• 2148 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11990 Players Online
  • 9842 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Minestrike Skins

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by NotEnoughSmiles, Jul 21, 2019.

?

Is this a reasonable idea?

1. Yeah man

100.0%
  2. Nope to the nopeth power

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey Mineplex!

I have never really made a thread before, but here I go!

At the moment, Minestrike has many players who have most of the skins. As of now, the only way to get Minestrike Skins is to open Minestrike Chests. However, what me and a couple of other players have come to realize is that finding newer skins is harder to get once you attain many. In fact, finding duplicates becomes such a common practice that Minestrike Chests become useless. That is why I have come up with a solution:

The Solution:
    I say that you should be able to buy skins individually with gems. As of now, I have not really thought of pricing for skins, but one thing for certain is that the currency should be gems.

Many players have a multitude of gems lying around and gems become useless throwaway items. Making Minestrike Skins buyable with gems would create another use for gems and would please the Minestrike community and collectors as well.

Now, as for pricing I think it is only fair that skins should not come by as cheap. Maybe a rare skin could be 25k? A legendary skin could be 100k gems? I am not sure about pricing, but comment down below what you guys think!

Much Love,
    NotEnoughSmiles ._.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  2. Since the skins are cosmetics, if the ability to purchase them did become possible then the currency would be shards.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    NotEnoughSmiles and Pithoi like this.
  3. This idea sounds reasonable. It's really annoying getting duplicates from minestrike crates, I always save 10,000 shards for one Minestrike chest, but everytime it's a duplicate. Not to mention, my knife skins got deleted for some reason, except my Counter Terrorist Swords, so I have to grind every game to get knife skins out of crates. So I have a feeling that this idea would be an amazing idea, but I think you should be able to buy the skins and earn them from crates.

I'm just kind of bummed that I spent 100,000 gems on a -1 second cool down for my skywars air kit, but then I scrolled down and read @natesbait's comment on this, I got happy because the skins are cosmetics meaning the currency would be shards.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  4. The original idea would actually break the EULA, so this isn't something that we could do. You can purchase Minestrike chests on the online store and we aren't allowed to cross real life currency with gems. You could, however, make it possible to purchase skins with shards. Personally, I think it's more practical just to adjust the duplicate rates of Minestrike chests rather than adding a new system. The skins shouldn't be something that are easily obtained, but I agree that the duplicate rate is way too high.

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    NotEnoughSmiles likes this.
  5. Thank you for all the responses!

I never knew that the currency had to be shard only. My bad oops!

But I guess fixing the duplicate rate would definitely help. Maybe we could get a way to buy MS skins with shard only?

Either way I like the idea of fixing the MS chests. I remember a while ago each chest would give you a new skin no matter what. I feel that was too overpowered. If we could somehow balance the duplicate rate, it would help MS players get the skins they need and make the server a happier place :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 3, 2019