• 3175 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13207 Players Online
  • 10032 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

more creativity to the game

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by fallacious, Feb 28, 2020.

1. let me explain , yu know why (sorry ;-;) hypexil is popular and have a large amount of players ? , bc they're just a vanilla server which allow player to do more than just something that been planned before , and give player the ability to do be more creative to their play style , and so mineplex could be too and should be better bc they're a modded server , it could be settle in someway that mineplex they own will think of bc im lazy and couldnt think of anyway but this play style should be changed , we most likely will be boring after a long time playing a game that could never be any different. maybe yu should add some new minigame that have features of the new minecraft 1.14 and further , u could use that resource to create some super duper fun game that mineplex again will think for themselve cuz im lazy , btw it could bring some new player who only play survival , they would like to experienced something that they got used to but different , btw hypexil would never add such thing like that to their server so this should be an improvement

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  2. As for your 1.14 idea, this has been shut down a multitude of times and I do not see it happening because a majority of the player base enjoys 1.8 PvP. As for your more vanilla Survival type game, I would like to see this but this game already did exist. UHC was almost fully vanilla Minecraft, however, the game got removed due to a lack of players playing it so I do not see it being re-added.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  3. Telling the development team to "think of a new game themselves" isn't really that helpful. Of course they are always trying to think of new games. If you have any specific game ideas for 1.14 yourself, that would maybe be more useful. But because Java allows you to decide what version to play on, many have chose to stick to the 5 year old version that is 1.8 and not play any of the newer versions when on servers specifically (even though on Mineplex 1.8 combat mechanics are preserved). This is why Skyfall didn't do that well in the long run because only those in 1.9+ could play it. So it's very hard to make a successful game for newer versions like 1.14.

Posted Feb 28, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 29, 2020
  4. Mineplex actually did try to make a game based off of a specific version, Skyfall. It was removed along with other various games due to the lack of inactivity. With basing things off of 1.14, I, unfortunately, don't see this working as well. I personally use 1.8.9 along with Labymod. With that being said, a lot of people even use the 1.7 animations if they're given the ability. If anything, players are wanting to go down the versions instead of moving upwards, so I don't believe a "new minigame that have features of the new Minecraft 1.14" would attract a lot of players. In my opinion, I think games based off the styles of the popular game mode might be their best bet with attracting players. I'm also a player who agrees with bringing back UHC. Various players left the netwok due to its removal along with a large majority of current players wanting the games return. If you have any ideas on how Mineplex can attract players as you'd like, I recommend coming up with ideas in order to help the team.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  5. i dont think we're on the same road thought but i respect u guys :/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2020
    honeuy | liv likes this.
  6. Your idea of making games for more recent versions just wouldn’t work. It has been tried before with a game called Skyfall, which failed due to a lack of players. If i had to estimate, I’d say 3/4 of the Mineplex player base still plays on 1.8, meaning that putting time and effort into a game that virtually no one would play, just doesn’t make sense. Moreover, you suggest survival; however, Mineplex has and most likely will be a mini-game server, so if you’re looking to play survival, you have unfortunately looked in the wrong place.

You mention above that your post has become misconstrued and that everyone that has responded is on the wrong track, but that you respect their opinions, which is fine, but most of our “opinions” are fact. What I, and many others have stated, has been proven by the failure of games, like Skyfall. Also, the reason we are messing up on your main point is because of how hard your original post is to read. It makes it incredibly hard to read and comprehend a post where you use “u” instead of “you”. Obviously I am kinda of proving your point right by getting off topic, but I just wanted to give you a pointer as with the current state of your original post, I don’t anyone like admins or leaders would be able to incorporate the changes you describe.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    fallacious likes this.