• 3201 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13195 Players Online
  • 9994 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

modded combat

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by fallacious, Feb 29, 2020.

1. i agree that mineplex is an unique server and theres no server can be compare with but its just so hard for new player to start on base on how different pvp is in here , so i think maybe the unique combat could be remove bc its so hard to actually combo anyone here , they would just get away so much more easier than the normal pvp and all my skills , maybe a lot of other people would be completely useless , like w-tapping s tapping or strafe , its all useless in here , many people said mineplex is the most no-skill server bc of it , and it is

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  2. New players will have a hard time playing PvP on Mineplex because there are many good and well-experienced players here who have been playing for many years. The difference between a new player and an old player is that the old player is used to the game, and and a new player is not. Therefore, it is difficult for a new player to start combo players here as you said. What I would recommend to you or other new players, is to just play a lot. Dedicate some time to practice your skills, and eventually, you'll see progress.

It doesn't take you a few hours to get good, it can take years.

As I said earlier, playing on Mineplex requires skills and dedication, especially pvp based games, such as Survival Games, Cakewars, and Skywars. However, if you're playing games that do not involve a lot of pvp, such as Nano Games, Dragon Escape, Turf Wars and so on, then it doesn't require a lot of skill and you could say that some of the games are "no-skilled" games. But it's not the case for pvp based games.

So if you're struggling with playing pvp here, then I would just play and play until you'll get better, just as everything else, skills require practice.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    flameless likes this.
  3. Adaptation is a key skill that you need if you want to become good at anything. Things change, that's how life works. If you don't want to adjust to Mineplex, then you can stick to your comfort zone.
    It's difficult for a new player to start anywhere, but if you just deal with it and practice, I'm sure it will pay off and you will be acclimatised to the server in a matter of hours.
    This doesn't make sense.
    a) The uniqueness of a server defines the community and why people play on it.
    b) When push comes to shove, all combat on Mineplex boils down to basic Minecraft mechanics, besides some special cases in which mechanics have been slightly altered for the sake of a game.
    Not necessarily. Adapting your skill set to suit the minigames on Mineplex (as I said above) is key. Mineplex is known to be a break from constant competitive PvP. If you want to practice vanilla PvP, many other networks are out there which you can play on.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    SpitefulNick and Dan1el like this.
  4. y do i keep getting misconstrued on my post but btw i respect u guys :P sorry for not explained enough

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 29, 2020
  5. What was miscostrued?

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  6. well i meant , i am an experienced player who have a lot of pvp skill , so wat i was pointing here is there isnt so much thing we can do to this pvp mechanic since it doesnt take alot kb and the hit is much faster so its harder to keep the combo longer except u have like speed 3 so... as i said above pvp in here is something that is planned and wont be creativity for expericend player

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 29, 2020
  7. Agree w/ OP actually. Would be nice to see the knockback mechanics change to make w-tapping and the like more useful. As it currently stands, those only really serve as spacing tools, and can't be used to deal more knockback.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    Wiz2K and fallacious like this.
  8. I do agree that the mechanics should have some sort of adjustment, however I am currently not dissatisfied with most of the stuff regarding the PVP mechanics on Mineplex. Personally, I feel like the reason people might say it will take no skill to play on this server is simply due to its amount of cheaters.

High CPS over low CPS can account for a highly weighted advantage over an opponent. Depending on the CPS, it could alter your knock back by a huge amount. This is such to explain that auto clicking is easily a reason why it could be easy to be good at this game. Depending on how blatant it is, people can easily get away with auto clicking, and I feel like an adjustment to the PVP mechanics in Mineplex could try to prevent such an advantage like that.

There is really no such thing as a "Perfect" PVP system/mechanic that will make everyone satisfied. While I would want W tapping, etc to be a skill added to the server, There will always be a person that would want the opposite.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    fallacious likes this.
  9. eh I'm kinda in the middle on this. I do often find it obnoxious that damage= more kb so that comboing people with better gear is really hard to do. On the other hand, I feel like Mineplex's hit reg and kb tend to be far more consistent than servers that run vanilla mechanics, which is one of my top reasons for sticking with this server. I also kind of like that theres pretty much no vertical kb, as it makes it harder for people with insane cps to just straightline people. If it's a choice between the current system and say, the one the biggest server has, I'd pick this one by far, but I do feel like it could be better adjusted so that all damage does the same amount of kb (aside from specific game mechanics that warrant otherwise).

Would also like to point out that while I'm not a big pvp buff and don't know much about s-tapping, strafing is still very much essential to pvping on Mineplex, and while I usually don't w-tap, I've still had it work for me on this server, especially when fighting on a bridge or against frostings in cakewars.

Posted Feb 29, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 29, 2020
    fallacious, Fall and Im_Ken like this.