• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9063 Players Online
  • 6173 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Minestrike Bugs & Neglect

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by 01G, Feb 17, 2020.

1. They’re working on the chunk glitch in general. It’s the same glitch found in SG and CW, I would’ve mentioned it, but I didn’t know it existed in Minestrike. But they’re working on it in general, not for any specific game. Now that you mention it, I’m sure it’s found in a wide variety of games, which is why they’re trying to fix it. If they can fix it in CW and SG, they can fix it in Minestrike. Once again I mentioned it in only Cake Wars and Survival Games because those were the only two games I knew for certain the chunk glitch was apparent in.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  2. May I ask how long this glitch has been around? For them to finally look at it now considering how game breaking it is just proves the lack of time and effort that is put into fixing the games on mineplex. Also, to claim that the bugs listed are not important and/or gamebreaking is pretty much ridiculous. Some of these bugs literally ruin how playing the game works. With a permanent scope there is no delay between sniping opponents and you have full accuracy while running around with no movement penalty. When a smoke is placed, you can pretty much stick the bomb and get a defusal off because bullets and knife hits wont register on a player sitting within said smoke. If you jump with a gun while behind a wall you can essentially peek and instantly kill someone with a sniper without any repercussion. If you go to throw a nade and it bounces back and kills you, you not only lose all of your buy, but you also lose the possibility of killing an opponent and still being alive to win the round. Another bug I didn't mention is that your game can stop you from shooting more than 1 bullet. The only temporary solution to this is to shoot one bullet, reload (in which it doesn't work), switch guns, then switch back and you can shoot one bullet and then you have to repeat the process. Unless you relog, which now counts as a loss when you leave the game, you cannot fix this. 70%, if not more of minestrike is shooting people and you are saying that this is not a game breaking bug? This is why I pity the logic of the defending staff team.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
  3. Your very first response to this thread was quoted twice. It's just as important to participate in the original discussion as it is your new one that stemmed from it, as it should be fair that you can actively engage in the argument while also correcting any misinformation that you see. Plus, at the end of the day, what you decided to reply to appears to be a matter of opinion. One player believes the nametag glitch is worse; you believe the chunk glitch is worse. This it may be, but once you agree and somebody else disagrees then it becomes a two-sided argument where people are free to select their own viewpoints. The Developers have evidently chosen to place the nametag glitch at the top of the list, so I don't see why you need to back it up on their behalf. Perhaps you're just providing the relevant information, but has it not raised a red flag in your mind as to why you must do this? Does it not seem odd that active members of the SG community are not aware of this prioritisation?

Posted Feb 18, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 18, 2020
  4. Yo,
    Minestrike being my favorite game on Mineplex, and me being the main Minestrike staff member, I feel it would be doing the community an injustice if I came in here giving the common answer said previously by saying that the bugs will be handled in time, so I won't be doing that. Instead, I'll be discussing on the side of the community.

We are not incorrect in saying that bugs are always being worked on, and we are right in saying that patience is needed, but the subject of the matter is that the Minestrike community has been patient for a very long time, and they are right to feel neglected about updates and bug fixes as they just aren't happening often at all in Minestrike.

To address a claim of the bugs in Minestrike not being as game-breaking as other game bugs, I have to disagree. I won't be arguing why bugs in one game are more important than another, because that shouldn't be an argument at all; all bugs are important and all should be held to a same priority as there is a community for every gamemode, and fixing all the gamemodes should be a mindset standard held, not specifically fixing only certain games. I will however be arguing the severity of the Minestrike bugs on their own as indeed being a game-breaking issue. The nametag bug that recently has come messes up the whole purpose of the game. Minestrike is a strategic gamemode that highly relies on being able to stay hidden and get vantage points on the opposing team. When your opponents can see where people are on the other team, that completely ruins the main aspect of the game because you can see where everyone is and where they are going, so there is no positioning advantages to be gained and no elements of surprise to be had, making it become a spray-off of bullets, which is not nearly as fun at all. Not to mention that only some people can see others nametags, so it gives other players huge disadvantages. The other bugs that have been mentioned above are valid bugs as well, but they have been around for so long that I don't feel it is necessary for me to give my viewpoints on them, as development surely should know about them by now.

I do what I can to help deal with the xrayer situation in Minestrike, which is a situation for a whole different discussion, but there's only so much I can do to help the gamemode, and none of that involves the bugs as I don't have a say on what gets fixed in the bug department. More attention is definitely needed for Minestrike, and I hope to see more come in the future. I do have hopes for more attention map-wise with the recent addition of Mysticcrew as a Builder because I know he is an active Minestrike player, so that is definitely great news.

That's about all I have to say on the topic here, I just felt like a response from me was needed, being a representation of a staff member that plays Minestrike. Have a good day everyone!

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    Xukuwu and WowCaleb like this.
  5. This just shows that you've never played the game.

Empty promises of bug fixes are a recurring trend in Mineplex's treatment of Minestrike and its community. After the smoke update around 2016 and the slew of bugs that came with it, Mineplex promised to fix these bugs almost the same day as the update was released if I recall correctly. Four years later, we're still waiting. The game's (and server's) player base is dwindling, and the server's prioritization of new content while neglecting existing content is a large part of why. Public matches are essentially unplayable due to the bugs mentioned by myself and others, along with huge amounts of cheaters. While Mineplex's asinine policy regarding X-Ray is a discussion for another thread, the server's neglect of the game drives away both new players and old players. Unless it gets fixed soon, this update and the nametag glitch is the final nail in the coffin for Minetstrike, at least in public servers. While competitive play may continue for a while (Podcrash fixed the bug last night), it will either move off Mineplex entirely, or die, as no new players will learn the game in the first place.

I enjoy this game and server and I've met great individuals through it in both competitive and public play. I don't want to see it die this way.

Posted Feb 18, 2020
    M4RK7000 and Xukuwu like this.