• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Multitude of bugs and video for each

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Godlyvex5, Dec 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bug 1: Phantom waterlogging.
    https://twitter.com/Godlyvex5/status/1068956744074711040?s=20
    Above is a video of the glitch happening.
    If you attempt to waterlog any block in survival, it will be phantom waterlogged. This means that the water is purely clientside, and only you can see and interact with it. If you waterlog the lower half of a door, then break the upper half, the phantom water will hover. By creating a tower of phantom water using this method, you will appear to fly to other players, as they will not see the water, they will only see you hovering. If you swim to the top of the tower, then go back down, you'll sometimes take huge amounts of fall damage.
    Phantom waterlogging part 2: It's phantom, it doesn't actually exist.
    https://twitter.com/Godlyvex5/status/1068957040498765824?s=20
    As seen in the above picture, if you leave and rejoin the server (or unload and reload the chunks containing it) then all previously placed phantom water will disappear.
    Phantom waterlogging part 3: Phantom water buckets
    https://twitter.com/Godlyvex5/status/1068957386222653441?s=20
    If you EVER phantom waterlog, then your bucket will appear empty afterwards. But, it's not actually empty. Either interacting with the phantom bucket in your inventory, or trying to stack 2 phantom buckets will reveal their true state, as shown in this video, and the very first video. Ironically, phantom buckets are less glitchy than normal buckets. I'll show what I mean in part 5.
    Phantom waterlogging part 4: Disappearing water
    https://twitter.com/Godlyvex5/status/1068958068447174656?s=20
    Okay, I honestly have no idea what's happening here. The area is not claimed, but for some reason the water is just vanishing for absolutely no reason. Also, it is demonstrated that placing water on snow also causes phantom waterlogging.
    Phantom waterlogging part 5: Glitchy buckets.
    https://twitter.com/Godlyvex5/status/1068965057818636288?s=20
    This glitch is universal to everybody in the server... At least, I think it is. Basically, if you just press the right trigger to pick up water, than instantly you'll place the water back down regardless of if you want to or not. If you press right trigger to place the water, then you'll pick it back up, regardless of if you want to or not. To get around this, you hold down the right trigger for long enough to use the bucket three times. It's very precise. For some reason though, if you have a phantom bucket, it will not behave this way, it will actually just act like a bucket normally would. This glitch is very, very annoying and makes using water obtuse and tedious.
    Bug 2: Cursed hotbar slots.
    https://twitter.com/Godlyvex5/status/1068961395784396800?s=20
    I don't know exactly how this glitch works, but here's my theory. It only happens when using enchanting tables and anvils. If you enter an enchanting table or anvil, then the first empty hotbar slot will enter a state that I call 'cursed'. If you try to place an item in that slot by picking it up and putting it in that slot, then it will refuse to go in that slot. If you try to quick move an item to the cursed slot, then that item just... disappears. Since items, by default, automatically move to your first empty hotbar slot, this is unfortunately a very common glitch. If you EVER want to avoid this glitch happening, make sure that your hotbar is 100% full before entering an anvil or enchanting table. To be extra safe, never use the quick move while using anvils or enchanting tables.

If you master getting around all of these glitches, you can actually have a somewhat normal experience playing survival on mineplex. Hopefully most of these get fixed so that I don't have to worry about my items being sucked into the void if I'm not careful.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, there's a glitch where you can place blocks inside of other players, and inside of yourself. I have no clue why that's still a bug. I've died many times now because I place a block inside of myself and get warped off of a cliff.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  2. _spacexplorer_

_spacexplorer_

Nice!
    But to report these bugs head on to mineplex.com/bugs. After filing out the application the Mineplex team should fix the bug.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  3. Hey,
    Thank you for taking the time to collect evidence of these bugs but as stated above, here is not the right place to report bugs. You may report any bugs at mineplex.com/bugs so that these bugs may be fixed in the future. Make sure to have your evidence linked in your report and to try to be as descriptive as possible while writing your report to help clearly identify how the bug occurred; a member of QA should have it reviewed shortly after that. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me. Have a great day!

Posted Dec 1, 2018
    xxSkillzmasterz likes this.
  4. Dude, I can't even place down water on survival mode. To make a nether portal (which didn't work because there's no nether), I had to run water from a small lake on the surface into a cave with lava. I also can't make a decent farm because of this.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  5. As stated in the post at part four of phantom waterlogging, there seems to be a glitch where the majority of the world just doesn't have functional water. Also stated in the post is that I have no idea why it even works like this. In some areas of server 16, water works glitchily but is at least somewhat functional, and in other parts only phantom water works.
    HOWEVER, I think I've found a way to make water function in all areas of the world. To do this, I THINK you have to place a slab, then waterlog it, then place a second water bucket onto the slab while it's waterlogged. Try playing around with this and see if it lets you place water.
    --- Post updated ---
    I did more experimenting and found that the only way to have semi-functional water is if you use it in a claimed area. You cannot place water in areas claimed by other people, and you cannot place water in unclaimed areas. Only areas that you have claimed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2018
  6. --- Post updated ---

*cough* *cough* it still won't work boi

Posted Dec 6, 2018
  7. You may have to get stupid-specific with it... I’m playing on an iPhone, and I got to work. I actually stood in the hole where I wanted to pour the water, and made another claim. Stepped out of the hole, and — miracle of miracles — the bucket poured the water and it STAYED THERE.

Good luck, soldier!

Posted Dec 6, 2018