• 726 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3837 Players Online
  • 3111 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

MPS & MCS - Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by WeirdoFish, Nov 25, 2020.

1. So I've come up with a few suggestions that have to do with player and community servers.

1.) Nano Community Server
    With the somewhat recent release of Nano Games in player servers, they should add the nano option for community servers. I know MCS is something that is hardly ever used and there might be cobwebs in that corner of the attic, but I run a community which is focuses only on Nano Games, and it would be nice to host an event in an MCS rather than MPS.
    (this one isn't a big deal tho)

2.) MPS -
    Custom Alias
    When creating an MPS, there should be an option to customize the name of the server. What I mean is like instead of [player]-1 as the server name, you should be able to customize (if you want), to something like NanoRules-1 or PlsDontJoin-1. This could also be something to unlock or something that only certain ranks have access to. Now yes, there would have to be some sort of filter so inappropriate things wouldn't make it through or names that would mess up the system, like an already existing server.

3.) MPS - Lobby choices

I believe it would be fun to be able to customize your MPS in terms of the lobby. Just like with Community servers, there should be a place to unlock different lobbies, maybe by spending gems, or this could also be a "cosmetic" that you can obtain in treasure chests.

4.) Community - roles
    Currently, in communities there is only Member, Co-Leader, and Leader. I believe there should be a role system like on discord, where you can add maybe up to 3 custom roles with custom colors too (changes the name color when they chat in the community). If this would be too much to moderate, then there could be a list of pre-set roles that you can add, that way inappropriate names and things can't be put into the community. Even if this feature can't be added, I believe the name color for leaders and co-leaders should be changed, that way you clearly know who is "staff" in the community.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  2. First I advise to put suggestion threads like these under the Idea Discussion sub forum. Regarding your ideas:

This seems like a great idea which would fit in with the recently added NANO games within MPS's. The majority of code could just be transferred over and I don't see that many problems with this idea. This will be great for communities that want to host NANO games sometimes, and will be especially great for dedicated communities for NANO like yours. The current syntax would probably have to be changed to incorporate whether a player wants to have a regular MCS or NANO MCS, but it would probably require little developer time as only one argument would have to be added; perhaps like /com mcs <community> <game/nano>.

I will have to remain neutral on this idea since it seems that the feature could be easily abused leading to inappropriately named servers. While the filter could prevent some names, the filter doesn't cover all variations of certain words or phrases and inevitably some inappropriate names would still come up. Furthermore, I don't really see the point of having customizable names for MPS's. While there really isn't that much downside to adding this feature (besides requiring some developer time), there also really isn't that much upside.

I agree that this would be a nice addition :) This will also help a bit with the deflation of gems. But while this seems like a nice set of new cosmetics, this will make MPS's a bit similar to MCS's and I'm not sure whether that is a good or bad thing. I feel like there should be some differences between the two so players are inclined to buy a Legend+ rank to get the MPS perk and not just try to get a coleader in a community.

I feel like this would be too chaotic and confusing for a simple community system. As you said, if you are interested in making various roles for a group of players it's best to create your own discord server. I don't see the point in investing developer time for something that can be easily implemented on another platform so I give this idea a -1.

Anyways it was interesting reading through these suggestions as I have never thought of the majority of them before :)

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    0775 and WeirdoFish like this.
  3. I feel like this was a detail that was probably overlooked, so simple +1
    Too much too moderate, would be impossible to filter out everything inappropriate, people will always get around it. It's fine as is, imo, don't fix what's not broken.
    I actually remember this idea being suggested years ago. I'm 100% for it. The only issue I can imagine is this just being another set of cosmetics players don't want to get, but I suppose they should only be made available to Legends+ in chests and could contain old event/nostalgic game lobbies for the M(P/C)S instead of random builds.
    Once again it would be too much to moderate. I suggest having a community Discord for that kind of thing, separate from Mineplex. I understand customisation is desirable but a lot of communities are pretty small and don't need it and therefore would be a hassle to add as negatives outweigh the positives. It wouldn't be used much + would be hard to moderate.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
    WeirdoFish likes this.
  4. Yeah now that I think about it #2 and #4 probably aren't amazing ideas, really want the first one to be implemented tho cause I have an event to host soon and would love to it in a community server.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 28, 2020
  5. sometimes the simplest ideas are the best ideas. Not sure why immortals can't change their mps name, nor why co-leader/leader aren't color coded. But yeah good idea.

Posted Nov 28, 2020
    WeirdoFish likes this.