• 992 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6866 Players Online
  • 5874 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Minestrike maps

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by IAmTheGreenArrow, May 17, 2021.

1. Why are some maps available more than others? Like Dust 2 is of the map choices more than Seaside is.

Posted May 17, 2021
  2. As far as I know, the maps provided in the vote are completely random. I think for you they for some reason pop up more because of the low number of minestrike maps out there at the moment. Also, majority of people like to play on the older maps because they are more familiar with the gameplay so they might pick Dust 2 and Mirage over Seaside and Anubis. I don't know if that 100% clears up everything so let me know if you still have any other questions.

Posted May 17, 2021
    rejudge and Fusafez like this.
  3. Because 90% of the players prefer Dust 2 over Seaside

Posted May 17, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  4. Mineplex's map voting system randomizes the map voting pool for each game. Maps that aren't voted for as much as others aren't enjoyable to play for most, whether it's because the maps are poorly balanced or are just terribly designed. Examples of terrible maps, Seaside (CT sided), Aztec (CT sided), Marshes (Terrible map design), and Venice (? ? ?). If you enjoy these less voted for maps you could always play them in MPS' with friends

Posted May 20, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  5. The most popular maps are picked most often. Assuming I'm doing my math correctly, the odds of not getting Inferno, Dust 2, or Mirage are about 30% in a 5-map draw for a game that has a total of 14 maps. You can pretty safely assume that one of these three will be picked very nearly every time it shows up in map voting over other options. This doesn't account for the fact that many players consider Nuke, Train and Overpass to be perfectly acceptable maps to play as well, and will tend to play those over any of the remaining maps in the pool, so you only really ever see one of those six unless the voting randomization gives none of these as options or people don't vote.

Posted May 22, 2021
    Danese likes this.