• 1818 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5393 Players Online
  • 3575 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Modded Hide and Seek

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, Apr 15, 2019.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This will stand out from the others cause there will be a mod which can shrink players to a size small enough to go through 1 block holes I know this can be coded, cause I've see this on YouTube videos before. So they can be Death Tag Maps, but there shouldn't be 1 block holes, cause you can go through them, and the seeker is normal sized, so that would make killing the hiders to seekers unfair. But, you can see their skin, so they stand out from blocks (unless you have the block hiding skins).

Posted Apr 15, 2019
  2. I don't think this would work. You can't make players install a mod to play a game. That wouldn't be fair. You could make a map a lot bigger than the players, similar to Bedroom on Death Tag. With this needing mods to play, I'm going to be giving this a -1.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  3. It's a similar issue to having a client-slide anticheat for Mineplex. I don't think I'd be too inaaccurate by estimating that around 50-60% of Mineplex's Java players play on vanilla Minecraft, without any mods installed. Probably around 20% of the remaining just use Optifine. The second you start to make people install mods in order to properly play the game, you lose a ton of players. The same thing happened with Badlion. A lot of people didn't want to have to use their client in order to play, so the server lost a lot of players and ultimately shut down. So, purely because I don't think a lot of people, if any, will play this, I'll give it a -1.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  4. Even without needing mods to play, having the map size the same with smaller characters would be incredibly difficult for the killers to find players. Also, if they're smaller, how would they navigate the map, hopping up and finding a good hiding space? I don't see this game being fair or played, so -1

Posted Apr 17, 2019
  5. Hi,
    Well I enjoy the concept behind this idea, it’s just I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t be making anyone install a mod in order to create this game. Even if we just disguised the players as chickens or something so they’re smaller, you’re still going to have issues because the player model is actually, it’s just how it appears visually. I’m just not sure how it could be done without mods that you’d have to install.
    Because it would likely have to have a mod in order to work, I’ll be denying this idea. If you can think of a way to do it without mods, feel free to let us know.
    If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Posted Apr 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.