• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2340 Players Online
  • 2340 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mps Customizable Game Options

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Covelion, May 4, 2019.

?

Customizable Options in MPS Games

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I propose a system in the Mineplex Private Servers (MPS) That allows the host to customize the game to his/her liking. Similarly to the retired modified games. These changes could be quality of life or straight up change the game entirely to the host's liking
    Examples of these changes:

PVP Games:
    *Automated Grace Period
    *UHC(Have Golden-Apples available in chests, Apples and gold scattered)
    *Option to remove rod/bow from item drops or from the game entirely from the start (EX: Gladiators)
    *Option to ban kits from being played

For Fun Games:
    *Turf war could have shortened build and battle times
    *Death Tag could add the option for the Chasers to win by killing enough people in a certain timeframe.
    Different Options could be thought of.

Or they could have a way to bring back old mechanics if they have not been erased from the code entirely.
    Examples:
    *Survival Games has death match, border cannonballs, and during end game a super small border that forced people to engage.
    *Sky wars had a overhaul a few years ago which changed the game entirely. There could be an option for those people to bring the old system back if they so choose

OTHER SUGGESTION
    *What I also suggest is a way to bring back the old balance changes to certain kits or make customizable ones entirely.

Examples
    Archer Kit (SG)
    Got a balance/buff that some may find overpowered. If they wanted to bring it back to the old balance change (Get arrows only, remove barrage)
    Knight Kit (SG) Got a huge nerf that some may find unnecessary. They would have a choice to bring back the old (but op) Knight Kit if they so choose.

It honestly comes up to what the community thinks and what the mods and staff think. This is just a concept.

Posted May 4, 2019
    Digital_Potato likes this.
  2. Hey!

Honestly, I like the idea proposed here. I could see how this could be a good system for people to be able to play games the way they'd like to, if, for example, there was a change in the game they disliked. Just one thought as to a change though, perhaps each change would have to be bought with a certain amount of gems? I think it would become a good way for people to spend gems, which after buying all of the kits on the server and unlocking community server themes serve little point.

+1 overall, though!

Posted May 4, 2019
    Digital_Potato and Covelion like this.
  3. Yeah, so the people who have a stockpile of gems will be able to spend them after buying all the kits.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 4, 2019
    Digital_Potato likes this.
  4. Yo!

Having the option to customize games in your MPS would be awesome, but there is only so much that can be customizable. I like your idea of adding different styles of gamemodes (bringing back the OG Sky Wars, UHC themed gamemodes, etc.) and it is a broad yet simple change that can easily be done. However, some of the more detailed changes (ex: customizing kits and their features, specific borders, banning kits, etc.) may be more difficult to implement and could be impractical. For example, the fireball border in SG was changed to prevent lag and to keep less people from getting trapped in holes created by the explosives and kit balance changes were made to prevent specific kits from completely destroying everyone in gameplay. Overall, I like your idea of creating more exclusive MPS gamemodes, like UHC styled games, but being able to customize specific gameplay nuances is a no from me. I would rather leave the those gameplay changes to GI, as they are more knowledgeable about their gamemode(s) kits/changes.

+1

Posted May 19, 2019
    Jaxxy and Digital_Potato like this.
  5. Hey,

Being able to customize your MPS game would open a whole new window for content creators, and would also make MPS a great tool for Event hosting staff to use for an event. I think being able to bring back previously retired gamemodes would be super fun. Just one thing, how would the MPS host modify the kits and or gamemode, would there me a menu on screen? Or and in-game "setting-chooser"

Posted May 19, 2019
  6. Hey!

I love the idea of being able to customize games in your mps. This would make having little events with friends more enjoyable. This feature would also be cool for streamers who stream mps making it easier to customize the game to the liking of their viewers. As stated above by @ZTB making this features able to be bought by gems gives people something else to spend their gems on.

Posted May 19, 2019
  7. I think you should only be able to customize the gamemodes in MPSes to a certain extent - like bringing back old games or something. But I think some of the old games just flat out don't exist anymore. An example of that being the old 4-team SG that used to be a thing we played in events. When the current team SG came out, pretty sure it just overrode the old one (or it took another name, in any case - not playable anymore).
    As for everything else, I don't think we should have people be able to completely customize games like you're suggesting. Sure, some things - maybe the kit thing, where you can maybe make it so people can only play one kit or something- but I think disabling rods and stuff in gamemodes would be a little more work.
    tldr; I don't think bringing old patches/versions of games would work, but the smaller things like making it so only one kit is locked

Posted May 22, 2019
  8. Herro!

I love this idea! Although I agree with some of the comments above about some of the specific changes not being realistic, I would love to see this feature! MPS servers have been boring to me lately, but if people can go back to games like OG skywars, it would encourage me (and others) to play them again!

+1

Posted May 22, 2019
  9. I think that it will be a great idea to have the MPS customization game features. You can able to modify the gamemodes whenever you like, but that will give more time for Developers to create it. However, the only issue about bringing the old game type back is that there could be a bug or incompatible version. Some of the games can no longer be playable to anyone too. I am afraid that the Developers may not have time to rework some of the old games.

I really missed playing some of the old gamemode systems like Survival Games. It used to have the frosting or blizzard when the border begins to shrink it down. I do not think that it is going to work like that, and it will take time for the Developers to rework all the old gamemodes.

Posted May 23, 2019