• 423 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5338 Players Online
  • 4915 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Moving forward?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Created, Jun 21, 2020.

1. To compete with modern games we need advanced graphics, which means at least a custom texture pack. Any movement on this?

Posted Jun 21, 2020

2. Hey, i dont really feel the need for this to be added into the game at the moment however that could be quite a cool idea for the future. Thanks for suggesting

Posted Jun 21, 2020
  3. I know there is a lot of old base who want vanilla. However, there is a base that wants survival.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2020
  4. How can you not have a deal with nvidia and microsoft?

OP OP
    AtLeastYouTried likes this.
  5. Wait what is the idea here? You're posting in the Java section and mentioning a computer parts company and the owner of Minecraft itself in relation to a custom texture pack you think should be added to Java Cake Wars? What does nvidia have to do with the idea? And why would Microsoft need to be involved?

I personally really don't think a texture pack is needed at all for the Java version of CW. Many players have troubles with texture packs, and it can make players with less than ideal computers be completely unable to participate. Texture packs don't even really change your experience with the game at all. Everything in the game was created/represented using Vanilla textures, so if you want a different playing experience, you can choose a client-side texture pack as well.

If you can elaborate on your idea/plan a bit more, I may be able to offer a more accurate opinion. Thanks!

Posted Jun 21, 2020
    0775 and Paladise like this.
  6. Im not 100 percent sure what they are suggesting however I think they want a custom texture pack to compete with modern games we need advanced graphics, and if it is that, i feel that it should be through about in the future and would be quite hard for mineplex to add into the game.

Posted Jun 21, 2020
  7. Mineplex has custom texture packs for years. Yes, I am suggesting that to get into the game, they should elaborate. Here now, if any questions.

OP OP
  8. What new strategy has CSGO over Minestrike?

OP OP
  9. I fully agree people would have problems client side which is prob why it shouldn't be through about now and maybe not even in the feature and if it was through about in the feature it would need to be tested alot and would most likely not be added.

Posted Jun 21, 2020
  10. I'm still unclear. You want a server side texture pack on Java. On all games? This was posted in the Cake Wars section. And why do we need server side texture packs when you can enable one client side?

Yes we have custom texture packs for games that have non-vanilla items/needed a custom representation of some items. We don't have server side texture packs for vanilla based gamemodes and I don't think that's necessary.

Posted Jun 21, 2020
    0775 and Paladise like this.
  11. And why could they not retain their players?

OP OP
  12. I agree i dont see it being necessary and would waste a lot of time making it , when you can just get a client side texture pack.

Posted Jun 21, 2020
  13. Well, the honest answer is that it is just pc games. If you want to lose that war ... I would prefer not to.

OP OP
  14. Look a bit larger, all the mechanics, game and players are here. Use it.

OP OP
  15. That is my point, use this introduction to gaming and make it real.

OP OP
  16. It is only the graphics that separate us, and that solution is easy?

OP OP
  17. You can not challenge me because I am right? Right here.

All the same team, let's just move.

OP OP
  18. Heyoooooo

I am against custom server side texture packs unless the game requires them, they often just crash me or make me lag so much which is a real big pain that a lot of us have. Texture packs don't make the game better unless it is a game such as Minestrike where snowballs get changed to bullets etc or Wizards where a stick gets made into a wand. Cake Wars is the most popular game at the moment and there is no use for a texture pack, the game revolves around cakes which are in the normal pack and everything else in the game is also in the default pack and that even applies to custom items such as polly the sheep.

There is just no use in putting the artists to work on a texture pack that will upset a lot of players. Therefore I am going to -1 this idea.

Posted Jun 21, 2020