• 319 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2403 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mob Arena Boss Battles

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by OrangeGamer18, Oct 18, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yeah bois

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah, I stink

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey guys! I know that bedrock just got a Mob arena update, but I had an idea. What if there were bosses? They would appear every 6-7 rounds and would be powerful than other mobs. Here are my ideas:

1. Skeletron - A mutant skeleton who shoots 3 arrows at a time
    2. Zombarton - A mutant zombie who summons a bunch of baby zombies
    3. Slimelord - A mutant slime who launches slime and knocks players of there feet and into the sky

What are your options? And what are your boss ideas?

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  2. I don't play on bedrock but it does sound like a good idea! I do think you might need to add more detail into the bosses before this cohld be implemented though. Good luck and I hope this can get added!

-Korben

Posted Oct 19, 2019
  3. Hey there!

This sounds awesome. I love playing Mob Arena, it's probably one of my favorite games on the Bedrock platform. Seeing a twist added would spice up the game by a ton and I'd definitely be in favor of adding special bosses as the game can turn repetitive with the same mobs just getting tankier and tankier. Definitely a +1, you've also got some nice names for those bosses!

Thread moved to Bedrock Ideas

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  4. Yo,

I’ve always thought Mob-Arena was lacking in terms of enjoyment. I think adding something like this would spice the game up and give players something to look forward to in the coming rounds for preparation. Along with the mutant mobs you suggested, I think harder mobs that are currently in Minecraft would be cool to see. I can't imagine how hard a game of fighting off tons of wither skeletons would be. I'm gonna add this idea to the ideas board which you can find it here. Have a good day!

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    jxcb and Mystic 0440 like this.
  5. Heyo!

With Mob Arena only having normal mobs every round, I feel this would make the game a lot more challenging and entertaining. Fighting the same mobs over and over again can become repetitive, so bosses could help shake things up a little bit. The slime one you've mentioned seems very overpowered, but it could work as well If possible, the giant from Java edition could be on Bedrock which summons a lot of zombies until it is dead, and the skeleton could be changed to something more powerful to balance things out. Instead of 6-7 rounds, it could be every 5 or 10 rounds, just to make it more even. These could possibly also be more Mineplex related as well, but as for bosses in general, I really like the idea. With that being said, I'll leave this at a +1 for now as I believe it could benefit the game a lot. Have a nice day :)

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  6. Hey there!

I kind of like this. I do not play bedrock at all, really. A quick peek at my profile would tell you that I have 0 experience points and I am an amazing level 0. However, I can understand the concept of what you are saying, and I feel like I know enough about bedrock to comment on it.

I personally like this idea. Although I have never played mob arena, I know what both the game and the objective is. I have seem game-play of it before and I think that it is definitely an interesting concept. One thing I did actually notice when watching someone play is the lack of bosses. Bosses help distinguish between different waves and provide a challenge at the end of each wave to keep it interesting and fun. Halloween Havoc, for example, used bosses in between different steps of the game which helped create a natural flow and provided some challenge.

As @TooMuchXMas4You said, the giant from the Java platform would be a good boss to add as well. I also think that a witch boss would be cool too. Maybe it would spawn in minions every couple of seconds?

Overall, I really like this idea, and with a little more pizzazz I think it could really work out.

Anyways, it's a +1 from me, and have a great day :D

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  7. Technically mob arena already has boss rounds, they are the rounds with iron golems, wolves, and creepers, there are far less of the mob bosses than the other rounds, they use to be very easy then I think they got buffed a little bit it still isn’t enough and to me still very easy.
    Maybe make more of those bosses and make them faster would give more of a challenge, other bosses have been mentioned before in past threads like withers, ghasts, and a couple more, but those may make the game lag more and require players to get bows if they are not the ranger kit that gives you a bow.

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  8. Mob Arena just got an update my dude we need something different like Party System and Stats

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  9. Just because a game got recently updated doesn't mean we can give ideas for it. I know bedrock is in need of a complete quality of life overhaul with parties, stats, achievements, and the lobby, however, I don't want to let ideas like this go completely unnoticed.

Posted Nov 6, 2019
    jxcb and Mystic 0440 like this.
  10. That would make Mob Arena interesting, but my suggestion would be, the game places repeatively, meaning you know after x amount of rounds you get dogs, and then x you get iron golems, and then the creeper, if it wasn’t repeative you wouldn’t know which round any of them would come in. The mobs have been amp’d up so they have more speed, and their hit is increased, you will take a lot of damage if you don’t have food to carry you through the game vs getting the kit to have a bow, you can buy that in game, which you will have enough kills to do, but gaining food it harder so have the kit medic with cake is a more useful kit to sustain yourself and if you keep a teammate in game. Adding other bosses you be nice also, but it is the repetitiveness when they appear that make it boring to others. Me I just like the intense competition the game provides, the fact you have to be constantly thinking of where you go to get to a clearing is vital to your sustainable life in the game. So, I would give your suggestion a definite +1

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  11. I agree that Mob Arena can use some twists to make it a more appealing option for players. The ideas for some bosses you've presented are pretty interesting and would require further strategy and skill to take those mobs down. I feel these special mobs like these that are stronger than usual will make the game more challenging for some users as going around and killing regular monsters could get quickly repetitive and dull. Therefore, I am all for the added difficulty as these additions would force players to strategize in order to venture into higher rounds.

Posted Nov 10, 2019