• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3868 Players Online
  • 3868 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Miner kit

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Karsten recksiedler, Apr 8, 2021.

1. I think a miner kit for cake wars would be amazing for 4000 gems where you spawn with either a wooden or stone pick axe.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  2. Doesn't sound very exciting. Perhaps if you spawned in with an iron pickaxe and permanent Haste, it would be more balanced. Still, it wouldn't hold a candle to the most overpowered and versatile kit, Builder, and I can't think of more perks for a hypothetical Miner kit.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  3. Since you have a linked bedrock account, I'm going to assume you're suggesting this be added to Bedrock CW. If you didn't know the official GI update proposal was recently uploaded, you can check it out here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/game-insights-cake-wars-proposal.195407/

They did already suggest a new kit be added, you can check it out.

For your suggestion, I don't agree that it's worth it compared to other kits. Pickaxes do not cost very many bricks at all, so it's really just saving a few seconds and gives you no long-term benefit. You could argue that archer kit just gives you something you could buy also, or builder for that matter, but the key with those kits is the resources regenerate and automatically go into your inventory, so they're actually worth quite a bit of bricks across the span of a game. A pickaxe is still just worth a few bricks each time you respawn. I'm not on board with this idea unless it's given more valuable perks as well.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
    FluteVegetables and Amg like this.
  4. -Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas Sub-Forum-

Hey there @Karsten recksiedler! I assume you’re suggesting this for our Bedrock platform because you have a Bedrock account linked to your profile. I went ahead and moved your thread to the Bedrock Ideas Sub-Forum, as the thread is better suited there.

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! I unfortunately disagree with this idea suggestion. My reason in disagreeing with this kit is pretty much summed up perfectly by Dul in their post above me. While I do agree that starting with a pickaxe would be convenient, I agree with Dul in the point that it wouldn’t necessarily be beneficial long-term. You currently can purchase an iron pickaxe in the shop for 8 bricks, which is easily obtainable in a couple seconds in the start of the game. Adding on to what Dul said, I feel that most of the CakeWars kits are in place to benefit a player throughout the whole game. This explains why there’s an archer kit - Although you can purchase a bow in the shop, starting with a bow ultimately helps throughout the whole game. I feel that the current pickaxes are fine as they are and it probably should just be kept iron/diamond, as they are more efficient in mining and they support more throughout the whole game when purchased through the shop. For that reason, I’m going to disagree with this idea, however I’m interested in what others may have to say! Thank you for this suggestion. :)

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  5. Hello!
    This is an interesting idea as rushing (and therefore being able to mine quickly) is an extremely popular strategy in Cake Wars! This being said, I don't feel that adding a Mining Kit would be the best route to take. Personally I feel that having to purchase a Pickaxe allows for early defenses such as clay to be used more effectively. Also, in the new GI Cakewars Update Proposal a new kit has been suggested and I worry that adding many more kits could oversaturate the game. Interesting idea, however since Pickaxes can be purchases in shops relatively early on in games, and a new kit has already been suggested, I'll be marking this thread as Not Planned. Thank you for the idea!

Not Planned -> Denied by GI

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  6. I agree with some of the players up above that this idea would not be very beneficial. When you start out having a pickaxe would not be that helpful because at the beginning most players are going to be guarding their cake with pool and pickaxes don't break wool very quickly. Also, a pickaxe isn't going to help eating the actual cake. For these reasons alone I do not think it would be useful. Maybe it would have been cool if Mineplex added a kit with a hoe while they had Carrot Wars to allow players to harvest the carrots quicker. To bad Carrot Wars is gone we have to eat cake now lol.

Posted Apr 10, 2021
  7. Could be a achievement kit

Posted Apr 10, 2021