• 1583 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10021 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mini-Boss in Fields

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Yato, Aug 19, 2019.

1. This is a miniboss idea.
    The name of the boss is the Traveler(Please suggest better names)
    It is an enderman. So it cannot be killed by a bow and it has 950 health.
    It is neutral until you attack or look at it. This makes it optional to fight it.
    Its attacks include block toss and guardian beam attack.
    Block toss can deal 5-10 damage. It is as common as deadly tremor.
    The beam attack occurs rarely and deals 10-12 damage.
    The drops can be a 10-30k gold token, (Medium Level)rares, Emerald Blocks, Runed pickaxe.
    -=-
    Update:
    It spawns about 2 times between events

Thanks for reading please leave feedback.

Posted Aug 19, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 20, 2019
  2. I certainly like the idea of another boss, and placing it in fields sounds great too.
    As for the name of one, I'm not too great at that so I'll make no comment :)

I really like the concept of having an enderman boss, because you brought up the fact that you can't use bows. However I think there will have to be a lot of testings and patches to make sure it is not buggy. For instance, enderman teleport, and we wouldn't want them following players around the map for plenty of reasons. (can possibly trap the mob, leads it away from competition, can be used as a defense mechanism). This could be fixed by simply not letting the boss teleport out of fields.
    I like the attacks for it, but we might have to change the damage and frequency a bit to make the boss a little bit more challenging.

As for the rewards, I do not really think it is hard enough to reward with a legendary, but every other drop can remain the same as events, including the Old Silver Token, Gold Token (10-30k), and Runed Pickaxe.

Overall, I like the idea of a fields event that is resistant to arrows. I think it will be really fun to see how players take out this boss (pls use tank not sin) if it is added.

~Xion

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Adrianna and Yato like this.
  3. Interesting idea, I agree with Xicn's comment about a boss that is immune to arrows. As for rewards, I would add emeralds in there as it's a currency also with the merchant being an active event. For names, I'm sure you can brainstorm some such as "Fields Overseer" or "The Ores Keeper" etc

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    GAM, Xion and Yato like this.
  4. I'll fix the drops. I'll try to come up with a better and more fitting name. I'm not sure about the Ore keeper or fields overseer because the boss is neutral until attacked allowing players to ignore it and mine in fields.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 20, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 25, 2019
    GAM, Xion and Adrianna like this.
  5. This mob should not be announced in the chat, it should just spawn with no indication, this would allow for more action in fields and allow small clans to get to it.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Yato and Adrianna like this.
  6. If this is the way they implement it then it should also be a side event that is separate from the normal event cycle

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    wattywatty14, Yato and Adrianna like this.
  7. I'd agree that it should be sperate and unannounced. I think it should be semi-common though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 21, 2019
    GAM, wattywatty14 and Xion like this.
  8. I think it would be fun to have a boss in fields so that you don't have to go into the borderlands every time. In addition, this boss sounds fun and the fact that it can't be killed by a bow would add a tiny element of hardness to it.

+2

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    Yato and GAM like this.
  9. Less wait time for a boss ohh yeah

Posted Sep 5, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  10. We could name it
    "The traveling enemy"
    lore behind it
    could be that this boss could be the reason the merchant keeps to the borderlands.
    We could even have a new item implemented (that would drop from this boss) , simply called a unstable pearl, which does the same as a regular pearl, but applies a small amount of damage on landing (8-12) so it wouldn't be all that overpowered.

Posted Sep 8, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  11. An enderpearl would be likely declined by CM because of the glitches that could be made with it, but other than that its a solid idea. 11/10 from me

Posted Sep 9, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  12. I like the name. Enderpearls are a cool idea, but as @Tonic said: "An enderpearl would be likely declined by CM because of the glitches that could be made".

Thanks for the feedback :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 9, 2019