• 1120 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9558 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Mixed Arcade Voting Lobby

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, May 13, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex add a mixed arcade voting lobby?

1. Yes

90.0%
  2. No

10.0%
  1. Mineplex should add an arcade lobby where you vote for the game you want to play out of 3 options like they used to have. The reason they should do this is because a lot of games don't have a community to get games started, such as bacon brawl, or one in the quiver. This will help revive these games and bring popularity to them. This should be something you'd be able to queue for and then join the lobby and vote for the game. If people don't want to play mixed games and only want a certain game, they can still queue for that specific game still like it is now.

Posted May 13, 2019
    ItsFree, CupAWup, MCCharity and 10 others like this.
  2. I’d love to see this back, or at least putting in the rotation again. I loved the mixed arcade varying games and most of the older ones that aren’t as popular have 0 players searching for it all the time, so if there was a way to revive Mixed Arcade’s older games. +1

Posted May 13, 2019
    Jaxxy and Hammuu like this.
  3. I was a big fan of Mixed Arcade back in the day, and it is unfortunate to see games like Evolution and Sheep Quest have zero players on them. While this suggestion is definitely a plausible solution, however, I'd much rather see Mixed Arcade lobbies with cycling arcade games. This is because if we implement a voting system, then all the popular games such as Dragon Escape will get all the attention, which is the case right now. I think everyone would be much happier if we were to have a cycle instead of a voting system. Regardless, I'd like to see whatever method it takes for Mixed Arcade to be fully optimized again.

Posted May 13, 2019
    SpitefulNick and oeod like this.
  4. yeah, they should either bring it back with voting or just cycle through

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2019
    SpitefulNick and Jango_55 like this.
  5. I'd rather see cycling than voting. Voting sucked, and while in theory, voting would work, the implementation was terrible.

Posted May 14, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  6. I've had so much fun playing these games, but like others have said above me, I would like to see cycling more.

Great idea though, so I'll give it a +1

Posted May 14, 2019,
    Last edited May 14, 2019
  7. Who voted no????????????????????????????????????????????? and why?

Posted May 14, 2019
  8. Hey!

As other people have stated, cycling was much better in my opinion. It will obviously be biased if you think about it. I'd rather see all games on rotation, then the same games over and over again. A 1 from me, but only if it's cycling, otherwise it won't be that efficient at all.

~Hiccuping

Posted May 14, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  9. To be honest, I’m fine with either the voting system or cycle of games, because I really want to see Mixed Arcade make a comeback. I used to play A LOT of Mixed Arcade back in the day, and I’m really disheartened to see that there are only a few arcade games that are played regularly. One of my favorite games, Dragons, has not really been played in a while and I haven’t played in months. I would definitely be fine with either the voting system or the game cycle, whichever one does a better job of bringing Mixed Arcade back.

Posted May 14, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  10. I personally miss how it used to cycle through. Currently, it makes a lot of sense that the more popular games would be played more, but this also means that other games that people enjoy may be overlooked and unplayable, as lobbies rarely fill. Personally, I haven't seen any games like Evolution, Snake, or Sheep Quest have enough players for a game to start, which is kind of disappointing because I know there are people who enjoy those gamemodes.

Sure, a lot of people don't like every single game in Mixed Arcade, but that's sort of why it's called Mixed Arcade, as the games are mixed together and everyone can take turns enjoying games that they like. Currently, the games feel a bit separated from each other, and it doesn't feel as much like MIN than it used to. I do think being able to queue specifically for the games you like is a nice feature, and it would be cool to see that mixed with the old way of cycling through the games somehow.

Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

Posted May 14, 2019
  11. I'm unsure about cycling. If Mixed Arcade uses a cycling system, the issue we have now will arise again. People aren't going to click on a Mixed Arcade lobby playing a game they don't like, such as unpopular games like Evolution and Sheep Quest. This will eventually kill a lot of the Mixed Arcade lobbies, which would not be fun for anyone.

Posted May 15, 2019
  12. This is kind of like Nano's unliked games. People sometimes mass quit or don't try in those certain games. However with Mixed Arcade I'm sure there are a group of people (including me) who want old games played but can never collectively get a lobby. Evolution and Snake are some empty games but in MPS I see it requested all the time.

If people don't like the game then at least they know it will end soon or they can go to a different Mixed Arcade lobby

Posted May 15, 2019
  13. For me being the mixed arcade leaderboard,I will probably like playing bomb lobbers dragon escape and gladiators only, although my last account was oitq leaderboard 1st but now I really don't like playing oitq,idk why I liked it back then lol

Posted May 15, 2019
  14. Hey there!

I would love to see this added I think it would be very useful and allow lobby’s to play what they want or feel like playing at that time so therefore +1.

Posted May 15, 2019
  15. Mixed Arcade was one of my favorite gamemodes to play, and with the revamp, it made it difficult to play some of my favorite games such as Evolution, Bomb Lobbers and One in the Quiver. I personally feel that the reason as to why Mixed Arcade declined in players is due to the removal in cycling (and voting) completely. If restored, which it seems as it's something that many people want, not only will more people go back to their roots of Mixed Arcade, but it'll give the currently neglected games a chance to be played with the select audience that enjoy it. It's also very flexible because after a game, you'd go to a lobby in which you could see/vote what game would be next, and if you didn't like it, you could simply leave the lobby and go to a new Mixed Arcade one.

As BuySomeApples stated, It would be interesting to see if it was possible to have the current queueing system along with cycling that way it meets in the middle with players who don’t like the cycling system. That way, it would be a compromise and Mixed Arcade could rise to have the prosperity it once had.

I'm all for this idea and hope it's something I can see again soon!

Posted May 15, 2019
    Hammuu likes this.
  16. Hi,
    I don't really have much to say here, other than +1. I completely agree with this idea and I'm excited to see Mixed Arcade come back. I think that by bringing back the cycling system it could definitely see a rise in players. Like @xUmbreon said above, many games nowadays aren't played because they simply aren't popular, but with the cycling system, all games are played equally. Definitely hope this gets implemented.

Posted May 15, 2019
  17. Mineplex had a slight spike in players when Mixed Arcade was made like this but it all went downhill from there. I thought giving more freedom to other players on what they want to play made the community happier but the player count progression since clashes with that analysis. Only games like Micro Battles, Turf Wars, Dragon Escape, Death Tag, and Super Paintball only really get enough players to start a game. One in the Quiver can start on a weekend afternoon. The voting system gave less popular games a chance to be played. If this were to be added back, there should be 5 games in rotation so it is less likely players do not just leave because they do not enjoy playing any of the games in vote.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 15, 2019
  18. Mixed arcade has always been one of my most favourite gamemodes. I love Nano, but sometimes you just want to play mixed and it's very difficult to do so now. I really miss playing games like bomb lobbers. It's a shame to see some games have 0 players because there are some really great games. You just don't want to play some of these games over and over again.

I agree on the cycling idea. Voting in mixed arcade is a good idea to some extent, however I think the way it was originally worked well and that's clear from how long we've had it and how many players enjoy it.

Overall, I think that Mixed Arcade could definitely do with some changing. It's such an amazing gamemode which is loved by many players and looking at the state of it currently is sad.

Posted May 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  19. I agree, if it comes back with voting or cycling im fine with it. I just think it'd be great to play games that dont have lobbies usually

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  20. Back in 2016 I used to play Mixed Arcade the most out of all games, it was just amazing. Of course Nano has taken over Mixed Arcade with it's unique games but Mixed Arcade will always be a classic and I'm totally for a voting system. Like other users have stated above, one of the reasons Mixed Arcade's player base declined is due to the loss of the cycling system.

The cycling system was one of the best things that happened to Mixed Arcade and it kept making me come back over and over. The fun part was that you'd never know what game would be next, almost like a mystery. Sometimes there were games that you hated but the point is that Mineplexians had the joy of playing all together.

If the cycling system returns to Mixed Arcade players will have the joy of playing games that they used to play back months or even years ago. There's about 230 players daily playing Mixed Arcade, and if you had the cycling systems games like "One in a Quiver," would rise to a good state of health.

Overall, I would like to see both voting and the cycling system added. So, I'll give this a huge +1

Posted May 15, 2019
    oeod likes this.