) so they can seek protection.
    Seer - 2000 Gems. Hears and sees a small heartbeat when near a murderer. Heartbeat is faster the closer the murderer is.
    Mini-Detective - 4000 Gems. Gets a one-shot bow like a detective, but only receives one arrow.

Their job is to find out who the murderer(s) is/are, and kill them.
    Detectives and Undercovers have the same kits:

Standard Detective - Default. Has a bow and gets arrows every 10 seconds, the maximum is 5.
    Social Detective - 2000 Gems. Sane as standard detective, but gets an arrow every 20 seconds. When they left click their bow on a dead body, they can find out the name and team of that person. It will appear in chat to everyone, e.g "The body of DayOfTheDead was found. He was a Civilian."

Undercovers are in more danger, yet they have an important role. A murderer would not kill around a detective(who has a blue name and blue armour) but may do so around an undercover. Undercovers have the option of running the command '/reveal' which will send a message in chat that they are actually undercover and make them a detective. This is used in case they are in suspicion of being the murderer.
    When an undercover or detective dies, their bow is dropped onto the ground and a civilian can pick it up. When they pick it up, they will get a single arrow and another one every 30 seconds, the maximum still being 5.

A murderer needs to kill everyone else, not be suspected, and survive. Their kits are as follows:

Standard Murderer - Default. Gets an iron sword that is an instant kill. Once in the entire game, they can right-click it, and when they release the right click it gets thrown in the direction they are looking
    Murdering Detective - 2000 Gems. Instead of having a sword, they have a one-shot kill bow of which they get an arrow every 10 seconds, the maximum being 5.
    Shadow Killer - 4000 Gems. Every 30 seconds they can drop their weapon and do something similar to Smoke Bomb in champions, giving everyone in 5 blocks radius blindness and giving the person 10 seconds of invisibility.
    Disguiser - Achievement Kit/6000 Gems. Every minute they can left click on a person or do /disguise <playername> to change their skin to look like that person for 10 seconds and the skin of the target person will change to the skin of the user for the same duration.

The game would be about 5 minutes long and would have a minimum of 16 and a maximum of 24 players. If the Murderers succeed in killing everyone else, they will win the game. The podium will display the murderer with the most kills. If all the murderers are killed, the civilians, detectives and undercovers have won the game and the podium will display whoever killed the last murderer.

I conclude this idea. I hope you all like it, and if you don't, please tell me why in the replies and how it could be improved! I'd love some feedback and constructive criticism.
    Thanks for reading.

Posted Apr 14, 2019
  2. +1
    I actually requested this before You on Feature upvote but @Jango_55 requested before me (I did not realize that till a week after).
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, the way you made the poll is extremely similar to mine, too similar it's a practical ripoff (that's okay), so out of curiosity, was the poll choices made after my kit suggestions?

Posted Apr 14, 2019
  3. When you say this, do you mean Murder Mystery or an idea that was practically identical to mine?
    As for your second point, on the old forums I made polls like this so not really, however, your posts reminded me of this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 14, 2019
  4. Hey, I also suggested an idea like this: -> Here <- (except I made it carrot themed lol)

Murder Mystery is a game type I think Mineplex would love, and it has been suggested for a while... I hope they add it soon!

+1 Because I love all games Murder Mystery, and I think it would bring a lot to this community, and would be an amazing addition <33! I also love how much work you put into this, a lot of detail. I hope an idea like this gets implemented soon uwu!

Just to edit my post: Murder Mystery is a game I am very passionate about, and it is the only reason I occasionally play on other servers besides Mineplex. This game is popular on any server that uses it, and I would be more than thrilled to see it on Mineplex <3

Posted Apr 14, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 21, 2019
    pzazz, Ocelotguyy, Jadguar and 2 others like this.
  5. Also, the way you made the poll is extremely similar to mine, too similar it's a practical ripoff (that's okay), so out of curiosity, was the poll choices made after my kit suggestions?
    I made one identical to yours.

Posted Apr 14, 2019
  6. This is a unique idea that is different from other Murder Mystery ideas I've seen from the past! I just wanted to point that out.

I love the idea of having Detectives, Undercovers, Murders, and Civilians all at the same time. I don't think each should have the same kit, though. Having one basic kit for each team would be fine. I also suggest that nametags shouldn't be revealed, so players couldn't reveal any Murderers or Undercovers.

Detectives shouldn't be able to kill civilians, as they could troll. How about everyone has a Steve skin?

I like this, so I'll be giving it a +1

Posted Apr 15, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  7. For that, I think the detective should die, but not the civilian, cause sometimes, that's done on purpose.

Posted Apr 15, 2019
  8. Ya, that's a great idea. I think that should be the case. If the detective shoots an innocent, then they both die? That would be cool.

Posted Apr 15, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  9. I said if a detective shoots an innocent, only the detective dies. Kinda reminds me of counter attacking.

Posted Apr 15, 2019
  10. Right, but it doesn't make sense to make the player invulnerable. That could show that they aren't the murderer and would kinda make the game a way we wouldn't want it to be.

Posted Apr 15, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  11. Hey!

Just want to start off with saying this is a great idea and is getting a +1 from me, but I have a couple of suggestions and questions. I think there shouldn't be any undercover civilians. I think the game would just work better and it would be a bit less complicated if there was no undercover civilian. Other from that, everything is pretty good and this would work great on Mineplex. I've been wanting a murder mystery game on Mineplex for 4 years, so hopefully one comes soon!

Posted Apr 16, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  12. Heyy,
    I love the idea of Murder Mystery in Mineplex, and I think the community would too. This is a popular game mode on other servers and think it would make a great edition to Mineplex. Hopefully we'll get Murder Mystery soon ;p

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  13. Sounds good, I think that it would be fun to play on mineplex, and easy to implement.

It's probably a lot of players who wish a game like this, so we gotta convince the devs.

Posted Apr 16, 2019
  14. As @cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf already said, I made a post on this in feature upvote https://mineplex.featureupvote.com/suggestions/33185/murder-mystery. As for the specifics, I love the kit idea, it's basically what MP is all about. So let's go over them, shall we, first, let's understand that you said that there would be four roles Civilians,Undercover cop,Murderers,and Detectives as @Animalll stated, I do not believe there should be Undercover cops. Next, you gave kit ideas for certain roles Civilians/Bystanders: I really like the tracker Idea, especially since it can be hard to find help sometimes. As for mini-detective, I believe there shouldn't be bows, but rather guns w/ really bad recoil, similar to a revolver, so if you miss it takes a while to reload/recover from the recoil and the mini detective would be given a bullet every minute (max of 3) not 1 shot kill like the Detective's gun. I don't like the Seer Idea though, because I can see it being used to find the Mur. too easily, especially in uncrowded areas. For detective, I do not believe there should be more than one type of detective, Standard Detective is just fine w/ a one shot kill gun except, instead of having dyed leather armor, if your the detective you can't put away your gun. Lastly we have Murderer or as I say, Mur. In which there would be 2 kits, Standard and Disguiser. Standard works as you said and Disguiser (achievement kit as you suggested) builds onto that, by instead of looking like that player for 10 sec., you can only change into skins and names of players that you have killed via their dead body and! and! and! ALL players have the Name and Skin of a Legend+ player adding a set of intrigue as to who you'll play as unless you're like me who'd have a possibility of playing myself. (This would also give players another reason to be ranked, am I right wink, wink)
    --- Post updated ---
    The murderer (disguiser kit) stays as the dead player of choice until switched when clicking on another dead body. Plus when hitting Tab or whatever you use to display Names+skins, no players are removed due to that possibly back-firing on the disguiser kit.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  15. Posted Apr 18, 2019
  16. Plus, the game would be 8-16 players.

Posted Apr 18, 2019
  17. As I've said before, all Murder Mystery games are based off of the Garry's Mod mode Murder. This does not mean that we would be copying another server by adding this mode, since it all stemmed from the same place.

To the OP: I love the undercover idea, it adds a great twist to the genre, and I think this would be a great game to add. I also really liked @Idut's carrot themed version, so maybe you guys could work together to make one epic murder mystery idea!

+1

One thing I think should be changed is that the 'Seer' heartbeat is too OP, and maybe should only activate if a player has been recently killed nearby or if the Murderer is close by and has their Knife out.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  18. I’ve seen this suggested loads, and to be honest, I completely agree with the idea of adding it! I love murder mystery and I would really love to see this added.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  19. Hey there!

As someone whose played a similar version of this game on another network and greatly enjoyed it, I'd really love to see Mineplex release their own take on the gamemode. I'd love to see something between this and @Idut's version of a similarly proposed gamemode.

Keep up the posts!

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  20. Should there be. powerups, like speed/invisibility

Posted Apr 19, 2019