• 1860 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10298 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Missile Wars 1.8 Remade (1.14+)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by erifyci, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Hey all-

I created a remake of Cubehamster and SethBling's minecraft 1.8 game "Missile Wars." The game is about destroying the enemy's base using slime block tnt missiles.

The 1.8 version is completely broken due to changes to commands in 1.13 and it is mostly broken in 1.12 too. So, I spent some of my free time re-writing all the command blocks as well as making some improvements and optimizations. As of currently, I have been working on the map almost every day, and I feel confident that the game would work on a widespread server again. (it is still on cubekrowd but 1.12 and used to be on minecrack, but was taken down I believe)

I will include some photos of the game, it is completely working automatically with no admin interaction. I am willing to tailor the game to your needs if you so choose.

-IcyFire (erifyci)

Sorry I dont know how to add photos the proper way
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617425927403601932/617425975424188586/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617425927403601932/617426216298741777/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617425927403601932/617426349942112308/unknown.png

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    OakStairs likes this.
  2. I was just about to say, why isn't this a game yet?

Then I realized where this was posted.

Honestly it sounds like a lot of fun. There's not a lot that's needed in terms of plugins or commands since redstone does 80% of it all. It'd make for some fun maps to build around that, too. Only problem I could see with this idea would be making players with particularly bad computers lag.

It's a shame nobody else posted here, this sounds like it's got some potential

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    erifyci likes this.
  3. I've actually seen some YouTubers play this sort of game mode before. It looks like a really fun game mode and I hope that Mineplex will add this. One little issue would probably be lag for some players. Anyways good video and editing, hope this will get added.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    erifyci likes this.
  4. Gotta say, I remember playing this game with a friend and having a blast. I was so sad when it was removed from realms. I will say having it require 1.14 for players to play would make it difficult to gather a player base for it. Although I think if others enjoyed it as much as I did it would do really well.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    erifyci likes this.
  5. I've also played this a long time ago and after watching this video, I remembered how fun this game was. This game looks very entertaining to play and would be a fitting addition to the server. As mentioned above, lag may be a prevalent issue in this game, but otherwise, this idea looks like a possible future arcade game. While I am not too familiar with this game, I believe kits could possibly be changed to differentiate itself from the original game. Other than that, I do not have any other problems regarding this suggestion, and I hope to see this suggestion implemented in the future!

Posted Aug 31, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 31, 2019
    erifyci likes this.
  6. My computer will explode if I played this

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    erifyci likes this.
  7. Hey guys, thank you so much for all the feedback! I notice that most of you feel that the game is pretty much workable on the Mineplex server and that really excites me.

I do like the idea of adding some sort of twist like kits, new missiles, or power ups. (I have already added the Sword missile if anyone remembers that from mindcrack) But other than that all I have concieved is some sort of boss missile that one team member (at random) gets after 5 minutes of gameplay. Any other suggestions for this would be appriciated.

Now I do agree with all of you about the lag, although it is considerably less laggy than its 1.8 counterpart. In 1.8, you couldn't even stand on a 1 block thick surface on a missile without falling through, but 1.14 seems to have improved this. I have tried to resolve lag like this by lowering the amount of repeat command blocks and stuff like that. Additionally, if Mineplex got into contact with me about what capabilities they have with plugins, I could shave more lag off.

I have done testing with upwards of 6 people up to this date with minimal problems in terms of lag.
    --- Post updated ---
    oops I forgot to mention this:

I do realize that many players still use outdated clients, but I believe the 1.13 command syntax I made in 1.14 should work in 1.13 still... I have not tested the game in earlier versions, but if needed I could do testing.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hey, I was doing some research on datapacks and I believe that I could transfer a good portion of the game to a datapack. I figured that this may reduce lag. Is this something I should work on?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2019
  8. Hello!
    I feel like this could be starting a new category for Mineplex which could be something like TNT games where you could join matches and it would be like mixed arcade where every game that comes up next is random so there would be this with bomb lobbers and more TNT style games if they come out.
    For this idea I really like it though the TNT things seem slow, maybe there should be gold your team can get to upgrade the speed of the TNT or the damage, you could get the gold by shooting certain spots that spawn sometimes or when you shoot a piece of TNT. This can be a really advanced/cool gamemode!
    +1 from me

Posted Sep 6, 2019
  9. Yeah I see how it could be sped up to make it more of a "micro game" with some plugin magic, since aside from the targets being done with commands/datapack the power increase of the tnt would prove difficult/client demanding.

I'm sure you know the capabilities of Mineplex plugins much better than me so I think your idea would potentially work and be fun.

As always, thank you so much for the comment, its great to see another comment since there haven't been many in the last week or so... :(

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 6, 2019