• 1708 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10146 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official Mineplex Translations Team

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by florence ♡, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. [​IMG]

Hello everyone!

The Mineplex Translations team is in charge of translating the Bedrock server into 21 different languages. We believe in making the server accessible to players from all over the world, regardless of what language they speak!

We have two sub-teams within the team: Translators and Scouts. The majority of our members are translators, and they are responsible for translating content into their respective language. Scouts are responsible for finding any missing or incorrect translations that are live on the server.​

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────​

Application Process
    If you are interested in becoming a Translator, the applications for all of our languages are always open. This does not mean that we will be recruiting an unlimited amount of TT members, but we will be reviewing applications and potential applicants at all times.

Whenever we receive an application, we will either accept, reject or put your application on hold. Our decision is based on how many open spots there are for your language, application quality, and other factors.

If you meet all of our requirements and a spot is open, you will be given a language evaluation test. This test is used to assess your knowledge of the language and your ability to translate similar content that our team has to translate on a regular basis. If you pass the test, you will be accepted onto the team! If you are applying for Scout, you will not need to take an evaluation test and will skip ahead to the acceptance stage.

If your application is put on hold, it means that although you seem like a great fit for our team, we sadly did not have an open spot for you. Instead, your application will be whitelisted, and should a spot open up within three months, you will be contacted with further instructions. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the opening of a spot on the team. In the case that we cannot accept your application within three months, your application will be cancelled, meaning that you will have to reapply to show continuous interest in the team. We will, of course, take note of your previous interest and potential as a candidate.

We found that the previous way of recruiting translators - opening languages only when we needed new members - was inefficient and never really let a variety of community members apply for the position. It didn’t allow us to look at a large pool of applicants and limited our selection greatly. This new application process will hopefully allow more people who are interested in translating to join the team, and we are very much looking forward to that!

Scouts
    The TT Scouts are in charge of observing string implementations on the network, especially looking out for missing strings and ensuring that all translations follow the format on the server. In the case that the scout is multilingual, the scout will also have the opportunity to look out for incorrectly translated strings within a certain language.

Scouts will be assigned individual tasks that they must log and communicate out to the management team as well as the other scouts. This means that scouts are more involved in-game in contrast to our translators and proofreaders whose work is more behind-the-scenes, but both departments will still be working together as a team!

Just like for Translators, applications for Scout are always open.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Application Requirements
    We have some basic requirements set for the Translator and Scout positions. Make sure you read over everything here before submitting an application!

- You should be fluent or have high proficiency in the language you want to apply for.
    - You should not have any recent severe punishments in-game, on the forums, or anywhere else on the network.*
    - You must maintain a good standing with Mineplex during your time on the team.

- You must own a Bedrock account.
    - You must be active on the Bedrock platform.
    - You should not have any recent severe punishments in-game, on the forums, or anywhere else on the network.*
    - You must maintain a good standing with Mineplex during your time on the team.
    - Being bilingual and knowledgeable of the forums is a plus.

* Considered on a case-by-case basis.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Team Members!
    We have over 50 members in our team! Since there are so many of us, putting an introduction for every single member would require its own separate thread. Instead, here’s what some of our awesome Translators and Proofreaders have to say about themselves and the team!

hi im bad and haven’t written this yet :’)

Hullo everybodaayyy - my name is Tobias, I am 19 years of age and am currently one of the managers of the translations team. I have been a part of the of TT for three years. During those three years I have had the opportunity of meeting such a broad variety of people that you simply will not believe. Personally, I am very fascinated by cultural differences and the related discussions, and being on TT has allowed me to experience that hobby on a daily basis. I once had to write a bigger exam project for my English class on the topic “Science of Happiness”, and the support I received from everyone was simply outstanding! The fact that I was able to gather that many people and hear about the personal experiences with happiness was such a great moment that I will never forget. It just goes to show the bond between the team members, and how well we communicate with each other. I would not change it for a thing, and I hope to stay here until I am literally forced to go down my coffin.

Hi, my name is Sugarmint and I'm part of the Mineplex Spanish Translations team. I'm one of the newer members and boy do I love it. I really enjoy how community based, friendly, and hard working people are on the team. Since joining, I feel more driven to speak my native language more and help others using spanish. I hope everyone applies as a translator and has as much fun as I do! Gracias <3

Yo! My name is Waspter, but you can call me Wasp. I'm a past moderator on the Mineplex network. I've been part of the Translations team for a few months now, and I've loved every moment of it - the amount of work that this team puts in is amazing, and I am really glad to be a part of it, and contribute towards making Mineplex easy to understand. The community on Translations Team is also extremely funny and welcoming, so I've had a blast community-wise as well. What I like about Translations is that it's managed in such a way where it feels like everyone is needed, so it creates an awesome work environment where everyone feels needed and rewarded for the work they've done.

Yooo! My name is David and I go by the name of Killpro on the internet. I am a 16 year old boy and a Swedish proofreader for the Mineplex Translations team. My job as a proofreader is to make sure that the Translators on my team don't make any mistakes. And If they do a perfect job they receive a cookie. The reason I joined the team is mainly because I had nothing to do in my life. But now that I am here I have plenty of time to have fun with my fellow comrades. I don't think I'll retire anytime soon because of the people who support and help me with my journey.

Heylo everyone! I'm Vocaloiid, but most call me Voca in the community. I am currently the proofreader of the Spanish side of the Translations Team! As proofreader, I help decide if a translated string is correct or needs a bit of tweaking. I really enjoy Translations as you get to bond more with your fellow translators, communicate with people from other ethnicities, and enjoy fun activities hosted by Tobi and Lili! I really recommend you try it out if you know a different language, and see how much you enjoy it!

Hello! My name is Nezze and I have been playing on Mineplex for approximately 5 years. I am currently a proofreader for Polish language but my journey with Translations Team goes back to 2017. I originally joined the team in order to gain more experience in the translation field. I have been learning English since I was a child and I am currently in the process of studying English language at the university. Not only do I bring the assistance to the team, but I have also had an opportunity to meet incredible people who share their enthusiasm for translating just like I do.

I truly recommend applying for Translations Team to those who are aspiring to be a part of it. Our team is full of people who can always find something for themselves and who are open-minded. We treat everybody with respect, work in a friendly environment and appreciate all of the effort put into the team. If you are passionate about translating, I highly encourage you to apply once a position for translator for your language opens!

Final Words/Disclaimer
    We want to emphasize that the workload of the Translations Team varies significantly, seeing as the work depends on the number of updates on the network. Being a part of the Translations Team relies heavily on keeping oneself updated with Discord announcements, Mineplex updates, & discussions, and therefore requires a high level of communication between the members and management. As managers we strive to get the work to our members as soon as it is available to us, but we cannot foresee how long the breaks will be between projects. Please keep this in mind when applying for the position.

So, are you interested in the team? Apply here!
    We wish you the best of luck on your application!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Frequently Asked Questions
    We have previously created threads in which we encourage the players of Mineplex to provide us with feedback on what languages we should add next. In case a specific language is suggested frequently, we will be looking at statistical data to determine whether it would be reasonable to add said language. In the case that it is, we will begin the process of adding the language. If not, we will still keep the language in the back of our minds for further consideration in the future!

Because of this, we cannot provide you with a specific timeframe for the addition of new languages, but we are constantly looking for feedback. With that, we highly encourage you to message a manager if you know a specific language that you think would benefit the server in some kind of way!

The current structure of the server does not allow us to translate Java at the current point in time. However, should the opportunity arise, we will be more than ready to take on the task of translating the server! Stay updated...

As mentioned, we are constantly reviewing applications (we literally cannot stop). Because of that, our goal is to respond to applications within one to two weeks, but usually the waiting time will be less!

It is not a hard requirement to know another language to qualify for Scout. If you do happen to know another language, then you will have the opportunity to find language-specific errors in-game rather than only looking for untranslated content. Basically, you’ll have more opportunities to do a variety of work, but only if you have the time. Our main expectation of a Scout is that they are constantly looking for missing translations and communicate those issues with us.

We work on a platform called Crowdin where we are given strings -- phrases or words -- to translate into each language. Once all the strings are translated, the Proofreader for each team checks the translation to make sure they're correct. Within a few weeks, the translations go live on the server!

Every language has exactly one proofreader. The proofreader is like the ‘team-lead’ of each language and has the ability to review and accept strings on Crowdin. You cannot directly apply for Proofreader.

Posted Sep 12, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 30, 2019
    BasicT, Hartley, Mathuu and 16 others like this.
  2. Translations team best team!
    Y'all should definitely join if you are able to speak one of these languages ;)

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    SpookVegetables, skarm, Kisme and 2 others like this.
  3. I agree ^^

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  4. Howdy! Time for a quick update.

First of all, I want to congratulate all the members that have joined the team since September. We are glad to have you on board! As some of you may already know, @Dudeguy resigned from the team a couple weeks ago. Thank you for all your hard work. We are going to miss you :(

After Dudeguy resigned, we decided to recruit another management member. With that being said, congrats to @Tobias on joining the Management team!

We are currently looking for translators for the following languages:

Croatian
    Japanese
    Portuguese (EU)
    Russian
    Spanish

If you or anyone you know is interested in applying, please do so here! If you have any questions about the team, feel free to message me or Tobias. Good luck!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019
    Dudeguy, FabianTuck, Kisme and 6 others like this.
  5. Heyo!

I just wanted to drop my five cents here as well. As you can probably tell already, my name is Tobias and I am the new manager for the translations team. I am so happy to be a part of this amazing team, and I have absolutely no regret having stayed here for about two and a half years now, woop woop.

If you are able to speak any of the languages above, I would highly recommend applying for the team. We value a good team effort, we appreciate hard work, but we definitely also have time for banter (we uh, may overdo the latter but it's mega fun, come join please.
    please).

One of the things I value the most is the diversity between our members. Have you ever sincerely felt the need to express your inner appreciation for a specific type of food related to your country? I am not saying that we discuss food on a daily basis... But I would say that we are pretty good at finding a spot for food themes, no matter what!

Even if you are not completely fluent in the languages, I would still highly encourage you to apply. We always review applicants on a case-to-case basis, and if we feel like you have got it in you, we will do our best to catch you in our fishing net!

Are you our next member/tour guide? What are you waiting for?!

Posted May 18, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 15, 2019
  6. knoppers :^)
    But I recommend applying. I've been on the team for more than a year now and I throughly enjoy it ^^

Posted May 18, 2019
  7. Continuing on what @Vocaloiid said, I’ve been on Translations Team for over a year and it’s genuinely been such a great subteam. I’ve made friends from the people in my language as well as outside of it and the work is personally really fun!

Posted May 18, 2019
  8. Hello there! o/

I'm glad to say that I'm part of this team! I've been a translator for the Mineplex team back in 2016-2017 and recently I rejoined it, translating into Romanian. It's genuinely a wonderful team and I'm encouraging you to apply if you want to! We are very friendly and we would love to have you on our team! <3

Posted May 18, 2019
    Nicodami and florence ♡ like this.
  9. Been here for almost three years and not quitting any time soon. Love the team, we are all a big family there :’)

Posted May 18, 2019
    skarm, darkmeen, Kisme and 4 others like this.
  10. I've been there for over a year now. I think it's one of the funniest teams we have on Mineplex! The cultural background is amazing, and there is indeed a lot of banter in the chat ;)
    If you speak one of the languages above, you know what to do :D

Posted May 19, 2019
    florence ♡ and Kisme like this.
  11. Hi

I wish I could speak another language fluently however I can't, meaning Ill never be on the Translations Team. But I would like to wish anyone applying the best of luck! I've heard being a part of the TT is an amazing experience and can help you improve your own skills within translation.

Good luck:)

Posted May 19, 2019
    florence ♡ and Vocaloiid like this.
  12. This year I will celebrate my 3rd anniversary on Translations Team. I still enjoy this team even after these long years, we have a lot of fun inside the team which makes it for me as one of the best. The team connects people with different cultures and mentality almost from all over the world to work on the same goal - translations.

I'd definitely recommend you to apply if you know the languages above as we are always happy to see new members on the team!

Posted May 19, 2019
    florence ♡ and Nicodami like this.
  13. I bet it would be so cool knowing more than one language. I'm just a normal guy that knows only English and a few words in other languages. I'm taking Spanish next year so hopefully I'll be able to learn it to the point of fluency. If I knew a language on that list, I'd definitely join. Good luck to anyone applying!

Posted May 19, 2019
    florence ♡, Sven and Vocaloiid like this.
  14. Spanish TT is now open for applicants! Please feel free to apply if you have a good understanding of the Spanish Language!

Posted Jul 2, 2019
    florence ♡ likes this.
  15. Hola everyone!

This is a quick announcement to let everyone know that applications are temporarily closed. We are changing a few things about the application process, so stay tuned for more information!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Nicodami, Tobias and THELichCA like this.
  16. The experience of being on the team is not bad by any means and it is a way to bond with a lot of other people, including those who speak the same language as you do. It is however the team that in my opinion contributes the least to Mineplex in general, as it's limited to Bedrock and from what I've heard, the translation option doesn't even work anymore. So that says enough in my honest opinion.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  17. I don't really think that's a fair statement to make. It devalues the hard work that members of the team put into their job.

You are correct that we currently only translate Bedrock; however, Bedrock is the most popular platform with the biggest player base, so we are contributing to Mineplex by making it accessible to thousands of players from around the world. There are other community and staff teams that are limited to one platform as well, and just because they only focus on that platform doesn't mean they don't contribute to "Mineplex in general".

The translation option does work, and I can confirm that because I just tested it and consulted with a member of QAT. If you have personally encountered an issue, then I would suggest making a bug report so it can be fixed as soon as possible :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019
    THELichCA likes this.
  18. It is a fair statement. The translation not working is something that I heard about two months ago so my apologies, I suppose it got fixed in the mean time then.

It is fair because the chances are that the most players who don't speak English, especially on Bedrock, are a very young audience that, when split into 16 languages, makes the users of specific languages rather infrequent. Not non-existent - don't get me wrong - but compared to what other teams do for the entire server, this team is targeting a minority, who would for the most part be better off learning English via games anyway (it only takes basic school knowledge and a translation service!), so considering the work that has to be put into translating large amounts of strings, my statement goes towards future applicants, who should know that if they're looking to contribute to the network in a more meaningful way, it is not worth applying for the sub-team. Saying that as a former proofreader.

You probably won't agree with me and you actually shouldn't due to your position in the team, but I always have a strong opinion when I express it on the forums, be it positive or negative. All I initially wanted here is to leave a quick remark seeing as this thread popped up again.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  19. We recently discovered that there are a couple of broken languages on the server, but I can assure you that these will be fixed as soon as possible.

I will not say that your argument is invalid, but I think I need to address something here. You mention how the young audience (which, most likely, will be the target group when accounting for players who have yet to learn English) makes the users of specific languages rather infrequent. Although that may be true, considering the fact that we currently support 18 different languages spread widely across the world, the number of players we are helping overall increases significantly - which is the entire purpose of the translations team; we want to help people worldwide by supporting a great variety of languages. We do this to ensure that everyone who has the opportunity to play on the server will get the best experience possible. It should not matter whether you are a young player who has yet to be taught English, or you just live in a country that does not prioritize teaching English.

As a Dane, I can confirm that, yes, there might not be that many Danes my age who will use the Language feature when playing on Bedrock - but the younger audience, even if it may not be that many, will benefit from this. When we know that we can help even the smallest group of players within a country, we want to help those.

The fact that we do translate 18 languages means that we cover a larger playerbase within the younger audience. By no means am I stating that we are helping a majority of the playerbase, but that was not the purpose to begin with.

As Florence stated regarding a similar statement of yours, I believe that this is unfair, especially to the current members of the team. Our members are constantly working on creating the best translations possible to ensure that the players we do help will get the best quality. As a manager, I can assure you that we are always working on broadening our area of effect within the Mineplex Network as a means to help as many players as possible. That is what makes this team so meaningful to me.

I know this might be biased considering the fact that I have been on the team for almost three years, but I have never ever felt that what we do is without purpose or meaning. We always ask our members for feedback to make sure that they feel the same way. If they felt like their work was utterly pointless, I do not think they would stay here.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
  20. Posted 9/30/19
    Coming at you with a HUGE update!

New Languages!!?
    You asked and we listened! That’s right, we’ve added two new languages to the team: Korean and Turkish! We’re really excited to expand our team and make the server accessible for even more players. Although we were not able to add every language that we’ve seen recommended on the forums, DMs, and polls, that doesn’t mean they are off the table for a future update.

New Application Process
    We have decided to modify our application process! From now on, applications for all languages will always be open! That being said, we will still only be accepting new members when a Proofreader requests a new member for their language. Please read the main post on this thread for more information.

Scouts!
    After careful consideration, we have decided to introduce a revamped version of the scouts department. The scouts are our “quality assurance” team whose primary job lies within testing out various parts of the network to ensure everything has been translated. You do NOT need to know another language to apply for Scout, but if you do that’s awesome! We are looking for applicants that have a good eye for spotting mistakes and are active on our Bedrock server.

Oh, and happy International Translation Day!

Update - 10/6/19
    Thank you to everyone who submitted an application for Translator and Scout this week! We're so happy that so many of you are interested in joining the team. We want to give a very special congratulations to the very first batch of Scouts:

@Cheezeburgerfan
    @Lila
    @TeaSpiller

We'd also like to congratulate @Korca on becoming the Korean proofreader!

Congrats [​IMG]

--

Don't forget that there are still open spots for the following languages:
    French (CA)
    Japanese
    Korean
    Polish
    Portuguese
    Russian
    Spanish
    Turkish

Have a spooky week!