• 3127 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11565 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Moving the US server to New York.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Killer, Jul 19, 2019.

1. If anything, the servers should be moved to Dallas. Some datacenters there such as Psychz's have amazing routes across the country that tremendously help with latency.

From my experiences from using them as well it's been quite amazing, especially back when I owned a factions server, everyone had relatively low latency (20-40ms) spread across the country.

What matters really is how good the routes are from the datacenter to your ISP and home and if any are down/poorly maintained which can cause more connectivity issues. That happened to me once with one of my dedicated servers and I had to contact the host to get it fixed (Which they did in a matter of a day or 2). After that, nothing but good experiences.

Posted Jul 20, 2019
    bestjoedavena, skarm, EwMikey and 2 others like this.
  2. Isn't that kind of biased since you're Texan lol

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  3. Yes and no.

Dallas in general is a great place as its basically in the middle of America and provides great latency to both the east and west.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    EwMikey likes this.
  4. Dallas is also a general hub for most server-based technology anyway. That's one of the primary locations people have servers located in.

Although I agree--keeping it basically centralized to the middle of the United States would be beneficial so as not to unbalance people on different coasts. You still have to remember that at the end of the day distance is time. @Killer

You also must remember that there are still thousands of people that are on the west coast as well... we can't always get what we want I suppose. There is no be-all, end-all solution. The only way to figure that out would be to open an east coast network and a west coast network, but that's the crappiest solution in my opinion and would just separate people more.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  5. One day... we will have instantaneous communications... being able to send radio waves tied to laser beams, like a piece of paper tied to a rock that goes 6.706*10^8 miles per hour...
    But for now, I agree. The server is in a pretty good location as of right now.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  6. "China has a mostly poor population"

Oh man, oh man... Where have you been for the last 20 years, pal?

Posted Jul 24, 2019
  7. By the word poor I mean not overly rich, though they're financially stable I honestly doubt many have Internet to play on Minecraft servers, that's what I mean't. Thanks.

Posted Jul 24, 2019
  8. This would make Western players ping a lot worse. It can already creep up to 100+ if you're on the west coast, and if you're in Europe I know the EU server barely gets any players but it's still there. And for competitive I do believe they used to have some games on the EU and some games on the US servers to even out the ping on both servers. Though I dont know if this is still true

Posted Jul 24, 2019
  9. I mean, the difference between 70ms and 150ms is much more noticeable than 270ms vs 360ms
    --- Post updated ---
    There's a growing Chinese middle class. Frankly there are enough people in China that any statement about wealth isn't true for a significant number of people..

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  10. Uhm Dallas is not the middle of the US...... if you move it into Texas, then people up North wouldn’t get a strong connection. If anything the servers should be centred in Kansas.

Posted Jul 27, 2019
  11. I don't know what kind of place you think China is but literally everyone has internet. There are more cell towers per square mile than in the US. Your view of China would be more appropriate around maybe 20 or 30 years ago.

Nonetheless with the way China is portrayed in Western media I'm not surprised that this view is so prevalent.

Posted Jul 27, 2019
  12. What Mr. Dev man said about moving them to Texas. Yes. A Garry's mod server I staffed on moved their servers down there and everyone still gets good ping.

Posted Jul 27, 2019