• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mods should be able to tp to players at any time, without permission.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Mrs, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Mrs

Mrs

I apologize in advance if this should be somewhere else.

I think in order to do their jobs successfully, mods in Survival mode should be able to tp to players at any time. I say they should even be allowed to be invisible.

Spoke with Pandafyre today. People were brazenly speaking about the buying/selling/wants/needs of God items and other such bannable items, right in front of her! She needs evidence of such things, so how come she would have to wait for permission from a player to be able to tp to them, to witness things? Right now I feel that her hands are tied and she is not able to enforce the rules. Because of this, there is a loss of respect for mods - thus the brazen behavior.

As a player, I like to work for stuff. I don't care too much about these God items/hacked items except that people use them to abuse other players, kill/trap players, create awful amounts of lag with all of the things they spawn.... which makes some people lag out of the server. Not cool. I have a friend who deals with this quite frequently. It's very annoying.

If you want respect, you must be able to enforce the rules. The more the rule is enforced, the more people fall in line and respect the mod and the rules. Empty threats do nothing but embolden those who would seek to break the rules. If they don't get caught, then why would they stop? If the mod has to ask permission to tp - they will either be denied or killed or only brought about when there's nothing to witness.

Also - it would save a lot of time if you all can cut out the middleman - the players. If you have to wait for evidence for other players, then review it, then talk about it, then make decisions, then try to enforce the rule when you see the other player on - that's just inefficient. Let the mods have direct access to checking in on people. They can record the evidence themselves and take immediate action. It would save everyone a lot of frustration, time, effort, etc.

@PandaFyre

Posted Oct 8, 2018
  2. I agree, but mods do have some abilities, I won't mention because it needs to stay private, but they are limited in some aspects, bedrock/Microsoft I believe is what makes some of the limitations, and survival is being worked on to make better. People are getting banned, it just isn't being publicly known, but yes it's obvious others have not yet, I would say it's a matter of time before they are dealt with, it does push people away from survival because of some of the issues, but they have fixed some issues that have brought people back in survival.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Mrs likes this.
  3. xPossum

xPossum

I actually am a huge advocate for this change, but I could be biased because I'm staff. I had a similar situation the other day when a player asked me to help them deal with a hacker in Survival who was killing them with a flame bow, and I couldn't do anything since they wouldn't accept my tp request. I felt very discouraged and like I was letting them down which is not something I want. I can't talk to much about mod commands, but I do know this is physically possible and I believe at one point discussed but decided against since at the time item spawning was not an issue. Now that it is though I can definitely see this being a positive change.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Mrs likes this.
  4. And, mods should be able to use /tp <playername> random. this can be used to send a griefer to a random location far from who they are griefing. Because, sometimes getting rid of them is all that is needed to be done. It can also be used, on request, to help a player to find a new place to build.

Posted Nov 5, 2018
    Mrs likes this.
  5. Ender Rivka

Ender Rivka

I agree. It would certainly be easier to for staff to be able to /tp to other players. Other commands like /ganemode are not given to staff because there will always be some bad apples, but /tp is a perm that could seriously help ban hackers, without to many possibilities for abuse.

Posted Nov 5, 2018
    Mrs likes this.
  6. Airee

Airee

Just have a moderation mode that TPing is enabled for.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  7. SilvosTM

SilvosTM

I'm not fully knowledgeable when it comes to the bedrock side of things, therefore, I went ahead and got a response from Toki regarding your idea. She stated that it likely won't be a possibility as it has the potential to easily be abused. Unlike java, they don't have the same ability to track abuse on bedrock.

Posted Nov 6, 2018
  8. Mrs

Mrs

Devs... I beg of thee... FIND A WAY

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 6, 2018
    Blue_Ouija likes this.
  9. Dva

Dva

This is a great suggestion. I imagine it must be difficult for staff members on Bedrock to moderate the use of illegal/spawned items if they can't exactly TP without approval from the person they want to TP to and see what's taking place. I understand that the command could be abused, but I've talked to a few Bedrock staff members who I know moderate Survival on a daily basis and want nothing more than to improve the experience for players that play legitimately.

Maybe the ability to TP could be given to Mods+ or certain staff members that they know will not abuse the command? They could also give those staff members the ability to change to Creative mode so they can destroy stuff like Bedrock if it's being used to trap players or ruin builds. Survival is a fun gamemode, but it has loads of problems that I think could be solved if staff are given more tools and commands to fix what needs to be fixed.

Posted Nov 7, 2018
    Mrs and IsJustaGhost like this.
  10. PandaFyre

PandaFyre

Im going to add to the things stated above here but before I do, i'm not allowed to reveal some information due to our staff policy, but I will do my best to explain what we can do.

In regular games, we can spectate players so we can watch players who we suspect are breaking the rules. It's the same on java, just the bedrock one is different. When in this mode we are able to watch players without interacting in game, and we are invisible to regular players so we can get our job done.

The issue becomes on survival mode which is split in to many servers, is that we need to be on the same survival server as the player we want to watch if we want to observe what's going on so we need to do a bit more work to get to where we need to. We don't have access to a /tp command, so if we would like to teleport to a player we need to use the command block like everyone else.

This can lead to issues with getting evidence for players breaking the rules. If we tp to them they know a moderator is watching, or we risk loosing items by being killed by a trap or an OP item which again, can also lead to a punishment. Or if we take the staff mode route, we could sit there for a while and see no action by the player in question.

Either way, we can still get the evidence required to punish players breaking the rules, but with a direct TP command, we are able to get there immediately without worrying about the player denying our TP requests, or missing some evidence due to trying to find what server the player is in.

A solution that can help with all of this is players on the server record evidence WHILE the player is breaking the rules. Not the aftermath such as a griefed base, or the player running around with an OP bow but not using it. For any of these hacking/game play offences we need video evidence in order to properly punish the player, in which a bedrock RP member will process the report and deny or accept it if it's sufficient.

One more thing to keep in mind, there's not many staff on the bedrock server, and by player to staff ratio there's too many players to keep track of at once for trolling, spamming, and even using OP items to their advantage which are all punishable offences. Its difficult to keep up with all of the demands

Posted Nov 7, 2018
    Mrs and ImFirewalker like this.
  11. Mrs

Mrs

YES PLEASE

Mods being able to destroy:
    As a player it's really frustrating and straight out incredulous when there is something built by a player that a mod nor admin can tear down. IT ISN'T RIGHT! I agree wholeheartedly with this post. SURELY at least ADMINS should get to tear crap down someone has made in a claim if mods can't do it. There actually was an inappropriate build, made from bedrock, on bedrock survival server.... and no one seemed to be able to take it down! Another was cobble, same thing. NOT OK!

And dang it -if a mod starts abusing their power - the players should be able to report them.

But let's not tie their hands and expect them to do a job without having the tools to do it!

And if a mod were to need to destroy inappropriate stuff or a griefer's damage or whatever.... they give video supporting what they are doing and why. Just like we players do for our reports. And they have to post such videos on a thread only other mods can see - so mods can help mods stay in line - accountability.

But really, you had to have put some kind of trust in a mod for them to be a mod in the first place.

If the mods can enforce the rules already laid out, then our servers will be all the better for it. Those that "do whatever everyone else is doing" will not, as they do not want the consequences and those that are malicious will be caught and punished. But if no one enforces rules, no one is going to follow em. Cuz that's life.

RESETTING?! - Enforce the rules! Daily Message
    I am a big time builder. I came from another server where resets were a constant problem and no one wanted to build anymore. I have worked very hard to build a LOT since I've been here. A reset would be an easy way to give a clean slate but omg.... the amount of time put into building, just to be washed away. And the hours of digging sand and smelting into glass and mining and all those things - as I try to be as legit as possible. It just sucks.

Why not do things in steps?

Like.... Step 1: Put up a message of the day that everyone can see every time they enter survival giving people a deadline in which they have to get rid of all GOD items, duping machines, etc. And that anyone caught advertising the sale of such goods, caught giving away or trading such goods will have their items/homes, whatever destroyed and/or confiscated.

Or perhaps a message that says straight out that the items are illegal in Mineplex and that those caught advertising, trading in, gifting in, and using such objects will be punished with a specific type of punishment. (like maybe a 1 day ban - for every instance they have been caught doing such a thing.)

Or maybe a mod can /kill that player and whatever is left behind, they lose forever to the lava monster.

Then players can screenshot/video users with items, and make the reports and people will start falling in line. There are a great number of players who are totally decent and only use such items because it's unclear to them whether it's against the rules or not, and whether it's enforced.

Maybe you don't like the punishments I said - but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water here.... A daily message should ABSOLUTELY be made in regards to making it very clear what will happen.

I would not be fully opposed to discussion regarding the warning of a full restart and everyone losing everything, if the rules were not obeyed. I don't like it but... we need solutions.

In another post of mine, https://www.mineplex.com/threads/god-items-lets-get-clear-on-this.10553/

DarkNinja2004 states: "Please note that if the item hacked in is a weapon, or armour, then they will be banned for item spawning which is a severity 3 hacking offence (upped by RC). "

Most people DO NOT know how to video/record/screenshot nor do they participate on forums. A large number of these players are just kids and they go along with what everyone else does.

Let's at least state in a daily message WHICH items are not acceptable, and the Severity 3 Hacking offense - the punishment for that .

"For all Severity 3 Client Offenses, no warning is given. You will be automatically banned if you break a Severity 3 client offence.

~Movement Hacking

~Using any form of hacks that are related to movement which can completely ruin gameplay.
    [Bedrock Only] Using spawned in items that hurt other player’s experience. (OP weapons, etc)

You will be banned instantly, without a warning."

https://www.mineplex.com/rules/#wwwMpTabs-3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2018
    RoeiHardCool and ImFirewalker like this.
  12. A short post, for now.

How many of the players have ever been to this website?
    How many that have, had made any attempt to find rules?

I only found Mineplex.com when I got frustrated at trying to find a way to view my in-game stats. I still can't, but that's another topic.
    I sure didn't come here thinking, "I wonder what the rules are?". Nope, that came later. My guess is that most players never see anything past the game servers. There is nothing on the servers that give any information besides; how to add a friend, that it's in early development, where to apply to be a staff, and what to do if you get kicked from a game. I really dislike the try-to-figure-it-out-on-your-own method when it comes to how to play a game.

Posted Nov 7, 2018
    Mrs likes this.
  13. PandaFyre

PandaFyre

That's an Issue that I myself noticed when it came to bedrock, many of the players have never read the rules. When you are on the server, it's not widely known by a lot of the younger players that the forums exist, and that there are rules here that they need to follow in game, ( hence most of the spam in survival such as the "TP TO ME, I HAVE GOD ITEMS ITS NOT A SCAM!!!!" type of spam/caps) and even some of the rule breaking such as duplicating items in cakewars.

It would help if we add something in game like the "punch a player to find out more about them" or the "how to start a party" broadcasts with a message explaining to read the rules at mineplex.com/rules and that the forums exist for player reports, idea's and discussion about the server.

As of now, you can see the amount of Java players on the forums vs the amount of bedrock players who are on the forums, and it's a pretty big difference.

When it comes to a younger audience, like IsJustaGhost said above, the try-to-figure-it-out-on-your-own method doesn't work too well, as you can figure out the basics of the server, but you don't know the rules, you don't know how to report players and you don't even know that you can post your own ideas on the forums if you have an account.

This is definitely something I would like to see improved on in the bedrock community, but i totally agree with you

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    Mrs, factionsBR and RoeiHardCool like this.
  14. I have mentioned to admin and mods about adding in main lobby chat a quick message about mineplex.com and it's features like reporting, game info, it says in main chat now "apply for staff at mineplex.com" so my idea was to broadcast people to go check out mineplex.com, my idea seemed to be taken as something they will consider. I believe a small ad like that on main lobby or even game lobbies will help to let people know about the website, and that it's more than for just applying for mod.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    Mrs likes this.
  15. Mrs

Mrs

I am also guilty of not always reading the rules ahead of time.

I figure - I don't hurt people, I don't hack, I don't use mods, I don't kill people and animals or grief and destroy so what else is there that I could possibly get in trouble for?

I think a lot of people feel that way. I think I didn't read the rules til I had to report someone for the first time.

Anywho. Btw... any mod can tp to me at any time. If I repeated myself then oh well. lol... I do that.

:squint:

Also @PandaFyre I would love it you could "Slap an NPC" or "Beat Carl the Creeper with a Closed Fist" and then get the rules.

Perhaps there should be a room people are TP'd to the very first time they enter mineplex that makes them take a moment to read the rules, press a button when done, they get sent to the lobby. And then make it to where you can push a button in the lobby to be transported to the Rule Room.

Perhaps as incentive you can get 15 free throwable tnt gadgets for going in and reading the rules etc. Some people may only go in, not read the rules, get the one time deal of 15 tnt.... but... they have no excuse when they are told they broke a rule.

I think the Rule Room or Welcome Wagon Room or whatever - should have different NPCs that explain:
    ~how to record depending on your device, how to report to the forums (encouraging people to actually write this info down so they can use it later), ~the rules, etc.
    ~ Something telling you how to use the various items in your inventory.... ~Maybe some kind of FAQ thing.

FOR EXAMPLE:
    HOW DO YOU USE THE TRICKS FROM TRICK OR TREAT??????
    I want to startle my friends lol.....

OMG and Gwen :gwen: the anti hack guardian can have a MASCOT! :o Maybe she says funny things when you click on her, all stupid puns about hackers and stuff. Random factoids about fish and squid, I dunno.

Ok ... this train of thought is like zooming.... out of control. So... I will end here for now.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 8, 2018