• 1031 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5708 Players Online
  • 4677 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion MPS Titles

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Landon, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Hey guys,
    I have a quick suggestion for this thread, in MPS games, add the "Host" and "Co-Host" titles to the player names in tab maybe as a suffix to the name as after you join the lobby, unless someone types in chat it's hard to see who's the host. You can see it on the scoreboard but I think this QOL improvement could still be added anyway. Instead of adding the whole title you could just order the Host and Co-Hosts at the top of the tab list although that would throw off the rank order.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    Grandmaster and Dulciloquy like this.
  2. I don't know how It's hard to tell who the host is when you literally have to type /server (HOST NAME HERE)-1 to join their server.. But nonetheless, I don't think this is needed, the tab list is already stupid and messy as it is with the latest update showing ranks in tab at all times, including during games

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  3. Heyo!
    To be fair, @Heliology mostly summed up all of this. In my opinion, the tab list looks extremely messy with rank prefixes before the name. I think that it is pretty obvious who is actually Host. This idea sounds like too much work, for something little. Overall, I'll be giving this idea a -1, simply because it's self-explanitory to tell who is actually Host of the MPS.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    OnceAnL_ likes this.
  4. Hey,

I actually do like this little quality of life update idea.

Yeah, that's true, but the general idea behind this update is to just improve quality of life on the server. That just means changing a few little things around to make the server just that little bit better to navigate and enjoy and, personally, I think that this update would do just that.

Being able to see the tag on the Host of the MPS would be nice, and doing an update on this would also mean that there would be a change to the Co-Host tag appearing in tab as well, which would definitely help everyone know who the Co-Hosts are. I think that this would be especially useful for official events that are held in EVENT-1.

Thanks!
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  5. Hello!

I don't really think we need to add Host/Co-Host tags in tab list/to player names because it will look bad in my opinion as the tags itself is quite long, than normal ranks tags, if even we will add it as a suffix after the name it will still look bad. You can always get host name by looking server name (unless it's EVENT-1) OR you can find that on the last line of skytext when the game wasn't started, which all is obvious to see. What's about Co-Host, you can always look in chat if any of Co-Hosts will say something in chat to know their names OR ask in chat who's Co-Hosts of the server and most likely you will get an answer on that. It's really not something which should add. How we have it's currently, in the chat, is fine and nothing should be changed or added.

Also, I assume that in this case will be the same issue which's happening when your rank gets updated where you don't get your tag in tab list/before your name until you rejoin the server or until player who's looking on you will rejoin, only after rejoining tag gets updated in tab/before name. If you give someone Co-Host, he would require to rejoin the server to get a tag in tab list which isn't good.

I don't think it will even work because it probably will require redoing back-end thing about how teams are sorted in tab list which I think Devs wouldn't like to do. It's better to leave it sorted by teams, how we have it now.

Overall, -1 to this idea as it's not really needed to be added and will look bad.

Posted Feb 16, 2020
    BasicT likes this.
  6. Hello!

I don’t really think this is needed. Like @Heliology said above, you can clearly figure out who the host is because you did /server Username-1 unless the server is EVENT-1. Either way for EVENT-1 you can find who is on the Event Assistance sub-team here under Event Assistance and here to find who is on Event Squad, under Event Squad. Plus, even for Co-Hosts, you can say ‘Who are the Co-Hosts in this MPS?’ Or ‘Are there any Co-Hosts available?’ And you will probably get an answer. Having Co-Host and Host in tab could also mean a messier tab in a way.

Overall, I don’t think this is needed.
    Have a good day/night!

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  7. I’m not completely against this. Although I don’t think this is necessary, it wouldn’t be harmful imo.

I think this would definitely be helpful to some players, and it wouldn’t take much to do it. Obviously it wouldn’t be a priority, but I’d be 100% okay with it being added if there is time. I personally don’t see how problems could arise from this (Although that doesn’t mean others don’t see a problem)

I’d give this a +1. Even if it’s not a priority, if it’d help players, I think it should at least be considered in the future :p

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  8. Heyo!

I don't really see a need as on the scoreboard, and when you did /mps (Username)-1 it shows the Host of the MPS. Now I know sometimes this can be frustrating when you have no idea who the Co-Hosts are and I get that but I think tab would look so messy if we added Co-Host and Host in tab before a players name in tab. I think tab would look super messy and not look good at all. So I'm going to have to disagree with this idea, cool suggestion though.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  9. Unlike the majority of the other responses here, I actually don't mind this completely.

I don't think that adding the whole word "Co-Host/Host" would be the best way to approach it, as that would make the tab very lengthy, but I was thinking maybe instead we add some sort of symbol to mark that someone is a co-host or host on the tab (a symbol-like thing kind of like the PPC symbols).

I know the main thing people have been saying is that it would make the tab look messy, but I feel like that isn't really a valid reason in this specific case as we already have ranks showing in tab now, so I don't see how adding Co-Host/Host would hurt it in that specific way (looking bad), but I still agree overall that it would be best not to put the whole word due to it being too lengthy in my opinion. (Just want to make it clear that my intention is not to hate on anyone else's opinions with this paragraph, I am just providing my own opinion on the counter-arguments).

Overall it's a +1 for my variation of it, but a -1 for the original post. Have a good day and thanks for suggesting!

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  10. i disagree, there is NO need to add host and or co host. What would you gain if you added it? They are typically active in chat anyway. On the flip side (upside of adding it) it wouldnt hurt anything but a symbol like ppc is a decent idea but i highly disagree with it

Posted Feb 17, 2020