• 381 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2960 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Monthly Illuminated Chests for Eternals with all cosmetics (Poll)

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by DietSugar, Nov 21, 2018.

?

Would you like one of these changes?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2018.
  1. Yes, Requesting that your monthly Illuminated chests are changed to Mythical chests

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Yes, Adding the warning for opening Illuminated chests with all the possible cosmetics

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No, I don't want any of these changes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. I know several players including myself who have all the cosmetics you can get from Illuminated chests and now they're stuck getting chests they can't use at all. I seen a couple ideas on how to fix this. Like having Eternals with all the cosmetics making a request to get their 2 monthly Illuminated chests changed to 2 Mythical chests. This makes the monthly bonus 1 Omega chest and 4 Mythical chests. Another idea I've seen was making a warning when you go to open Illuminated chests saying "You have all the cosmetics from this chest, opening this chest will result in a duplicate. Are you ok with this?"

Just a thought.

Posted Nov 21, 2018
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  2. Well again if you have all cosmetics from illuminated. Whats the point of opening mythicals chests?

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  3. I don't know if you're confused or if I am reading this wrong. But the illuminated chests are made to make you receive cosmetics you don't have already. There is no chance of getting a dupe with an illuminated chest as long as you have some cosmetic you haven't received yet. The mythical chest, in my opinion, has a higher chance of giving you a duped cosmetic. So changing your 2 illuminated chest to mythical wouldn't be smart because like that you aren't guaranteed a new cosmetic like you are with an illuminated.

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  4. This is for people that have all the cosmetics and are getting useless Illuminated chests they can't use. You get duplicates from Mythical chests at least.
    --- Post updated ---
    You get duplicate shards that can be used to get Holiday cosmetics.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2018
  5. I know how illuminated works. I just dont understand why you need to open mythicals if you already have all cosmetics from illuminated.
    --
    I saw that you updated your post. Yeah sure you can use mythicals to get shards for holiday chests, but what profit would mineplex make out of them if you could just easily get shards from mythicals and not buy them from website site. This would ruin the point of griding shards for holiday chests and also would leave mineplex with no profit as all eternals would just get shards from mythicals for new chests.

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  6. You get duplicate shards that can be used to get Holiday cosmetics
    Mineplex wouldn't gain anything other than making some players happy.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2018
  7. Yeah sure. A lot of players would be happy but again, getting the holiday chests using shards is supposed to be challenging rather then not playing server at all and opening mythical chests each month to get shards

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  8. Ahh, I see okay then it makes sense. At least in this way, you can get some shards for grinding or other newer cosmetics to come out. Its smart and I will certainly put this on our trello board.

Posted Nov 21, 2018
  9. I think it may be a wise idea to allow us to switch our monthly bonuses, although, I can see this becoming a bit messy and unneeded. The thing is, if we change our chests then the players will get confused, you may get confused and the values of the chests don't always add up, I can see flaws with just adding this but it would be a nice idea to allow this frustration to go away.

I think this will make chests and eternal ranks more tempting to purchase, and give the more experienced & 'kitted out' players chance to get more from their rank.

Posted Nov 21, 2018