• 1022 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5087 Players Online
  • 4065 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Multiple Colored Levels NOT Just For Level 100's (100's get something cooler)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Danese, Jul 10, 2019.

1. So I was thinking.... Why do only level 100s get access to a ton of different colors, while everyone else only has, at most, 5?
    Why not let regular players be able to change their tag color to a color that is not "standard" (IE grey, pale blue, green, gold and pale red)?
    So, here's what I was thinking:
    Levels 0-19 only get grey.
    20-39 get 2 shades of blue (the original blue and light blue)
    40-59 get lime and dark green
    60-79 get gold and yellow
    80-99 get both shades of red (the pale red and the bold red)
    100s get all of these colors.
    BUT WAIT!!! THERE'S MORE!!!!!!!!
    To make the level 100's still be unique and easily noticeable, here's what I propose:
    I have a list of cool color codes for level 100's that I am confident will, in fact, more than make up for other levels having more colors:
    [​IMG]
    The random text.. thingies really make them stand out. Plus, the fact that those text things are really thin help keep the chat organized. (the orange and blue ones are bold, so they look unique)
    My favorite of those colors is the red, white and blue one.

-Dan

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    luciel, Jaekub, SpikeCreates and 4 others like this.
  2. I'm fine with the current level color system, and I feel this may make the chat look pretty messy. However, I am pretty intrigued by the idea of the random text surrounding the number 100 to make it really stand out. This wouldn't be so bad since level 100s are pretty rare. This additional feature would cause some more players to push the grind to level 100. I think having an exclusive menu for level 100s within the level colors GUI would work out pretty well. In short, I believe the colors should remain the way it is; however, adding this extra feature for level 100s would be a nice addition.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese, ATruePitato and PieOrPi like this.
  3. Howdy!
    I actually REALLY appreciate this idea. I'm only level 50, but having to choose between 3 colors, all of which I am not a fan of, is a bit boring. I believe bringing multiple shades per color or different colors all together would add a much more pleasant experience for players.

With your idea, level 100s also receive a better incentive for reaching this amazing goal. Having short animations before and after the level really makes it "pop"! I would love to see even a rainbow color with these animations and the numbers to create an even more colorful and varietal style for users to choose from.

All in all, very good ideas and I would love this to be added to the game! :)

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese, AceSJus and Acerna like this.
  4. Heyo,
    I personally believe this is a very intriguing idea and I would adore to see this idea implemented into our leveling system. Essentially, this may play an imperative role in inspiring players to reach the level 100 and I'm sure I'll be extremely happy if I reached level 100 to have this awesome feature to make my level have a cool showcase to it. Also, just as @AceSJus stated, level 100 is fairly rare to achieve so this wouldn't be that bad to add.

I think it'll be really cool if we added temporary level 100 colors / emotes next to it for special days and or holidays. For example, on the fourth of July there can be fireworks near level 100 and they can can blow up to be a nice firework show. Another example will be on Christmas snowflakes can fall near level 100. I was also brainstorming that there can be cool emoticons next to level 100 for those who have PPC, like GWEN the guardian shooting his lazer. I genuinely believe that this will be extremely cool to add on for players with level 100.

Overall, great idea, and I'd love to see this implemented. Nonetheless, best of luck with your idea! +1 from me.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  5. Love this Idea!

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese likes this.

6. I agree with Ace 100% on this. I feel that having the colors stay the same in lower levels will aswell make them grind for a higher level and make them play a lot more. I feel like ace said, "I believe the colors should remain the way it is." I also love the idea of the randomized text with level 100s. I do not feel they should have access to typing in their own color code though because there is no putting a limit to it. If mineplex does this it should be a set thing where you can pick to have the random letters or not and pick what color you want the main tag to be and what color the randomize should be. +0.5 (+1 for just the radomizer)

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese and AceSJus like this.
  7. Before I would support this idea, but thinking a lot, it would be very confusing and ugly aesthetically and it is no longer something professional my opinion

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  8. hiyaa!

At first, I was intrigued! I really do like the first part of the forum post, where each level gets the different shades of that color. However, I am going to have to disagree with the bottom part about what level 100's get. Having those extra symbols make the chat look really messy in my opinion. If this was introduced, player names could be read as: !,100:i ★ ETERNAL Danese, which could flood chat really easily. +1 for the first part, -1 for the second.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  9. Hey there,

This is a very good suggestions that I think a lot of the network would enjoy. Being a level 60, I really only have four colors to choose from. Introducing the ability for different leveled players to get multiple shades of one color is surely something I think should be added.

Your other suggestions also seems pretty cool! Definitely a great way to let level 100s stand out. I don’t think we’d have a problem with chat being too messy as there aren’t that many players who have reached level 100 right now. Having something like this would definitely be prime motivation for me reaching level 100. Great thinking, good luck with your idea!

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  10. Hello,

I really like this idea. Giving players access to a larger variety of colors would be pretty cool customization wise, and I also enjoy the suggestions for the level 100 players as it allows them to further stand out and show off their achievement.

I do, however, also see some possible downsides that other people have mentioned above, and there's one in particular I want to talk about.
    I do agree that the extra customization could lead to the chat looking messy, however, I think that'd only be an issue if a large majority of players were level 100 and had access to these customizations, which is definitely not the case. Because the number of level 100s isn't extremely high (and because a few extra characters next to the 100 won't add too much), the scenario that @Noodlezz mentioned, in my opinion, wouldn't be super messy or flood the chat. That scenario is also taking into account the Power Play Club symbol, which makes the chances of a scenario like that happening much lower.

I also have something else in mind that I'd like to discuss regarding this idea. Perhaps instead of granting the two level colors at each of the level milestones (20, 40, 60, etc), the other color option could be granted at the halfway mark for each milestone (30, 50, 70, etc)? This may help to reduce the amount of messiness in the chat and would provide some additional motivation to keep leveling up while still giving players access to a variety of different colors.

Again, that's just an idea and I think that both this change and your original idea could prove very beneficial to the server.

+1 from me.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Danese and SpicyBREE like this.
  11. I love the multiple colors suggestion, and it appeals to me a lot. As I’m a level 50 player, I have only three options to change my color levels. It’s nice to have multiple options to apply extra color features in-game. The randomize texts for level 100 interests me a lot. It’ll be cool to have the specialize texts for level 100 players.

However, I saw one similar idea in the past. It was denied before because the chat would be messy. I’d think it shouldn’t be accepted. It wasn’t a great idea to implement.

I’ll have to be neutral towards your idea. 0

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  12. Heyo!

This idea is very interesting. I would love to see lower levels have more options when it comes to level colour. I like the fact the level 100's get to stand out more, but it can make the chat a little messy which is why I'd say there should only be a few bold options available. Overall, I do like this idea with there being more colour options for players. +0.5 from me

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  13. Yo, I would personally love something like this to be implemented. I do feel like the current level colors aren't a enough but this would make your mineplex level cooler than what It is though. Anyways, take care now!

~Jet The Hawk

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  14. Hello,

Personally, I would not be a massive fan of there being lots of different colours for peoples' levels as it can lead to the chat looking rather messy. However, I understand having said colours can increase the aesthetic appreciation of the levels for some people.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  15. I think the current system is okay, we don't really need more colors. I've gotten kind of used to them in chat, in fact, so I wouldn't mind if there were more colors. But I don't think it's really necessary. However, I think the random text thing next to the level would be kind of cool to see for level 100s.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Danese likes this.