• 1059 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3638 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mixed Arcade Changes

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Cory, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Dear Mineplex,

For the past several months, I have hardly been able to play the games I play since your changes because they’re literally 0 people online in queue playing them. The games I specific games I play are Snake and Sheep Quest.

Now before I get berated for playing games that don’t have any players. I have to tell you their use to be a player base for all these games. I remember a time before “BUTCH” update, “VOTING” update when the “NPC” update was first introduced for games like Snake and Sheep Quest to have their very own NPC in the Lobby. There would have been many lobbies between all of them, all of them completely full. It’s even come to a point where I have gotten bored playing those games I play over a sitting period, and I have to take a break because I’ve played so much Snake and/or Sheep Quest because people WERE playing those games, and of course all other Mixed Arcade games were popular then too!

I’ve tried being sarcastic, commented in chat, and even replied on the original feedback site to get my point across, however, that became a dead end as my original idea was to “Bring Back NPCs” to the lobbies in order to “Bring Back Players” while I still like this idea, your approach of your Mixed Arcade is an okay one and I wanted to extend on that with “Additional Changes to Mixed Arcade”.

As of Saturday, December 7th, 2019 - Mixed Arcade now goes through the rotation order.

Bacon Brawl; Bomb Lobbers; Death Tag; Dragon Escape; Dragons; Evolution; Gladiators; Micro Battle; Milk the Cow; Monster Maze; Super Paintball; One in the Quiver; Runner; Sheep Quest; Snake; Sneaky Assassins; Super Spleef; Squid Shooter; Turf Wars; Wither Assult

Source: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/arcade-game-rotation.83122/

Show us the current/next game
    Do you remember when you were able to vote for games, and in the Lobby, you can see the next 3 games you can vote on before entering the Mixed Arcade? Well, I don't want the voting of the game implemented, I want to see the Current and Next Game in the queue from the Lobby.

Improvement to Server Merge (or another method aka "Arcade Party System")
    Let’s remove “Mixed Arcade”, Sort of! The idea I have is when you join a “Mixed Arcade” you’re joining games that are “ROTATIONAL”, and you as a “Mixed Arcade” queue (Kind of like a party system) you would always “Leave” with that Mixed Arcade group, however, you the players actually join a physical game. You won’t be joining “MIN-#” you would be joining the physical game that’s currently in rotation. For example, Snake was the next in the queue you would physically “Server Merged” into “SN-1” or other similar servers if those were occupied.

This would offer some benefits to Mineplex. No longer required of “MIN-#” servers per Se depending on your implementation.

- This would allow players who want to play Mixed Arcade still play Mixed Arcade.
    - This would fill games that usually have no players.
    - Players who are in the queue for games such as Snake can actually join a game of Snake, and not Mixed Arcade, however, will play with Mixed Arcade players.
    - Allows stats for all games in Mixed Arcade to be properly tracked.

Lastly, if a player is in a queue for Mixed Arcade, and wanted to stay in a particular game and remove themselves from the “Arcade Party” (Poetianal New Name) they would have a command and/or something in the Hotbar that will allow them to do so.

I would love to see both of these options added. I don't expect it anytime soon, however, I figure it's time for me to speak up because I would like to play some Snake, and for now I'll stalk Mixed Arcade for those rotational based games.

- Kind Regards,
    Cory

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  2. Hello,

I'm kind of confused of the point you're trying to get across here. I think it might be that you can view what games coming up next in the rotational order, if that's it it'd be a cool idea to be added for new players who don't know the rotational order off by heart. I think you need to explain your last part of the suggestion a bit more since I simply don't really get it, if you improve that I'll be sure to read it again.

Nice Idea, not too sure though +0.5.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  3. Show us the current/next game
    As it stands you would be joining many Mixed Arcade servers by typing "/sv MIN-1" or "/sv MIN-2" and trying to determine if you want to stay and wait for the next game to queue up. If you know the order you may likely stay to play a specific game, however, if you don't want to keep typing multiple commands a similar of "What's Current" and "What's Next" should be added somehow to Mixed Arcade.

This is a little more technical and I guess the point I'm trying to get across is to use Minexplex's "Dynamic Provisioning System" aka their "Server Merge" system that basically sends players to another Mixed Arcade if there aren't enough players to start the game.

Did you know you could do:
    - /sv SN-1
    - /sv SN-2
    - /sv SQ-1
    - /sv SQ-2

There is at least one server that exists and is ONLINE for all Mixed Arcade games. That's how the queue system works as it is.

The goal is to extend on to that and keep "Mixed Arcade" the way it is, however, utilize the resources that Mineplex DOES NOT utilize. The games are ONLINE, they ARE NOT being played MUCH, however, games in Mixed Arcade are essentially FORCED to be played and players do play games even if they don't care for them. The goal is to "Server Merge" people in the Mixed Arcade into "Physical Servers". The need for physical Mixed Arcade Servers "MIN-1" and "MIN-2" etc...Would no longer be required.

- Mixed Arcade Games would be played in the rotation.
    - Games that are always 0 would be filled.
    - Players who have been in the queue for a game for 7 months would actually be able to join an actual game without playing Mixed Arcade.

The "Arcade Party" idea is that's how it would likely become. You join a Mixed Arcade you're joining 16 other players~ to be in that rotation. Mineplex needs a way to keep your "Mixed Arcade" session alive to be able to rotate you into the next game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 8, 2019
    Xukuwu and zHalo like this.
  4. Hey,

Thanks for making it more clear.

Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  5. I think this could be a really good implementation. I feel that players should be able to see what the next games are because that would give the player time to see if they want to participate or not. Plus, either way, the players should just get to know. It's just a nice thing to have.

This is definitely a good idea as well. Games would fill more especially those more unplayed games. I also like the idea of leaving with the same people you started with. It would maintain a full lobby so you wouldn't have to worry about games not starting

Bringing my own personal opinion in this, I really enjoyed mixed arcade before the butch push. Games were being played and you also got to vote for them. I know many people didn't like that you could vote for the next games because players would vote the same game over and over, but it was still a nice thing to have. After butch, Mixed Arcade lost its value and I really want to see it come back since it's a really fun thing to play and great to pass the time.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  6. Show us the current/next game
    I can see both sides to this. As a player, I would totally want to see what the next game coming in would be so I be get ready to play it and have some fun. However, at the same time, I can also see a lot of players just leaving since they do not like the next game coming up, which goes back to the problem of some games not starting. Yes, you can just wait to see the kit selectors, but, at least from what I have seen, if players are already in the game lobby, they'll just stay through the game, similar to NANO since the next game just keeps coming.

I like this idea! I think that a lot more games would fill up more often since more players would be merged into these servers (and create new servers if needed) instead of just taking the servers from that one game and keeping them for the next. It would also mean that players are playing with difference players and, therefore, different skillsets from each of them leading to more exciting games.

If a player is in a queue for Mixed Arcade, and wanted to stay in a particular game and remove themselves from the “Arcade Party” (Potential New Name) they would have a command and/or something in the Hotbar that will allow them to do so.
    I also really like this idea! It would allow for players to continue to play the games that want and also allow for all of the games to have a steady player base.

Overall, I like the ideas you've presented. I totally agree with you that there are some major changes that need to occur with Mixed Arcade for it to stay present, so I hope that these make their way into the game in the future.

Posted Dec 9, 2019