• 1897 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10335 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official Mineplex Translations Team

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by florence ♡, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. [​IMG]

Introduction

Hello everyone!

The Mineplex Translations team is in charge of translating the Bedrock server into 16 different languages. We work on a platform called Crowdin where we are given strings -- phrases or words -- to translate into each language. Once strings are translated, the Proofreader for each team checks the translation to make sure they're correct. Within a few weeks, the translations go live on the server!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━​
    How to Join

Whenever we think a certain language does not have enough members, we will open up applications for all community members. We normally only look for one to two members at a time.

The application process is simple and quick! After you submit an application, the Management team will review it and check if you meet all the requirements. If you pass that stage, you will be given a language evaluation test. This test is used to assess your knowledge of the language and your ability to translate similar content that our team has to translate on a regular basis. If you pass the exam, then you will either be placed in a wait-list or join the team!

Applications are currently closed. We are revamping our application system, so stay tuned for more information.

Links
    Translations Team Members

If you have any questions, feel free to PM a Management member: @lili. or @Tobias. Thanks for your interest in the team!

-Translations Team Management​

Posted Sep 12, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 15, 2019 at 3:18 PM
  2. Translations team best team!
    Y'all should definitely join if you are able to speak one of these languages ;)

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    skarm, Kisme, Dudeguy and 1 other person like this.
  3. I agree ^^

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  4. Howdy! Time for a quick update.

First of all, I want to congratulate all the members that have joined the team since September. We are glad to have you on board! As some of you may already know, @Dudeguy resigned from the team a couple weeks ago. Thank you for all your hard work. We are going to miss you :(

After Dudeguy resigned, we decided to recruit another management member. With that being said, congrats to @Tobias on joining the Management team!

We are currently looking for translators for the following languages:

Croatian
    Japanese
    Portuguese (EU)
    Russian
    Spanish

If you or anyone you know is interested in applying, please do so here! If you have any questions about the team, feel free to message me or Tobias. Good luck!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019
    Dudeguy, FabianTuck, Kisme and 6 others like this.
  5. Heyo!

I just wanted to drop my five cents here as well. As you can probably tell already, my name is Tobias and I am the new manager for the translations team. I am so happy to be a part of this amazing team, and I have absolutely no regret having stayed here for about two and a half years now, woop woop.

If you are able to speak any of the languages above, I would highly recommend applying for the team. We value a good team effort, we appreciate hard work, but we definitely also have time for banter (we uh, may overdo the latter but it's mega fun, come join please.
    please).

One of the things I value the most is the diversity between our members. Have you ever sincerely felt the need to express your inner appreciation for a specific type of food related to your country? I am not saying that we discuss food on a daily basis... But I would say that we are pretty good at finding a spot for food themes, no matter what!

Even if you are not completely fluent in the languages, I would still highly encourage you to apply. We always review applicants on a case-to-case basis, and if we feel like you have got it in you, we will do our best to catch you in our fishing net!

Are you our next member/tour guide? What are you waiting for?!

Posted May 18, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 15, 2019
  6. knoppers :^)
    But I recommend applying. I've been on the team for more than a year now and I throughly enjoy it ^^

Posted May 18, 2019
    Nicodami, skarm and Tobias like this.
  7. Continuing on what @Vocaloiid said, I’ve been on Translations Team for over a year and it’s genuinely been such a great subteam. I’ve made friends from the people in my language as well as outside of it and the work is personally really fun!

Posted May 18, 2019
  8. Hello there! o/

I'm glad to say that I'm part of this team! I've been a translator for the Mineplex team back in 2016-2017 and recently I rejoined it, translating into Romanian. It's genuinely a wonderful team and I'm encouraging you to apply if you want to! We are very friendly and we would love to have you on our team! <3

Posted May 18, 2019
    Nicodami and florence ♡ like this.
  9. Been here for almost three years and not quitting any time soon. Love the team, we are all a big family there :’)

Posted May 18, 2019
    skarm, darkmeen, Kisme and 4 others like this.
  10. I've been there for over a year now. I think it's one of the funniest teams we have on Mineplex! The cultural background is amazing, and there is indeed a lot of banter in the chat ;)
    If you speak one of the languages above, you know what to do :D

Posted May 19, 2019
    florence ♡ and Kisme like this.
  11. Hi

I wish I could speak another language fluently however I can't, meaning Ill never be on the Translations Team. But I would like to wish anyone applying the best of luck! I've heard being a part of the TT is an amazing experience and can help you improve your own skills within translation.

Good luck:)

Posted May 19, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  12. This year I will celebrate my 3rd anniversary on Translations Team. I still enjoy this team even after these long years, we have a lot of fun inside the team which makes it for me as one of the best. The team connects people with different cultures and mentality almost from all over the world to work on the same goal - translations.

I'd definitely recommend you to apply if you know the languages above as we are always happy to see new members on the team!

Posted May 19, 2019
    florence ♡ and Nicodami like this.
  13. I bet it would be so cool knowing more than one language. I'm just a normal guy that knows only English and a few words in other languages. I'm taking Spanish next year so hopefully I'll be able to learn it to the point of fluency. If I knew a language on that list, I'd definitely join. Good luck to anyone applying!

Posted May 19, 2019
    florence ♡, Sven and Vocaloiid like this.
  14. Spanish TT is now open for applicants! Please feel free to apply if you have a good understanding of the Spanish Language!

Posted Jul 2, 2019
    florence ♡ likes this.
  15. Hola everyone!

This is a quick announcement to let everyone know that applications are temporarily closed. We are changing a few things about the application process, so stay tuned for more information!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019 at 2:01 PM
    Nicodami, Tobias and THELichCA like this.
  16. The experience of being on the team is not bad by any means and it is a way to bond with a lot of other people, including those who speak the same language as you do. It is however the team that in my opinion contributes the least to Mineplex in general, as it's limited to Bedrock and from what I've heard, the translation option doesn't even work anymore. So that says enough in my honest opinion.

Posted Sep 13, 2019 at 5:30 PM
  17. I don't really think that's a fair statement to make. It devalues the hard work that members of the team put into their job.

You are correct that we currently only translate Bedrock; however, Bedrock is the most popular platform with the biggest player base, so we are contributing to Mineplex by making it accessible to thousands of players from around the world. There are other community and staff teams that are limited to one platform as well, and just because they only focus on that platform doesn't mean they don't contribute to "Mineplex in general".

The translation option does work, and I can confirm that because I just tested it and consulted with a member of QAT. If you have personally encountered an issue, then I would suggest making a bug report so it can be fixed as soon as possible :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019 at 10:50 PM
    THELichCA likes this.
  18. It is a fair statement. The translation not working is something that I heard about two months ago so my apologies, I suppose it got fixed in the mean time then.

It is fair because the chances are that the most players who don't speak English, especially on Bedrock, are a very young audience that, when split into 16 languages, makes the users of specific languages rather infrequent. Not non-existent - don't get me wrong - but compared to what other teams do for the entire server, this team is targeting a minority, who would for the most part be better off learning English via games anyway (it only takes basic school knowledge and a translation service!), so considering the work that has to be put into translating large amounts of strings, my statement goes towards future applicants, who should know that if they're looking to contribute to the network in a more meaningful way, it is not worth applying for the sub-team. Saying that as a former proofreader.

You probably won't agree with me and you actually shouldn't due to your position in the team, but I always have a strong opinion when I express it on the forums, be it positive or negative. All I initially wanted here is to leave a quick remark seeing as this thread popped up again.

Posted Sep 14, 2019 at 4:14 AM
  19. We recently discovered that there are a couple of broken languages on the server, but I can assure you that these will be fixed as soon as possible.

I will not say that your argument is invalid, but I think I need to address something here. You mention how the young audience (which, most likely, will be the target group when accounting for players who have yet to learn English) makes the users of specific languages rather infrequent. Although that may be true, considering the fact that we currently support 18 different languages spread widely across the world, the number of players we are helping overall increases significantly - which is the entire purpose of the translations team; we want to help people worldwide by supporting a great variety of languages. We do this to ensure that everyone who has the opportunity to play on the server will get the best experience possible. It should not matter whether you are a young player who has yet to be taught English, or you just live in a country that does not prioritize teaching English.

As a Dane, I can confirm that, yes, there might not be that many Danes my age who will use the Language feature when playing on Bedrock - but the younger audience, even if it may not be that many, will benefit from this. When we know that we can help even the smallest group of players within a country, we want to help those.

The fact that we do translate 18 languages means that we cover a larger playerbase within the younger audience. By no means am I stating that we are helping a majority of the playerbase, but that was not the purpose to begin with.

As Florence stated regarding a similar statement of yours, I believe that this is unfair, especially to the current members of the team. Our members are constantly working on creating the best translations possible to ensure that the players we do help will get the best quality. As a manager, I can assure you that we are always working on broadening our area of effect within the Mineplex Network as a means to help as many players as possible. That is what makes this team so meaningful to me.

I know this might be biased considering the fact that I have been on the team for almost three years, but I have never ever felt that what we do is without purpose or meaning. We always ask our members for feedback to make sure that they feel the same way. If they felt like their work was utterly pointless, I do not think they would stay here.

Posted Sep 14, 2019 at 5:45 AM