• 3000 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11438 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex's Goal

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Starx280, Jun 13, 2019.

?

What do you think is Mineplex's focus?

1. The players

46.2%
  2. Popularity

5.1%
  3. Income

43.6%
  4. All of the above

5.1%
  1. The thread "This needs to be said" got me thinking...

What's mineplex ulterior motive?

P.s: I do not want this thread to turn into a flame war, I will close it if it happens.

I also want answers with reason.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
  2. What's poppin!

Well to say I think Mineplex's focus isn't income as I believe there main focus is the community and how they can improve it. Everything the staff team tries to focus on is how to improve community based things ranging from games, to the lobby design. I won't lie I believe some of the actions Mineplex has taken is due to popularity. An example of this would be the removal of several games and a drop in prices in the store. Since a mass variety of players left the Java servers and most games are getting around 20-60 players per server they would need to remove some games as it takes up unnecessary code and is just there. So I believe it's in Mineplex's best interest to keep the community in mind when they release new updates.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    rexh17 and Starx280 like this.
  3. @January34 It used to be about the community.You think they were thinking about the community when they removed SSM, a fan favorite?I was the one who made the thread This Needs To Be Said, because I just wanted to give my 2 cents based on my experience about the staff, and how did the staff reply? They gave me 4 false warning point due to exposing a staff that lied, which is apparently classified as "slander" on mineplex.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  4. If this true, half of the things on bedrock wouldn't be so damn expensive. Alas, Mineplex is a business and buisness's always put money first

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Crash, cerns, Starx280 and 1 other person like this.
  5. @Vocaloiid That didnt use to be the case.Once upon a time developers cared about the community as much as the income.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  6. It's not something to lay blame on any person. Any business that makes money ultimately needs to put money making first, or they wouldn't survive as a business.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  7. I agree with Voca, for these developers it was a job, but when Mineplex was making more money they could have more developers while making the income they desired.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Vocaloiid and Starx280 like this.
  8. I 100% agree with Vocaloiid. Mineplex makes their stuff expensive because of how it's a business. They always put money before anything then the players. They don't care about the popularity because they already we're popular. It was extremely stressful so its easier for them to start growing from the bottom. And if they cared about players they would release and update more games but they haven't because they're focusing more on the income instead of players

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  9. Interesting opinions.

It seems that most are supporting the income aspect currently.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019
  10. Well with more income then they can pay for the dev and builder time to fix more bugs and make new content, they don't keep it all in the pockets like some want to believe, if they don't grow then the server falls and then there is no money coming in at all.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  11. ^ It's not all pocketed honestly. They're not greedy. Sure the owner is probably getting a decent wage, but is the money being used wisely? Probably not, but that's not up to us to decide.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  12. That's what I said, they don't pocket all the money, Of course owners get some. I think it would be a stretch to say it’s not being used wisely when most don’t know how it’s used or how much it costs for certain aspects.

Posted Jun 13, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  13. It would indeed, but that's just from what I see. Of course I likely know little to nothing, but it's just irking to see so much earned from bedrock with so little gained from that

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  14. Thy never removed SSM wut.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  15. I think it's important to take into account that Mineplex is first and foremost a business. It's a means of income in the form of a Minecraft server. That said, being a business and having purchasable items does not instantly equate to the server being only money-driven. It's a mix of several factors; quality of life for players is covered by the staff team who volunteer their time and try to help improve the community experience, while devs try to improve on new content or existing issues. Even though development might have slowed down, and things have downscaled a lot, it does not mean that the server is suddenly driven by money.

I personally think that the server is driven by the will to improve players' experiences, which will, in turn, increase the server's popularity, and therefore produce revenue in the long run. You can't just say that MP only or mostly focuses on one aspect as its drive, because it likely isn't true.
    As @leo_thya pointed out, SSM is still a game mode and has its own NPC.

While this, in theory, seems plausible, basic economics teaches us that a business running in a monopolistic competition (a market where there are many varied products with similar market shares & power - i.e. Minecraft servers) finds more merit in research and development than in sustaining a solid income without changing its product. To make this more simple, companies that improve their servers in the Minecraft community will find the greatest success. In this case, it means that in order to sustain a good player count, the Mineplex network must improve the gaming experience so as to be able to compete with other existing servers who do the same.
    Yes, it is money-driven, but that drive for money requires an equal aspiration for players' interest and well-being within the server - which goes back to my main point. It's not one aspect that drives Mineplex. It's a mix of them all.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    hazeae24, Starx280 and Imout007 like this.
  16. I mean, it'd be all of these things. They're a business, so they cater towards to the players. This is because it will earn a good reputation, and a good reputation leads to more popularity. Or, that's the goal. With more players and popularity, they have a better stream of revenue. Ultimately, they seek income.

That's how capitalism works, in theory. If you provide a product that people enjoy, you'll earn money. Mineplex seeks to earn money.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  17. Bedrock never had SSM and it was never removed on java. Slander is defined in the rulebook as: "This includes but not limited to actively spreading false or negative rumors about Mineplex, the staff team, or individual members, even if you did not come up with the idea(s) yourself. Any Groups that are involved in this will be deleted, all participants involved will be given a warning." If you were spreading negative rumors or staff members, that is considered slander, fair punishment. You should familiarize yourself with the rules before you break them and get upset.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  18. Despite what anyone says, Mineplex is a company. Any company's main motive will be to create income however possible. For Mineplex, that income comes through listening to the community. When Mineplex had a larger playerbase it was easier to focus on the development of new games to attract new players to further income. Nowadays, since the playerbase has dropped (along with Minecraft's playerbase), Mineplex has definitely come to understand that they need to look away from making new games and focus on developing the ones that they already have. With this comes listening to the community more. I don't think Mineplex is necessarily completely focused on what the community wants - no company can be. But they definitely are starting to listen more.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 and Vocaloiid like this.
  19. Some of the staff, of which are fulltime on Mineplex do care about income as it provides a roof over their heads. However, to receive their income, they must put community first in order to do their job correctly. The fact that Mineplex is popular is out of the question as they are only serving to the majority of the players since not everyone can be pleased with any decision made. Therefore, I think that Mineplex is community oriented, also because they are completely open to suggestions and even have a Forum to connect more with the community that the owners have created throughout years of hard work.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  20. In the bedrock community, for the majority part, the kids buy what's put to them (In this case, skin packs, maps, etc) which sustain the server overall. Would you call this improving the community in the server?

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.