• 749 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4401 Players Online
  • 3652 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Most fun part of the lobby?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Thenorn, Nov 18, 2020.

1. I agree with Bms, Nimpy, and Cephalon's reply! The logs are the ultimate part of the Mineplex lobby in my opinion, because anyone can run around in an infinite loop of pretty simple parkour with different patterns. I usually do this while I'm in a call, or simply sitting in Lobby one for an hour. This parkour makes time go by extremely fast, because of how simple, yet complex it is. I also love jumping around on top of the Game Portals, because again, there is just such a perfect pattern to it. I usually challenge myself to get from one side to the other by only jumping on the leaf blocks.

~~

Posted Nov 20, 2020
  2. I forgot to mention this because I kinda deviated from the topic, but I also love the logs as I have found my self consistently jumping around it, and then double jumping to the other islands nearby. After this, I like to go to the island behind the staff builds and complete the little maze inside. If I'm ever queuing a game, occasionally I like to stack my frens and then go fly around randomly throughout the lobby

Posted Nov 20, 2020
    Thenorn and Ryan9116 like this.
  3. Hello!

Specifically I don't have any favourite places in the Lobby and I'd say that all places on the lobby to which you can easily access will be cool to be on them. I guess my places where I spend most time is the area next to a hill and the area next to the cave. Usually when I'm on the lobby I don't sit on the same place and moving around the lobby, so won't be able to select my exactly favourite place.

To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of our current main lobby (including 2014/2015 lobbies) since it's small but from the past I liked 2018 lobby which was so spacious and rather big. In that lobby, I liked a place from which you could look at Lily Pad (Staff Build area). So, for the future for me, it would be so great to see some mix between our current lobby and 2018 one which I believe in theory will be possible to do.

Anyway, I will finish my reply here. I was glad to reply here.

Posted Nov 20, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  4. Parkour logs 100%. I also like chilling on top of the big tree and checking out everything below me. A lot of my time spent in the lobby is just doing mini parkour as I run in circles and wait to get into games, really.

Posted Nov 20, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  5. Your point about the 2018 lobby is definitely appreciated since there hasn't been anyone else who has vouched for it on this thread. I personally found it to be too spacious both for Minecraft in general - even with leap - and especially with the playerbase which was at that time still steadily declining. It can't be argued, however, that it had more features than any other lobby and was able to fit any builder's desires.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 20, 2020
    LegendSavedXmas likes this.
  6. The karate pig logs, just jumping between them is oddly fun so I can often be found doing that. I also love running along the top of the giant Mineplex sign as well. But I have to say the staff build area is the highlight. The crazy adventures that go on there are some of my fondest memories on the server and it's always fun to be able to build something fun for people to stumble upon is great ^^

Posted Nov 20, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  7. I like to just relax and play stacker as I talk to friends.

Posted Nov 20, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  8. Hola!

I can tell a lot of the people above me have the same ideas as me when it comes to entertainment in the lobby, haha. Anyway, my favorite part in the lobby is probably the lava parkour. I could never complete that for the longest time, but now I'm able to do it almost every time. I also really like the log parkour near the center of the lobby. I've jumped on and off of those little logs so much that it's starting to become a habit to go over there and start jumping on them. I don't even know I'm doing it half the time, haha. Having the option to build on the Build Island is also something I find very entertaining now that I'm staff. I always enjoy making little builds and having people go over to the island to look, and play in it. That's always enjoyable for me, haha.

Posted Nov 20, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  9. Heyo,

My favorite part of the lobbies is probably the parkour courses, mainly the lava parkour. When waiting for a game, or when I'm not sure what to do, the lava parkour is a good distraction that gives me something to do. As far as improving the lobby, I'd say perhaps more parkour courses haha. And yeah, I like this lobby about the same as the other variations, because there isn't a lot different about it in comparison to a majority of the others excluding one or two, and I think it does the job fine.

Have a good one. :)

Posted Nov 24, 2020
    Thenorn likes this.
  10. That is interesting, because I have never finished any of the parkours - I was probably close to beating the lava one at some point, and I honestly don't remember if I beat the snake one. I prefer having the opportunity to open the chat and reply to someone which is difficult since parkour is so difficult for me. Unfortunately for people who prefer them though, the lobby doesn't seem to be large enough to support more parkour courses.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 24, 2020
  11. my favourite spot is probably that birch island behind the build island, not sure what it is about it, I just kinda like the vibe it has - pic !!

overall I prefer the 2018 lobby to the current one, the aesthetic was a bit cleaner imo, and it was bigger and a lot more open which was nice. It absolutely had its issues with being kind of difficult to navigate game wise but I'd definitely be for seeing it return one day with changes to that

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  12. As for my experience in the Java Lobby, I've always think that it was always been the same since 2017 or probably in the early years of Mineplex. One thing I only like the most in the Lobby in Java is that are parkour courses and finishing them would result you into a reward which is something promising.

As for the Bedrock Lobby of Mineplex, I'd say it's one of the best lobbies that I've ever seen from other servers. The builds are just amazing and the theme or style, whatever you call it. It's just very cool. There are also parkour courses but I believe they're in the bottom part of the lobby, one thing I also like about it is it's insanely very big, I've seen a lot of players running around in circles and they look like they were just having so many times, sometimes I'd even join them. One word that defines the theme of the lobby would be "Colorful", so yeah, that's one thing I probably like the most in the lobby.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  13. I like running around in the lobby a lot lol. I like doing parkour just for fun (Dragon Escape is one of my favorite games too haha), so my favorite area would probably have to be the Snake parkour.

I also like exploring the Hub tree. It’s fun to use morphs and cosmetics to try and climb up it, it’s also fun to sit at the top too.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  14. Interesting post idea!

Usually when I go to lobbies, I tend to focus more on chat rather than where I am running. It's become a habit ever since I've been a Trainee to be mindful of chat and of course to chat with my friends and interact with the community. I really love being able to meet new people or chat with friends in lobbies, so usually, I'm more focused on the conversation rather than my position in the lobby. Saying that though, I do tend to run around the spawn area and past each chest opening station situated on each corner of the hub tree. There are little pillars with stairs on them, I guess like steps, and I run around on those going around in circles. Otherwise, I go to the hill near the Staff build island, or the Staff build island itself if I'm in the mood to do some building!

Posted Nov 26, 2020
  15. This might be an interesting take for some people, but personally I don't care at all for the lobby. Typically I just run around to wherever my heart takes me, but I've done this in all previous lobbies. If I am going to be spending an extended period of time in the lobby it's usually because I'm doing something else rather than paying attention to the actual lobby, like chatting on discord or building on the staff island. So, if I did have to pick a favourite part it would be the staff build island but that's solely based on the fact I can do a lot more there than anywhere else in the lobby, because again, I really don't care for it.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Arshaad_73 likes this.
  16. My favourite thing is knocking people off into the void that are AFK on the staff/edater hill (idk how you call it) and annoying them with gadgets.

Posted Nov 26, 2020