• 1459 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13213 Players Online
  • 11754 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

More games on bedrock.

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by TenCashew804211, Mar 7, 2021.

Tags:
?

Should they expand Bedrocks game collection?

1. Yeah, I would love more variety in bedrock games!

90.0%
  2. No, the games they have now are fine.

10.0%
  1. Let me make a couple things clear. I own both Java and Bedrock, but mainly play bedrock. The other thing, Mineplex as a whole is still a good server, in the end though on Bedrock edition Mineplex, their isn't that many games compared to Java edition. I just think in the end more game should be added to Bedrock edition. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to port some game from Java to Bedrock, but I think it would greatly boost the Bedrock fanbase in the end. I'm gonna keep this short, as it's just a random idea, but I have gotten hundreds of wins on every game, so it would not hurt to add more games and shake things up.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  2. Hey! I see that you're suggesting more games to be added to Bedrock. This thread won't really get you too far. Is there any suggestions for new games to be added that you have? You're giving nothing to work with. I would like to see a game suggested that you personally want added. Staff like to refer to game ideas as well as feedback from the community. This thread really is not doing anything and not got any explanation into it except your opinion.
    Java and Bedrock are entirely different for coding and it would be near to impossible to port over exact games from Java to Bedrock. I would recommend giving more explanation by talking about a specific Java game you want ported over to Bedrock except it's a little different to Java's version. Games can't be ported over, but I don't see any issues with similar games. Express your own ideas here too.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  3. Ok sure! Thank you for the feedback! What I meant is just in general add more of the games they have on Java, or like you said something similar. For example, Bomb Lobbers, that is one of the main games I play on Java when I do play. I would love to see that coded into Bedrock edition! Another game I would love to see added is One in the Quiver. I love that game as well. I don't know if the dev team is interested in expanding the Bedrock side of things but I would love to see it happen!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and Mothy like this.
  4. One In The Quiver and Bomb Lobbers were actually on Bedrock once. They were 2 of the games in Mixed Arcade. In June though of last year, Mixed Arcade was removed with the new lobby update including all of the minigames with it. For the Christmas event, Bomb Lobbers and One In The Quiver returned. I really enjoyed playing them! The winter event is over now and I have no idea whether these games will return or not. I highly doubt a permanent return for these games unfortunately.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    TenCashew804211 likes this.
  5. Yeah, I just wish the games could have more variety. I honestly don't mind what they add. I just want something new. I think the developers should experiment and make a game nobody has ever made before, and maybe make it Bedrock exclusive to give people more reason to play on Bedrock!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  6. Mineplex Bedrock is actually coded java, and so is the java edition, ofc they would need to clean some stuff up but I think it would be a good starting point.

The reason they don't add more games is that it needs to be properly playable by mobile, pc, controller, ect and games like ssm would be hard to play on mobile.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Kight, Ryan9116, yvuggu and 2 others like this.
  7. Yeah I'm not too familiar with the coding, haha. My apologies.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  8. I understand your point, but mini-games like snake don't require much strenuous input and in the long run it was a pretty decent game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2021
  9. I like your enthusiasm! We have 1 Developer for updates right now (The talented gyroninja) which means all work takes a while, but as they say, "All good comes to those who wait". I think the main focus is lobbies right now so if you do have a good suggestion, it may take a certain amount of time before it's implemented. That is if the staff are interested.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    TenCashew804211 likes this.
  10. I agree with you, but in my opinion they did a pretty good job on the lobby, although if they do ever plan on adding more games they would definitely need to rework the lobby. They could just squish it all into a single tab, though I don't think that would be aesthetically pleasing. I feel like if they want to truly expand Bedrock to even half of the scale they did with Java, almost everything would need to be reworked, down to the ranking system.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  11. Oh I mean the lobby issues going around right now. The lobby design is awesome! There is a problem where you struggle to find a lobby and it can't connect you to one if you click the NPC to go to the hub. This happens when you're in the hub and can't find a server to connect to on a certain game.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  12. I would like to see more games on mineplex bedrock in the future. But as of right now, the main focus is to get everything fixed and running smoothly as far as I know.
    I doubt mineplex bedrock will get as many games as java has, but I’d still like to see some added soon.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    TenCashew804211 and Mothy like this.
  13. Oh, I see. I agree with you on that matter. Misclicking on Cakewars when I was intending to play Skywars and not being able to go back to the hub is an issue I would enjoy being addressed. Although the most simple solution I can think of for that problem is a lobby selector. I don't know much about coding so for all I know that isn't possible.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  14. @yvuggu actually made a thread about the lobby selector which everyone seems to like and I am one of those people. You can view his thread here: https://www.mineplex.com/posts/664043/

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  15. Hey!

I think that some new games would definitely spice things up a bit. During the winter event, the game rotation system had a lot of players drawn to it, so I'm sure that adding a few more wouldn't be too bad of an idea. +1

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  16. All of the games from the winter event rotation (except cakewars solo) are not new and were once their own game. Survival games was it's own thing, Bomb Lobbers and One In The Quiver were in Mixed Arcade and Merry Mayhem was the Christmas game in 2016. Snow Fight and Cakewars solo are good though. Highly doubt that Cakewars solo will have it's own game for sure. Snow Fight may return again for this year's winter event. A lot of old players would've came back to play their old favourite game which returned during the rotation. I totally agree though for these games returning and possibly more in the near future.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  17. I have one more thing to add about the lobby issue, the command sv allows you to pick a server to go on, for example /sv 20 would bring you to server twenty, so on.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 8, 2021
    Mothy and yvuggu like this.
  18. They should work on the issues before adding new things, because if THOSE games have issues too (every new game ever, not just on Mineplex or even Minecraft has had some kind of issue) Mineplex would just be biting off more then they can chew. At the moment, only 2 issues come to mind for me: (good job Mineplex a couple months ago I would have had a list) Tiny skins (Being worked on) and the extreme lag which is unrivalled by any other server (Except maybe Lifeboat). Apparently the lag issue is due to Mineplex still being playable on older versions of Minecraft (1.12,1.14, etc) , so it can’t get the optimizations that come with every new update. They should work on those 2 problems and then look at adding new things in.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    TenCashew804211, Mothy and yvuggu like this.