• 343 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2922 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned MPS OP Games

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Awesome__Luke, Jan 19, 2020.

1. I see it on the event server a lot. The title says it all. I feel like MPS hosts and co-hosts should be allowed to host OP games.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  2. This would be pretty cool to play normal games but with an OP twist, but which games would we be able to use as OP? Would there be an enable or disable the feature? I think you need to elaborate on how this would work but seems like a good idea to me.

+1

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  3. This idea has been brought up before and continuously denied, but I agree with the reasons that it has been denied in the past for. MPS games are here for some fun and practice when you able to be able to play a few games with friends or have a huge party with loads of people going and want to select the game you want to be able to play.

As for why I do not think it would be great to add it in, these games are generally part of events, like how OP Bridges and OP SG were part of this past Christmas Event. You don't see Halloween Havoc and Christmas Chaos in MPS, so I really do not understand why would we add these into the player servers. We find these games in EVENT-1 and in Mineplex Event Servers, so the games are definitely possible to play. However, for now, I do not think that we need to add that into our player servers.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  4. Hey there!

Although yes, OP gamemodes are definitely enjoyable, there is a reason they haven't became regular consistent gamemodes on the server. This is because OP games are a common trend for games to play in special EVENT-1 events that are hosted on the server, and they are unique to just that, which makes it more fun for players because it isn't a regular occurrence.

If we were to add OP gamemodes in as a regular gamemode or into MPS', players would have access to those gamemodes at all times, which would firstly make events less exciting, and could also not have the best long-term effect. Players would enjoy it for a while, yes, but eventually they might start to get bored of the OP versions and head back to regular, which in turn would make the OP games die out and not even be used, hence making them added in the first place not worth it.

Because of those reasons, I disagree with this idea unfortunately, but make sure to be on the lookout for Events hosted by our lovely Events Squad and Events Assistance, which can be accessed by doing /server EVENT-1 when the events are live. If you want to see announcements in-game via the chat when they are doing an event, feel free to do /com join EventSquad, and if you want to see a schedule for upcoming events, you can go to https://www.mineplex.com/events!

Have a good day!

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    BasicT likes this.
  5. Heyo!

I'm going to have to agree with Jxcb here, I don't see a point to this as it would bring less purpose to fun Event games and stuff like that. I feel like the OP games are meant for the Event server and that's why a lot of people go to Events, to play those fun OP games like OP Bridges. So I feel like if we add them to MPS, less players would attend Events! +0

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    BasicT likes this.
  6. Hi!
    Unfortunately, as already said above, OP game will not be brought to regular MPS in the foreseeable future, even if the modifications are preset. These games are meant for special events on the server, and for use in scheduled events in /server EVENT-1. I'm glad that you enjoy the modified games, and I encourage you to keep coming to events so you can tell us what kind of modified games you'd like to play then. Have a nice day! :)

Posted Jan 20, 2020