• 287 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6667 Players Online
  • 6380 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Most dominant SSM kits 2021

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by RubyRose__, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Magma is probably more annoying than good

Posted Mar 15, 2021
  2. yes mr artie

Posted Mar 15, 2021
  3. Pro vs pro mamga sucks. However I do agree that a lot of people underestimated him which leads to there death. If magma was aproached carfully when he is small he's pretty easy to beat. Unless he runs away the whole game, his fireballs are way to easy to reflect and his flame dash is hard to aim and if you use it far away to do max damage it's to easy to avoid, which makes his abliltys not the best in the game, his fuel the fire is pretty good., but it makes his hitbox becomes the biggest in the game. his smash sucks and harms him self and somtimes doesn't even load.

Posted Mar 16, 2021
  4. Hey!

I personally haven't played SSM in a while and I don't know if any of this is good right now but when I played SSM a lot what I found to be "meta" was creeper. Creeper in my opinion is pretty good, it has decent armor and abilities and I personally can't say it's not a bad kit. I've actually been pretty decent at creeper and I believe that it's on of the best/most used kits.

As of recently, I played a couple SSM games and found Enderman to be a popular pick. I think another two often picked ones would be wolf and creeper which I mentioned above and I believe they are popular till this day. I was actually suprised I only saw a few people say something about creeper so I felt like I had to say something about it.

I'd also like to clarify that everyone has a different preference, like for example how I said I like creeper, someone else may not like creeper because of other reasons and how they see many other picks besides creeper and how it's not good. Let me know if you agree I personally believe these still apply until today, but, again, I only played a few games and this is just based off of my judgement of what I saw over the course of those games.

Posted Mar 16, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 16, 2021
  5. Spider, Zombie, Creeper, Cow, Enderman are the kits that will always dominate at a pro level.

Me being a horse player, I'd rather play Pig than Horse Vs Most Pros. Horse is as big as a car and the only way to be decent at pro level is if you play chicken the whole game and abuse the regen. It's absolutely useless when it has no skills available, it's a seal clubbing kit and once you know it's ins and outs it's very simple to counter it. Cow is horse on steroids, idk why people think horse is so good when it isn't.

And Wolf is diet spider, it shouldn't ever be considered to be dominant as long as Spider exists and either kit receives no changes.

Posted Mar 17, 2021
    1dragoneye likes this.
  6. Ofc a horse player wouldn’t think horse kit is good xD. Also unless you have good web aim, feel like wolf would just eat spider’s wide hit box up. Space bar mashing and cub tackle too strong

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 17, 2021
  7. Lol I've been practicing Witch, and I'll soon learn cow, Cow is literally super horse, Of course if I play Horse I'll know how powerful it is. There's many kits I fear as a horse because they hard counter me, Spider, Enderman, Cow, Zombie, I'd have to work just as hard as if I was playing pig. While I don't think Horse is balanced, it isn't dominant by any means unless you don't know counterplay. I only play Horse because it's what I've always played, Pig and Horse. It has not changed much since I took my hiatus so I continued to play it, other stronger kits and by extension, counterplay has not changed.

And yes, if you have inferior skill and knowledge of the kit you will lose to a wolf as spider. But if you know the game better you should never lose that matchup. Wolf can stack melee well but once you land spin web you easily have 3-5 hearts over the wolf and by extension, knockback advantage. Cub Tackle is very easily avoided compared to a wide long range shotgun of webs. Cub Tackle is very easily avoided compared to a wide long range shotgun of webs. And once you have needler which recharges every what, 3 SECONDS? You have KB advantage, since Spider is low to the floor you will be at a disadvantage once you're staggered. Doesn't matter what kit you are since you'll always be one block higher.

Posted Mar 17, 2021
  8. I agree with you on almost everthing you said. however i disagree that creeper is on that list.

As powerful as creeper looks and acts at first site, he is actual a weak kit for pro vs pro his surfer bomb is annoying and has high knockback but after a while it becomes predictable and easy to avoid with triple jump his explosion is 10 times easier to avoid while being able to damage the creeper, plus his explosion is a bad recovery because it leaves him vulnerable given the fact that it's easy to send him into the void. His lighting shield is easy to work around since it only last for 2 seconds and you can see it. Creeper overall is a great kit for beginner since it really easy to learn however his skill ceiling is very low

also I think guardian should be up there with the dominating kits

Posted Mar 17, 2021
    Wildbrandon likes this.
  9. Maybe I'm just a butthurt Horse player, and I can admit that if what you're saying is true. But I HATEEEE Creepers SOOO much as a horse player. Lightning shield throws off my whole gameplay so I must either use all skills or all melee. Same with Pig

And again, maybe it's due to the kits I play, but very few guardians really destroy me If I'm playing Horse or Pig. BUT I do think Guardian is powerful, and I wouldn't take everything I say as absolute truth because I played from 2014-2015, I very recently came back and I'm still learning, my knowledge is still kind of meshed between me now and when I was 14. I probably just haven't met enough really good guardians to think they're dominant.

I've been learning to better counter creeper but still, any good creeper just completely picks me apart xD

Posted Mar 17, 2021
  10. cow is litterally super horse????? im not sure about that take chief lol

Posted Mar 17, 2021
    Mitchy likes this.
  11. Milk Spiral = Bone Rush with no omnidirectional movement
    Angry Herd = Easier to hit bone kick, with range, and less KB

The Kit has more armor than horse. Angry herd can hit like, 3 times if you combo with it perfectly. Spiral allows you to take 0 KB and with enough brain you can easily hit it twice. I main horse and if a player has equal skill to me as a Cow I am completely defenseless. Bone Kick does nothing, they can spiral and take O KB, and possibly hit me 2-5 times depending on angle. They hit me with one cow and has KB advantage over me, leading to them comboing me. The Cow has SO MUCH ARMOR, that even if I hit the cow more than it hits me, it will do more KB to me because of armor advantage, leading to easier combos. And if it just runs in circles for a few seconds it has up to SPEED 3, which gives an immediate melee advantage. The only way I beat a decent cow by playing chicken. I don't play cow and can jump on that kit and get kills just as easily as horse.

Cow just requires a little more skill

Posted Mar 17, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 17, 2021
    1dragoneye likes this.
  12. Creeper destroys most the cheese tactics horse does, so if your very dependant on that ofc you'd lose to creepers

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 18, 2021
  13. I don't really lose to creepers anymore, since most aren't really good, but they were really annoying when I initially made my return to the game. I also don't play Horse as often as you think, I play Pig more and I play Snowman, IG, Skeleton, Sheep, Guardian, and Blaze. Creeper gave me problems the most with every kit due to the kit rewarding the player with temporary melee invincibility for taking damage.....

Posted Mar 18, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 18, 2021
    1dragoneye likes this.
  14. skeleton horse, spider, and enderman

Posted Mar 18, 2021

15. your right about so few great guardian players. but he has a very high skill ceiling and like wolf can shred player in secs as long as the user can pvp pretty decently. That being said however since so few good guardians players, then i guess he won't be on the most dominate ssm kit list. But if guardian was more popular (and less expensive) and people had the patience to practice him he would easily make it to the dominating kits

Posted Mar 18, 2021
    JFEnder likes this.
  16. I like that you main many diffrent kits, instead of maining just that one kit , I think it's pretty health to switch kits ever now and then.

P.s im trying to master all the kits by playing one kit tell i win and then switch to the next one till i win and so on until im wining every game with every kit :)

Posted Mar 18, 2021
  17. milk spiral = bone rush but bad
    bone kick is already very easy to land
    more armor but a not very good regen
    shorse's armor/regen ratio is way too high and unbalanced
    why would combos matter when u can press one right click to thanos snap the guy out of the map or if you can use bone rush to take no kb while meleeing which does about 100% of its life to most kits
    the only thing i agree on is cow takes more skill lol

Posted Mar 20, 2021
  18. No one has mentioned squid yet. Super squid and fish flurry are super OP and are extremely useful in solos and teams. The movement of the kit along with the blast of ink shotgun make it a very deadly kit to play against if the person playing it has good melee ability and can land combos.

In my opinion here is a current tier list of the best kits based off of how they function currently and perform in both game modes of SSM:

S-Tier: Squid, Spider, Slime,
    A-Tier: Pig, Skeletal Horse, Wolf, Wither Skeleton, Enderman
    B-Tier: Zombie, Creeper, Guardian, Cow, Blaze, Witch, Villager
    C-Tier: Sheep, Skeleton, Snowman
    D-Tier: Iron Golem, Chicken
    F-Tier: Magma Cube

I chose the rankings above because of the kits performance in matches, number of skilled players that use them, and the DPS. Slime is an amazing kit that succeeds all others when one can master range and melee attacks as well as perfect timing. Spider and Squid both have super unique abilities that are OP when mastered. Yeah magma cube if F-Tier cause of 2 reasons: It's magma blast can be deflected easily, and flame dash does not always provide the best recovery nor makes the player invincible during attacks. The kit takes a lot of damage and doesn't give much damage unless you get kills. I only ever see players use it to run and clean.

The most played kits currently by tier would be:

Most Played: Skeleton, Creeper, Chicken, Wolf, Blaze, Magma Cube, Skeletal Horse
    Often Played: Guardian, Spider, Squid, Golem, Enderman, Slime, Zombie, Cow
    Sometimes Often Played: Sheep, Witch, Pig, Snowman, Wither Skeleton
    Hardly Played: Villager

You should see one of those kits in 'Most Played' in just about any SSM match because the kits are simple to use and can be used for range, spam, or high damage with little to no skill required to start to use. Most of the kits such as wolf, blaze, and chicken can easily be used to run from fights and game stall.

You will see more skilled players often play kits like guardian, spider etc. when those players have a good concept of defense and offense. These kits appear just about every other if not every single game.

You will sometimes see players use sheep, witch, pig, snowman, and wither skeleton but most of the time the players are just using the kit for spam and camping rather than being smart and utilizing melee as well. Players that master these kits are deadly. Especially in teams.

You will hardly ever see villager players, mains, etc. because the kit is difficult to master and you need the achievements to play it. So you won't see noobs using it, and its uncommon for experienced players to use it.

Alright... there is my thoughts on this topic. Peace.

-Rice

Posted Mar 21, 2021
    VictoryChampion likes this.
  19. I would consider Spider and Zombie as the most dominant kits at the moment given as how they are both in S tier.

Posted Mar 22, 2021
    user6067a36e5b152 likes this.
  20. lol magma cube is F tier i agre except when it is I, the MAGUMA KYUUBu, the ping reliant!!!1!1!1!1

Posted Mar 22, 2021
    user6067a36e5b152 likes this.