• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Monster Maze Semi Invisible Players

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Animalll, Jan 11, 2019 at 2:41 AM.

1. Animalll

Animalll

Hey!

As someone who loves Monster Maze, there's one improvement that I think is necessary to add.. Making the players Semi visible. I think that making the players semi visible will make the game so much easier, as you aren't inside another players body if you are taking the same route to the next safe square. I think there may have been other threads on this? I'm not too sure. I don't think this would affect any kit too majorly. The snowball kit is the only kit that could be affected, but I don't think it would be affected too heavily, as you can still see other players. If you have any concerns or suggestions please let me know!

Posted Jan 11, 2019 at 2:41 AM
  2. JAEKUB

JAEKUB

I like this idea. I always have this problem when I play monster maze.

Posted Jan 12, 2019 at 3:27 PM
    xHyee likes this.
  3. AyyDaniel

AyyDaniel

Hey Animalll!

I really like the idea you've suggested. I feel like it would improve Monster Maze in a significant way. Maybe you can have a customization setting for that. In conclusion, I really like the suggestion.

Posted Jan 12, 2019 at 4:23 PM
  4. Lesot

Lesot

Like others have said above, this is one of the problems with Monster Maze. I hate when I am not one to be able to see very good due to it being the beginning of the game or so forth. I believe an update of this nature is needed and will have to be balanced to make sure the Snowball kit isn't affected and leading to it being useless.

Posted Jan 12, 2019 at 4:38 PM
  5. Tea

Tea

Heya!

I really like this idea! I’m not a huge fan of Monster Maze, however I like to play it sometimes and this is one of this things that kind of bugged me. I also like your suggestion that it should be “Semi invisible” and not fully, since if everyone was fully invisible it could really effect the snowball kit. Really nice suggestion!
    +1 for this idea!

Posted Jan 12, 2019 at 7:52 PM
  6. _Prof_

_Prof_

I'm so glad someone has finally mentioned this! I used to play Monster Maze a whole bunch but because the players are 100% visible, it annoys me every time I get screened. It doesn't get any more frustrating when you're walking off the edge just because your vision is blocked. It's not part of the game play to block the view of other players as that really drifts Monster Maze away from skill. It should be like Dragon Escape where the game has a similar objective but the skill aspect plays a bigger factor in the game play because the players are semi-visible, not being able to screen others.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jan 12, 2019 at 9:46 PM,
    Last edited Jan 12, 2019 at 11:00 PM
  7. Pancake_7

Pancake_7

I really like this. Seeing players is definitely an issue and semi visibility could definitely help. Hopefully this feature is added!

Posted Jan 12, 2019 at 10:14 PM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. xUmbrella

xUmbrella

I totally agree with this idea - I myself play Monster Maze often and I think that making the players semi-visible would be very helpful and would overall make sense. Games like Dragon Escape have players semi-visible, so why not add it for Monster Maze? The only problem I see with this idea is that some players might think it's too easy, but I think that would be a small number of people.

It can get pretty annoying when players are standing in front of you, especially when you're waiting for the next round to start and you're trying to see where the beacon is. I'd imagine that this wouldn't take overly long to implement, and it could be pushed out with a smaller update. +1

Posted Jan 12, 2019 at 10:40 PM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. NoHacksAllowed

NoHacksAllowed

Amazing Idea, was just playing Monster Maze today and noticed it was hard to plan where I was going next when there was 10+ people at the first platform.

+1

Posted Jan 12, 2019 at 11:22 PM
  10. ImKristo

ImKristo

That's a smart idea. Would love to see semi-invisible players in Monster Maze for the future.

Posted Jan 13, 2019 at 4:18 AM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. Unfavorited

Unfavorited

Something like this was already talked about beforehand. Monster Maze is a discontinuing game on the network, only available in MPS. At first, T3 told us that it is more than likely that Monster Maze wouldn't receive an update for that reason. Dean made it clear that sure that's part of the reason, but It doesn't mean it is not getting an update. So In general, it's just a possibility.
    In my opinion, +1. It would be a lot easier and fewer chances of falling into lava because you couldn't see.

Posted Jan 15, 2019 at 6:37 AM
    neropatti and _Prof_ like this.
  12. z609

z609

As @Unfavorited stated, Monster Maze is a discontinued game on the network and might not receive many updates, if at all. However, I will say that this particular suggestion would help improve the strategy aspect of the game, so +1 in my opinion.

Posted Jan 15, 2019 at 7:44 AM
    Unfavorited likes this.
  13. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

As unfav said here, we were told by Dean it may still continue to receive updates in the future, so I wouldn't loose hope on that! Either way, I really hope Monster Maze does get this as it definitely benefits people who play in first person view.

Posted Jan 15, 2019 at 8:12 AM
    Unfavorited likes this.
  14. leo_thya

leo_thya

There’s an easy fix to the snowballer issue: only make player semi-visible when they are close enough to you.

Posted Jan 15, 2019 at 8:19 AM