• 243 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2822 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion MP x Visual Communication

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Iscariot, Jan 11, 2020.

1. MP x Visual Communication
    Website Feedback // IntoRainbows

0 — Designing for Your Users
    • You are always designing for your users
    • Everything impacts a user's relationship to your product and impressions of your company
    • MP is a company and their visual communication requires an overhaul of certain aspects
    • All jargon will be explained if required/used; my goal is to relate to our users, not to myself
    • These aspects, along with in-depth thoughts will be listed
    1 — Community Interaction
    • I am aware the walls features on a user's page are being cleaned up, foremost
    • The MP website makes it difficult to share experiences with other users
    • Content able to be posted and shared on both wall-posts as well as profiles are limited
    • The Community Groups are great, but part of me feels like it's a perk that should not be rank-exclusive
    • Website forums has tabs with overarching concepts (i.e. Server Discussion + Forum Discussion)
    • I'd so much rather have less forum posts in New Posts than include Off-Topic
    • I like that you are able to "watch" a forum section — you should also be notified of specific keywords
    • "Off Topic" should include the Surveys section from the "Community Hub", it's redundant
    • Guides section has a fair amount of great content, include it under "Useful" in the web footer
    • Remove News from the website footer — replace with a master Guides section; we have a front page already
    2 — Social Features / Engagement
    • I really dislike not being able to receive notifications from people I follow; this should be changed immediately
    • The home header says: "New Website", "Sign Up Here", "Feedback", "Play Now" and I'd really just remove the header
    • There has been ONE front page post in the past month and a half — share dev updates, marketplace stuff, keep us caring
    • Include Map Updates on the homepage, include the monthly Newsletter, include user artwork, YT showcases and builds
    • Upcoming Events module is barely visible, and the YouTube module with MP's Games has been inactive for over a year
    • We have a Content Creation sub-team, Creators who do streams (i.e. Twitch) and YouTube but MineplexGames account is *dead*
    • I'm mentioning this again for crisis control; a new user is going to go to another network when they see "2018 Year In Review" as new
    • Everyone acknowledges that MP has gotten smaller, but it's still a company; care for your users and show them you want them here
    • I don't expect Owners to be actively engaged but it shouldn't feel like it's just another monetary gain & investment for them
    3 — Marketing Strategies / Branding
    • MP on Facebook (FB, for reference) has the old logo as well as different art (it's from 2015, by Ruzorion by the way)
    • The logo should be the same across YT, FB and Twitter (I don't think we use IG, and we shouldn't) but be consistent please
    • I like the idea of including different artwork for each social media header, including the forums (could change monthly!)
    • Stop focusing entirely on Bedrock content and Job postings; I understand the network needs help but that's not the way to do it
    • Make your jobs page more obvious with increased SEO (how search engines find pages) even on LinkedIn, GlassDoor or job sites
    • I've mentioned Content Creators, but they should help represent MP's identity to help raise cross-platform awareness
    • You can't rely on a few people to do like 3+ jobs each... first off it's undermining them but also it's a company and you NEED trained people
    • I'll touch on social media briefly, but I hope Emily & Emily (EmmaLie and Crum) include less posts about the same things (team has 9 people, so)
    • MP does not need to make this public by any means, but Ownership should have an established "brand promise" about MP's purpose and goal
    • Brand partnerships; we're an Official Minecraft Partner but what is that being used for besides Bedrock Marketplace... make use of your resources
    4 — Art Direction / Iconography
    • I know MP has a design guide of sorts, but realistically Ryan is not an art director and the Network literally has no consistent art style
    • Look at the Games page on the forums, then at the header, then at the MP Facebook, then at the YT... do you see where this is going
    • The network has a lot of artists, I run a discord server for current artists in the community and people would love to help I'm sure
    • Your icons, logos, web backgrounds and artwork should feel unified; even if headers are made by different people, it should FEEL like MP
    5 —Closing Thoughts / Statement of Purpose
    • I created this thread because a lot of these topics are being ignored, or at least appear the community to be abandoned
    • I just hope the Owners help out here, they're who people are looking up to for help and it hasn't shown
    I'm open to comments, but also check out the form/thread that inspired this, created by @TeaSpiller
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/platform-feedback.92374/

Thank you so much for reading :)
    -IR

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    Xukuwu, joshuart, ClassN and 5 others like this.
  2. I am going to bump this, I hope that's okay!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2020
  3. Agree w/ much of this. Kinda in a vicious cycle b/c games don't get fixed/updated so players don't play them so the games don't get fixed/updated.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  4. im confused

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    Gzen (away) likes this.
  5. If you could elaborate on this, that would be great. I didn't write about anything regarding games, fixes, development, etc. so I want to see where you're coming from.

You didn't have to comment that on this then, and next time please message me privately instead of stating confusion on a thread. I can't change anything without knowing what is confusing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2020
  6. Oh it's just adding on. I think part of the biggest problem the server has is that the games don't feel like they are (and dare I say, aren't) being invested in. Games go multiple years without updates, gamebreaking bugs and issues are left alone for astoundingly long periods of time, and at a basic level some things either flat out don't work or are extraordinarily poorly designed. It's hard to recommend even the games I like on the server to other people either because I don't like the state they're in, or because only a longtime player would actually put up with such issues; most sane people would just log off and play a different server because less frustrating and more enjoyable experiences can be had elsewhere.

This kinda extends into some other areas because it's hard to convince actually sizable content creators to make content on what's more or less a bad product. It's harder for a bad product to be profitable. And because the product (server) is in a bad state, it doesn't get as much attention as it needs, making it worse.

Posted Jan 13, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 13, 2020
    Iscariot likes this.
  7. I'd appreciate if this could be looked at by someone who is able to take action.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2020 at 9:36 PM