• 1189 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9627 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Monthly Event Games?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Luxford, Aug 19, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex Bring Back some old games somehow?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. I've been doing a lot of thinking recently on how to bring more players (whether old or new) back to the server, and I noticed a lot of players left once the server condensed games.

What if Mineplex brought back a different removed game per month? They could have a special NPC with the game and then just like the regular NPC's click on it and join a lobby. I feel like this would be a super simple way to bring back some joy and nostalgia into Mineplex. Games like Minestrike SG, Wizards, Castle Seige, and many more could hold the spotlight for a month, have their own lobbies and such. If proven popular by players, maybe they could add it back in? I digress, but I feel like this again would be a very simple way to bring back some players

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    DumbP, Jango_55, jollybrine and 2 others like this.
  2. This could be implemented as an alternative to the old gem fountain

+1

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  3. I remember this - I think Mineplex did something like this for their 5th anniversary, it was called Classic Cow if I'm not wrong. The games would only last for a week, but I think this could definitely provide some throwback and/or nostalgia feels. I'm all for it!

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  4. I think this would be cool, but in the past they've sorta already done this with the classic cow except in my opinion, it didn't exactly work out and not many people took interest. I feel like the long queuing problem would occur again, especially for a game like Castle Siege, which probably would require 20 or 40+ players to start. When they brought back Skyfall for like two weeks I remember being extremely hyped along with some of my other friends but evidently, games barely filled up even on the weekends at times when most players were on. The same went for super paintball (when it was removed), wizards, dragons, and pretty much every other game they added back to classic cow. You would be lucky to even find one game that would start. It just doesn't seem like the community cares all that much for old games, and if they do, not enough were queuing for a game from the classic cow.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  5. I mean, you suggest a month. Classic cow was only a week, and most games didn't even fill up then like divine said above. We even announced and had polls for the next game in discord, 300+ people usually voted and you only got around 5-30 people that actually played any of the games. I think your idea is literally classic cow, except it lasts longer. I don't think we'll be spending the resources and time to do this sadly after what Emily said.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Unfavorited and Jaekub like this.
  6. Heyo!
    First off, I would like to explain that the Classic Cow had got added after all the old games had been removed, which was last year's new hub. For the first few weeks, everybody loves playing the games, but as time went on it kind of died out. This was the problem with it.

Whilst this would be a good feature to add again, I feel as if it would need a few change added to it. One of the first things that would have to be done would be hyping it up more. I feel it wasn't as hyped as it was meant to be at first. Now that Mineplex has gone without this feature for a while, I think a lot of people would like to have these nostalgiac games back. Something else that would have to change would be the rotation of them, I forgot the exact time it took for them to switch off but it should be weekly since there is a lot of games. Something that could happen as well would be adding multiple into one week (like 5 casual ones, 5 medium ones, 5 hard ones, hopefully you understand).

Overall, this would be great to add back onto the network with minor changes. I hope this helped!

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  7. Yes, I swear to god. YES, I used to play the minecart game they had, It was such a long time ago before they just removed it, that is also kinda why I didn't play on that sever all that much, but I think the events like that will draw in new or old people, since the events ( long time ago again ) they removed and I would always come and play those because in my young mind they where just super fun. So I say this would be a very good idea too be able to bring back old disposed games for a couple of weeks or something like that, Too give people A thought of what games they had back then or just too remember that they had where super fun entertaining games back then. Please Bring back the old games.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  8. Yes, I'd love to see something like "Classic Game of the Month" implemented and I love the idea of it... But we need to figure out how to implement it in a way that would actually be popular so games will fill up. Like @Marzie mentioned above, it's not worth putting in the resources for something that will not fill up.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  9. Well, yeah, classic cow existed but as divine said - it wasn't really effective. I don't think there are any plans to bring it back right now because of different reasons, including dev time and the games not being popular. It would be cool to bring them back though but I'm not sure if it would really work. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  10. I mean the idea would only work if it was advertised properly and hyped up. I say this because classic cow COMPLETLY lacked that. Because of that, it wasn't filling up and died. Another issue I see with this is that most of the old games were removed because they had too many issues with them which would take a lot of time to fix. Because of that alone, I think it wouldn't work well.

I do like the idea though, but there needs to be a way to make sure it goes smooth so that players are interested in it and wants to play it and stay with it.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  11. You can simply play Nano Games because they have that in there
    Heyo!

As @Unfavorited said above me, the games were removed for a reason. Plus, they shouldn't spend a lot of time making old games return to the server, but instead could be using their time for updates that will benefit Mineplex in a way.
    I really like the idea. I do, but it would take time for Developers. If the idea doesn't get popular, then Developers wasted their time for something that doesn't benefit Mineplex, but could of been doing something that could of benefited the server, more than this.
    Have a great day!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  12. It’s great to have monthly event games, but Classic Cow wasn’t effective enough to draw player’s attention. Most of the players didn’t play Classic Cow in the past. Maybe they don’t have their interest at all. I’d wish we could host the event games, but without the event server, we wouldn’t have the opportunity overall. Developers may not have time to go through all the bug fixes for old games.

My only concern is that how are we able to get the players participate the monthly event?

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  13. This sounds like a very good idea. Over the years Mineplex has removed our favorite games and I'd love to see each and every one of them return someday even if it's only limited time for like a month or so. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Posted Aug 29, 2019