• 631 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10895 Players Online
  • 10264 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Mob Arena Leaderboard Change

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Jet Starglaze, Feb 28, 2021.

?

Would you like to see this added?

1. Yeah!!

2. No (comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey!

So I looked into how the mob arena leaderboards because it isn't that obvious at first glance.

It turns out that it's based on last man standing.

So that could be anywhere from 10 rounds to 100 rounds.

I think we should have something more consistent, like every 10 or 15 rounds passed, it's counted as a point/win for the leaderboards.

If it stays as last man standing, then if you want to play with friends, and you all want to stay alive, even if you reach round 100 it won't count as a win.

I think that it should be 10 or 15 rounds because it kinda reflects the system we have now(because you will probably be the last man standing around this round), but still encourages players to play on with the game.

I feel like this system makes more logical sense than last man standing.

let me know what you think about this.

Like and vote to show support!!

Thanks!!!

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Ryan9116 likes this.
  2. Hi Jet,

Respectfully, I'm gonna have to disagree with this. To me, last man standing is the logical way of awarding wins since, well, by dying last, you essentially claim first place, and thus, the win. While I can see why you'd want to try and get wins as a team, at the end of the day, only one person can be the victor of the game. Sorry, but I just don't see this happening.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Gil-galad and ForevrrFury like this.
  3. The team thing was just an extra point on top of the encouraging people to play longer instead of starting a new round every time. If 2 people in your lobby who are not partied get medic and survive to round 50, then it would be the same as people dying at round 5. It's just not very consistent.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Ryan9116, Kight and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  4. at round 14, 15 and 16 people start to die off. Maybe a change to this idea,is that the points going forward (like once you get to round 30 you get another point) would only happen if you are the only person alive. That would both encourage players to player for longer in the same game, and it would follow the last man standing rule?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Kight and Ryan9116 like this.
  5. See now that's falling into a sort of "win-farm" where there's minimal effort given and their win count still goes up relatively quickly. The whole point of getting the win is that you worked to surpass all of the other players, and I just don't see how incorporating a round-based mechanic for awarding wins could be of use. Maybe an in-game rewards bonus if that isn't already implemented, like a bonus 500 xp or 50 gems/shards, but I'm iffy on switching up how we clock wins on the leaderboard.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Gil-galad likes this.
  6. Hello! I personally disagree with this suggestion. I feel like the leaderboards should reflect wins. Like @zapig said, the definition of "winning" in Mob Arena is that you achieve first place by dying last. I don't think that a points system would be necessary, and that kind of breaks away from the idea of wins. I don't really know many people on the leaderboards, but I'm sure that they all spent effort playing tons of rounds of mob arena. People can still play in the high rounds just for fun, but I just don't agree with making that the leaderboard score. -1 from me.

Posted Mar 1, 2021
    Gil-galad and zapig like this.
  7. I will be marking this thread as Not Planned and locking it.

Game Insights has denied this - "last man standing" makes sense for Mob Arena, as, in the end, there can only be one victor. Others have also mentioned this above.

Mob Arena will, however, be getting an additional leaderboard for it, hopefully, as mentioned in the BR Achievements, Stats, and Leaderboards Proposal. The proposed new leaderboard, alongside most wins by last man standing, is "highest round survived". In my opinion, I feel this sort of encourages teamwork as it's much easier to reach higher rounds with the helps of others. You are free to leave your feedback on the thread as well!

Anyways, unfortunately, due to the negative feedback, and official denial by GI, we will not be considering this at this moment in time. Thanks for suggesting!

Thread Locked ➵ Not Planned

Posted May 16, 2021
    zapig and CloudyDay1234 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.