• 1940 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4024 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex's State - What can be done?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Lchogies, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Actually we recently discontinued our feature upvote which pretty much did this. The issue is that it was pretty much just an isolated part of the forums that people either didn't know about, or didn't care to post on. Imo we have the forums for feedback, all we need is someone higher up to make use of it.

Posted Oct 10, 2019
    Jocoe and NothinButNetYT like this.
  2. Hi!

Back in the earlier years, Mineplex had a lot of games. They were really fun. But after a update, they removed a bunch of the games.
    Why?
    1. They did not have enough players, and sat there with little to no players.
    2. There were too many bugs with the game, that they did not want to spend all their time working on that one game, which they could be working on many other updates that could improve the server.
    3. Other reasons.
    Quality over quantity, also. If you have, for example, 100 games, except they are not really that good, then there is no point. If you had 5 games, which had really good quality, then people could actually stay hooked. Quality is better than quantity.

There is no current developers for the anti cheat Gwen. Other developers may be working on it, but the anti cheat would not be their main focus. They would be working on other things, such as updates, games, bug fixes, the list goes on.

No. That is all I can say, is no.

You can discuss new games here.

I would probably say sure to this. Yet, some ideas are original, and others aren't. I get that. Yet, some different ideas that could sprinkle in, could make the idea not a copy of someone else's idea. If Mineplex could sprinkle in some things that could make games more original, then that could be much better than having games be copied.

Totally a definite no. Increasing the prices would mean increasing the values, but that means the rarer the ranks would be. Also, most people have a rank, so they could simply rank upgrade for a smaller price. Most are obviously Eternal, like me, as you would expect. This would probably not help Mineplex.

I would say maybe. If you get a popular YouTuber on Mineplex, people could want to play on it. But, some people just watch their videos and move on, without thinking about Mineplex. 0.5+ for me on this.

Overall, most people think their idea is the key reason to why Mineplex died. Maybe it isn't, maybe it is.
    Have a good rest of your day/night!

Posted Oct 11, 2019
    Jocoe and Xukuri like this.
  3. Most people do Not have a rank, and if they do they bought it a while ago.
    The anticheat hasn't been updated since 2016.
    All of your simple rejections "no" really doesn't provide a good response.
    Anyways, 99% none of this is happening

Posted Oct 11, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  4. Yes.

Posted Oct 11, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  5. Hello!

Mineplex has fun games there is no doubt about that, and I agree that it's due for another unique and fun gamemode. However, as many people have pointed out the main problem is the lack of YouTubers on the server. We need to get back the YouTubers who used to play on the server like DanTDM. This proved to work with another server. Now I won't give any names, but its the oldest anarchy server in Minecraft. When The Camping Rusher made a video on the server it's player count exploded. The same I think could be done with Mineplex.

Posted Oct 11, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  6. Hey Boys,

I appreciate all your responses, some of you have given some great analysis of Mineplex’s current situation. However, I fear that appropriate staff may not see this thread, and that the entirety of this creative discussion may not be utilised effectively. How I make sure the appropriate staff see this thread? If you’re a staff member reading this, I would greatly appreciate if you can pass this thread on to the higher order staff, as some of the ideas shared here will be of great benefit to Mineplex overall. Cheers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2019
    FriendlyShep likes this.